Bold and decisive move to prevent mass shootings

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Fairportfan

Bold and decisive move to prevent mass shootings

Post by Fairportfan »

Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
ShneekeyTheLost

Re: Bold and decisive move to prevent mass shootings

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

Okay, I don't think Picard's double-facepalm is sufficient for this one.

I wonder if I can bribe Zaphod Beeblebrox with a Pan-Galactic Gargleblaster and get a quad-facepalm...
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

It says 'COOPERATIVE PLAY AVAILABLE' right on the front of the machine. If that isn't sending a good message, I don't know what is.

Do we have statistics of people leaving Mass. rest stops and going on violence sprees? Just curious ya know.

Texas state rest stops are just poorly maintained bathrooms, and if you're lucky, a vending machine or two. You have to stop at a private business to get the level of shopping I see in the photo.
(and it's probably not a good idea to pull a weapon in a highway side business in Texas late at night)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Def not a liberal or conservative issue. This is a fear makes people into idiots issue.
Jabberwonky wrote:Texas state rest stops are just poorly maintained bathrooms, and if you're lucky, a vending machine or two. You have to stop at a private business to get the level of shopping I see in the photo.
Having just driven to Mexico and back I have to somewhat disagree. Some of the rest areas are actually kept very nicely. You are right about the limited selection of vending machines, though. On the way back I was going to buy a Glaceau Vitamin Water but when I was about to put my money into the machine I saw the damned thing was actually filled with regular sodas. Of course what I recognize as "rest areas" are the state run locations that only include parking, bathrooms, and maybe a small park area are not the same as a "truck stops" which would include a gas station/store/restaurant like what this Massachusetts thing is talking about.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

shadowinthelight wrote:Def not a liberal or conservative issue. This is a fear makes people into idiots issue.
I will not Fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that leads to total oblivion...

Yea, pretty much this. Mind you, the ruling is asinine, and liberal viewpoints are more inclined to acquiesces to this sort of nonsense, but it's pure blind fear causing this sort of thing to happen.

The worst part? The kid in question? Stole the gun from the locked gun safe. In other words, gun control laws wouldn't have stopped it from happening. Gun control just means only the criminals have them.
Jabberwonky wrote:Texas state rest stops are just poorly maintained bathrooms, and if you're lucky, a vending machine or two. You have to stop at a private business to get the level of shopping I see in the photo.
Having just driven to Mexico and back I have to somewhat disagree. Some of the rest areas are actually kept very nicely. You are right about the limited selection of vending machines, though. On the way back I was going to buy a Glaceau Vitamin Water but when I was about to put my money into the machine I saw the damned thing was actually filled with regular sodas. Of course what I recognize as "rest areas" are the state run locations that only include parking, bathrooms, and maybe a small park area are not the same as a "truck stops" which would include a gas station/store/restaurant like what this Massachusetts thing is talking about.
Yea, Texas 'Rest Stops' are state-run, because you might go a hundred miles before you see your next bathroom. Since it's basically designed as a potty break and place to stretch your legs, they put minimal infrastructure in. They just don't see the traffic necessary to support any kind of a business beyond a couple of vending machines which are mostly passive and can be maintained once a month or so.

Truck Stops are private businesses, not state run. Anyone suggesting a state ban on light gun video games in private businesses would be laughed out of the state.