Ready For School 2017-04-04

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Ready For School 2017-04-04

Post by Dave »

When She Who Can't Emote meets Atsali, will there be a quantum singularity of emotional misunderstanding?
Opus the Poet

Re: Ready For School 2017-04-04

Post by Opus the Poet »

I predict that Atsali will have zero issues with reading Digit's emotional state. :lol: :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

That's an issue I hadn't thought about . . .

--FreeFlier
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Opus the Poet wrote:I predict that Atsali will have zero issues with reading Digit's emotional state. :lol: :ugeek:
I second that notion!

The fun part will be seeing others react to their mutual lack of reaction....
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Cortanis

Post by Cortanis »

Opus the Poet wrote:I predict that Atsali will have zero issues with reading Digit's emotional state. :lol: :ugeek:
Yep. She'll probably be able to read her like a book.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Dave wrote:When She Who Can't Emote meets Atsali, will there be a quantum singularity of emotional misunderstanding?
Nah. They'll help each other and both learn.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote:When She Who Can't Emote meets Atsali, will there be a quantum singularity of emotional misunderstanding?
The blind shall be leading the deaf...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Cortanis wrote:
'Because irony', right?

It'll either be that, Atsali not even noticing, or Atsali bluntly asking what Digit's current emotional state is.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
AnotherFairportfan

One sort of assumes that Cricket's circle - which certainly includes Atsali and Nadette and possibly Devyn and company - will be tipped off to at least part of Digit's story.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Personally I foresee problems with Digit's name... Well, not so much her name as people's acceptance of that being her name. I mean everyone has a realistic name when you look at it, right? Except maybe Phix, but then she doesn't spend too much time in the human world. I'm worried for Digit... this will be her first real exposure to large groups of people for extended periods of time. I hope she'll be okay.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
sheik

Post by sheik »

DilyV wrote:Personally I foresee problems with Digit's name... Well, not so much her name as people's acceptance of that being her name. I mean everyone has a realistic name when you look at it, right? Except maybe Phix, but then she doesn't spend too much time in the human world. I'm worried for Digit... this will be her first real exposure to large groups of people for extended periods of time. I hope she'll be okay.
I just hope that along with the human form she got a dose of social animal behaviors. Without them she will be at a severe loss as to how to anticipate and interact with the other humanoids.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Gyrrakavian wrote:
Cortanis wrote:
'Because irony', right?
It actually makes some sense: Digit's been used to expressing herself without facial expressions, which means that her emoting is more through amplified gestures and stances. Atsali might be able to tune in to those sorts of things better than she can facial expressions.
sheik wrote:I just hope that along with the human form she got a dose of social animal behaviors. Without them she will be at a severe loss as to how to anticipate and interact with the other humanoids.
"Rule 17: Devouring other students, even if you're extremely hungry and they look particularly sluggish and juicy, will result in two weeks' detention and a stern letter of reprimand sent to your home."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Catawampus wrote: "Rule 17: Devouring other students, even if you're extremely hungry and they look particularly sluggish and juicy, will result in two weeks' detention and a stern letter of reprimand sent to your home."
Hey! How'd you get a hold of the Gryphon School Handbook?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

jwhouk wrote:Hey! How'd you get a hold of the Gryphon School Handbook?
Let's just say that I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a. . .thing.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Cortanis wrote:Yep. She'll probably be able to read her like a book.
Gyrrakavian wrote:'Because irony', right?
Catawampus wrote:It actually makes some sense: Digit's been used to expressing herself without facial expressions, which means that her emoting is more through amplified gestures and stances. Atsali might be able to tune in to those sorts of things better than she can facial expressions.
Wolf-who-watches wrote:ImageTwo-legs are so blind . . . Image
:roll: Guess who else communicates that way . . . :roll:

--FreeFlier
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Wapsi Square: the only place where the sentence "I could read your expressions better when you were a spider" makes perfect sense... :lol:
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

lake_wrangler wrote:Wapsi Square: the only place where the sentence "I could read your expressions better when you were a spider" makes perfect sense... :lol:
AnotherFairportfan

Catawampus wrote:
jwhouk wrote:Hey! How'd you get a hold of the Gryphon School Handbook?
Let's just say that I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a. . .thing.
Do you read Alexie Aaron?
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Do you read Alexie Aaron?
Seeing as how this is the first that I ever recall seeing that name, I'd hazard a guess that I haven't.
AnotherFairportfan

Catawampus wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Do you read Alexie Aaron?
Seeing as how this is the first that I ever recall seeing that name, I'd hazard a guess that I haven't.
Alexie Aaron is an author of paranormal romances - centered around a spook-busting group called PEEPS. They have lots of friends and associates, one of whom is a guy who knows a guy who can{whatever}.

I'm working my way through the series until i get bored; Kate has a lot of them on the Kindle account.