Follow Me 2012-12-18

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
MerchManDan

Follow Me 2012-12-18

Post by MerchManDan »

Yup, there goes the coffee.

Wouldn't have guessed Pratt might be a stutterer.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
davids4250

Re: Follow Me 2012-12-18

Post by davids4250 »

If Nudge had not convinced her, Lily just realized that she is in the Big Leagues now!
Why does someone as tall as Brandi need heels?
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

See, Lily, now you're working for the Jaguar Girl, too! Won't Suzy be jealous?

T minus 3 days
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

And súddenly Pratt realizes she's in waaaay over her head.

The last remark by Brandi is not exactly helping in the "not peeing in the pants"-department. :lol:

Oh, and something else: Miss Oduya, would You marry me? Like, now? Or do you want my soul? Take it. It's Yours. It's the hair. It's that Pam Grier-vibe, my kryptonite.. Gorgeous woman. Tall. In sharp-cut lady-executive ensemble. Swaying her behind.. uck... :shock: BAFF! *faints on the spot*
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Aha!! With Jay-Em out of the way, I can swoop in & make Brandi mine! MINE!!! Mwahahahaaa!!!

...if she'd have me, of course.
Yamara wrote:See, Lily, now you're working for the Jaguar Girl, too! Won't Suzy be jealous?
Why would she be jealous? They're partners, which means they'd both be working for the Jaguar Girl.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Dave

Post by Dave »

MerchManDan wrote:Yup, there goes the coffee.
<Tim-the-enchanter> I told them, I warned them... but they never listen! </Tim-the-enchanter>
Jürgen A. Erhard

Post by Jürgen A. Erhard »

davids4250 wrote:If Nudge had not convinced her, Lily just realized that she is in the Big Leagues now!
Who says she needs 'em?
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

davids4250 wrote:Why does someone as tall as Brandi need heels?
My Ex, the one that looks like Brandi, was 6' in her stalking feet. She liked dating me because she could wear heels...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Not-Brandi, meet Brandi. And pick up your cup, will ya?
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

davids4250 wrote:If Nudge had not convinced her, Lily just realized that she is in the Big Leagues now!
Nudge? I thought that was Tsillah. http://wapsisquare.com/comic/over-our-heads/
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Jabberwonky wrote:
My Ex, the one that looks like Brandi, was 6' in her stalking feet. She liked dating me because she could wear heels...
Do you mean 'stocking feet', or did she sneak up on people?

Also, the first rule for tall women: don't slouch. Act like there is a thread tied to the top of your head pulling you taller. Tall hair and high heels help (even thought he latter were designed by a man who obviously hated women).
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

The Chess Master!!!! What an interesting alias BRandi has in MIB. Well she did warn M that she is the type to make many varied and devious plans. The title indicates someone behind the board, not on it. So Brandi is the shadowy figure behind the scenes of MIB. I do wonder why her alias is known to people outside of MIB? Usually that position in an organization is kept at a very low profile to prevent opposition from removing them, or compromising them.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
nerf-dweller

Post by nerf-dweller »

It's most likely the Agent Pratt, being of the supernatural world, knows about "The Chess Master" and possibly the MIB.
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

For some reason I'm reminded of a line from Hawkwind, about high heels clicking like a pair of cloven hooves.
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

lake_wrangler wrote:Not-Brandi, meet Brandi. And pick up your cup, will ya?
OMMFG!!! Now i know why the two agents look so much like Brandi and Bud... they're gonna be Body-Doubles for both of them... once Brandi finally gets done training them up to act the part... THAT'S when they will bring Monica into the loop (no pun intended) about the MIB with THOSE TWO AS THE "BOSSES"... it'll backfire in the long run when Monica finds out of course, and as we know that SHELLY knows that Monica will get pissed if she finds out about them keeping secrets from her later... the question remains: does Brandy and Bud know that? as of right now, as far as i can recall... Brandi is the only Supe that HASN'T done something to betray her trust! Jin was the WHOLE "CM Loop" manipulation thing, Bud and Shelly were the one's behind stabbing her in the head (AND recently ripping her heart out). Phix and Nudge for the "Eating of Medea" incident, Euryale freezing her too many times, Maya teaching her Glyph and then "disappearing" that got her locked up for a long time... Tepoz for going along with most of it till he cracked and told her the rest (as far as we know, since there are still some discrepancies in his side of things) when Monica finds out about Brandi now being the one to betray her, especially in something this profound, the fecal matter will DEFINITELY impact the rotary air impeller...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

NOTDilbert wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
Do you mean 'stocking feet', or did she sneak up on people?

Also, the first rule for tall women: don't slouch. Act like there is a thread tied to the top of your head pulling you taller. Tall hair and high heels help (even thought he latter were designed by a man who obviously hated women).
If you knew Pam the way I do...I stand by my spelling.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

ya know... on a TOTALLY Non-sequitor kind of thought tangent, i think i figured out why Tepoz was made so he can control all things alcohol related... so that Maya didn't have to make her OWN drinks, she could just tell Tepoz to do it for her...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Whatever satisfyingly dull, calm life Viki had as part of the "regular" FBI, dealing with whatever ultra grotesque suitable-for-vampire-skills events and people, she and Suzi are now truly way, way out of their comfort zones. First Tsillah, who could simply isolate them in a shadowy oblivion for eternity, if she so chose, and now the Chessmaster - immortal, invulnerable, and 5 steps ahead of them no mater what they do! They are now working for and with people against whom their formidable vampire powers are simply useless, AND they've nowhere to run.

Suzi may be a loose cannon with a heart of gold, but I think Viki is weary of her vampirism (and whatever similarly horrible back story as Suzi), and took comfort in having a job that was socially useful and reasonably challenging. She was proud of her work. And now, with a simple smile and introduction, she is reduced to even below her former status as pariah -- now she's just a pawn.
  • "Joseph was an unimportant slave
    who found he liked his master,
    consequently worked much harder,
    even with devotion!"
Soon we shall see how Brandi works her wizardry.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
eee

Post by eee »

Not QUITE tongue tied, but certainly terrified. These two are getting such an overpowering introduction to the higher echelons of the supernatural world...

I expect Pratt to ask soon "What do you want with us? We're just vampires". And Brandi to come back with something along the lines of "Dear, there's no such thing as 'just' to me."
Bud_Fanboi

Post by Bud_Fanboi »

Nervous? Poor thing is absolutely terrified. Although, standing in front of Brandi or Bud like that, can't say I'd be the same.