Find Your Exit Buddy 2013-01-11

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
davids4250

Re: Find Your Exit Buddy 2013-01-11

Post by davids4250 »

I wonder how patient the Library is with it's Librarians. We have seen Phix smash a Titan through a wall, slaughter a sphinx and eat it, tear up the floor chasing Nudge, who jumped through a window to escape, and now land on the floor hard enough to crack it. All of these things have caused either damage or large messes to clean up. Self-cleaning or not, as an intelligent being, the Library might be getting a little impatient itself.
I would not be surprised if the bibrary stepped in to prevent Phix from disposing of these two "shitty mosquitos", though I don't expect that.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Stigmartyr762 wrote:Phix is here, so let fire up the band and get this party started shall we!?

Tsillah has some fast talking to do before Phix rips the rookies to shreds. (For the life of me I can't remember the names of those two dingbats.)
Lily ("Unconscious") Pratt and Suzi ("Ruh Roh") McBride.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

Fairportfan wrote:Lily ("Unconscious") Pratt and Suzi ("Ruh Roh") McBride.
...I think less "Ruh Roh", more "Oh, mother of Hell...!" :shock:
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Hm. How strange it must be, to see one's life flash before one's eyes despite being undead.

Anyhow: I kind of feel bad for saying this, but I love how Paul draws his characters in mind-numbing shock or the depths of terror.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

MerchManDan wrote:Hm. How strange it must be, to see one's life flash before one's eyes despite being undead.
I wonder if their un-life starts at the moment of perceived ending and runs backwards to their awakening....
MerchManDan wrote:Anyhow: I kind of feel bad for saying this, but I love how Paul draws his characters in mind-numbing shock or the depths of terror.
I think you just like looking at Tina. ;)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Jabberwonky wrote:I think you just like looking at Tina. ;)
*ahem* Yes, well. I've never kept that a secret. :mrgreen: Though I have to admit, seeing her in such a state (or about to get the Nudge punched out of her) was somewhat distressing.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

MerchManDan wrote:Hm. How strange it must be, to see one's life flash before one's eyes despite being undead.
Heh - in The Probability Pad (third in the "Greenwich Village" trilogy written by three different authors). Tom Waters arrives at Castle Dracula with "Altamont" and "Dr Hudson" (don't ask) and thinks (from memory):
It didn't look...

(Slight semantic breakdown, here)

How does one describe the tenancy of vampires?

Undeaded in? Battened down? Vamped?
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
donoho

Post by donoho »

Anyhow: I kind of feel bad for saying this, but I love how Paul draws his characters in mind-numbing shock or the depths of terror.
Let's not forget abject desperation.
MerchManDan wrote:
*ahem* Yes, well. I've never kept that a secret. :mrgreen: Though I have to admit, seeing her in such a state (or about to get the Nudge punched out of her) was somewhat distressing.
Every time someone submits a link to a comic, I lose at least an hour going backwards and forward from that point, like having my own personal flashback (which is Awesome). That said, is this the one other time Nudge heard the Library speak? Sphix certainly makes it seem like it was a first for her. Coincidence that Monica was present for both occasions?
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

Dave wrote::o :shock:

Oh dear.

She's not going to hurt you. The boss, however...

Considering how the Library is known to hold copies of all books ever written, even those whose every Earthly printing has been destroyed, I find it hard to believe that Pablo was able to resist the temptation to title this strip accordingly. "Fear and Loathing in Lost Pages."
no i think hurt not even on the scale of seeing phix like this.. i think its going to be different totally different scale of seeing how fast phix can disembowel them before they even get chance to wake up and maybe be dragged to the nearest incinerator
Last edited by Sphinx-Napped on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

ChattaStarhawk wrote:Oh, boy...

"Clean-up on aisle 9!"

Now might be a good time to cloak either the girls or Phix (or both, for that matter) in shadows to allow enough time for things to cool down before something permanent occurs.
I think it's a old rock grouop. Blood, Sweat, and Tears.

<Clink>
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

We do have to remember that, despite who Phix is, Tsillah's daddy is a bit more, how shall we say, "up the river" from a typical Apo?

(tosses an oar into the pun vault, just in case)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Kingmaker

Post by Kingmaker »

Atomic wrote:And now, a word from our sponsor:

RUN!
Brought to you by: AirPhix, by wearing this shoe you can outrun a phixy situation.
"But when they said, "Give us a king to lead us," this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the LORD"
1 Samuel 8:6

Sometimes being the Kingmaker is harder than it sounds, especially when people don't know what they are getting into.
eee

Post by eee »

Vampires can faint? Who'd have thunk it?

Tsillah should be able to salvage this. She can cover Phix with shadow, or pull Pratt and McBride into herself, or probably do several things we haven't seen her do yet. This assumes Monica won't react first and protect two beings she doesn't know from one whose destructive potential she knows too well...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Kingmaker wrote:
Atomic wrote:And now, a word from our sponsor:

RUN!
Brought to you by: AirPhix, by wearing this shoe you can outrun a phixy situation.
Just remember, you don't have to run faster than the sphinx.

You just have to run faster than the vampire next to you.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

donoho wrote:

MerchManDan wrote:
Every time someone submits a link to a comic, I lose at least an hour going backwards and forward from that point, like having my own personal flashback (which is Awesome). That said, is this the one other time Nudge heard the Library speak? Sphix certainly makes it seem like it was a first for her. Coincidence that Monica was present for both occasions?
The one that gives me gersbermps...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Julie

Post by Julie »

Dave wrote:Considering how the Library is known to hold copies of all books ever written, even those whose every Earthly printing has been destroyed, I find it hard to believe that Pablo was able to resist the temptation to title this strip accordingly. "Fear and Loathing in Lost Pages."
*groan* Terrible! :P That said, I really appreciated the Finding Nemo reference. :) It made me a happy bunny...even happier than I am on a normal Friday. I think I need to re-watch that movie. It gives me the warm fuzzies like few other movies can.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

eee wrote:Vampires can faint? Who'd have thunk it?

Tsillah should be able to salvage this. She can cover Phix with shadow, or pull Pratt and McBride into herself, or probably do several things we haven't seen her do yet. This assumes Monica won't react first and protect two beings she doesn't know from one whose destructive potential she knows too well...
Definitely this, I think.
ImageImage
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

I'm thinking that the next sound we may hear will be the Higher Ups reasserting themselves through the Library's Magic Voice, and it won't be for Movie Sign.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

donoho wrote:

Looks more like the depths of terror to me.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Monday: Two panic-stricken vampires trying to hid behind a Demon Shepherd who is a foot shorter than either of them...
=====================
=====================
mike weber