Ready For Them 2017-02-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Ready For Them 2017-02-27

Post by lake_wrangler »

A new cast member is introduced.

Shouldn't the teachers be keeping to human form, given the guidelines of "the older the student, the longer they must keep their human form during the day"? Shouldn't they be showing the example?

Or are they in a "safe" zone, in the teacher's lounge or something, where they can relax a little?
Last edited by lake_wrangler on Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Opus the Poet

Re: Ready For Them 2017-02-27

Post by Opus the Poet »

So, is Cori Bryn's GF, SO, life partner, or current fling?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

She just thinks she's ready for them . . .

And today appears to confirm that Bryn is the one who talked Katherine into that vacation trip . . .

--FreeFlier
Last edited by FreeFlier on Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Cori Phillips, the Half-Orc Kindergarten Teacher.

And hm, Bryn is a teacher at Gryphon? Yeah, what happens in Tsarabanjina really needs to stay in Tsarabanjina...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

I think we have a new contender for the "most impressive set of para fangs" award of the month.

Any guesses about the brand of the bottled beverage in the 'fridge in the break room? What might para teachers prefer as a refresher?
jwhouk wrote:And hm, Bryn is a teacher at Gryphon? Yeah, what happens in Tsarabanjina really needs to stay in Tsarabanjina...
Rumour is a highly volatile gas. It diffuses across a wide area very easily.
Opus the Poet wrote:So, is Cori Bryn's GF, SO, life partner, or current fling?
Or co-worker, in an entirely above-board professional relationship.

(We really should consider all possibilities, even the improbable ones)
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

I'm really hoping the fact that Bryn has shown back up means she and Kath are together! I loved that!
As you can all tell by my avi. And the fact that I bought the ebay art of it.

Also I should hope she's not Bryn's life partner. If she was then Bryn cheated on her with Kath.
Dave

Post by Dave »

TheCollector wrote:Also I should hope she's not Bryn's life partner. If she was then Bryn cheated on her with Kath.
"Cheated" implies deception, and/or breaking a promise or commitment. It implies a relationship that's based on personal/sexual exclusivity. That's certainly the case for many long-term relationships - perhaps most - but I doubt it's true of all such, even among humans. With paras, who knows?
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

What did I miss? I saw two teachers talking about job stuff, one who at the very least did a bit of horizontal fandango with Katherine- I see no evidence yet that THESE two are involved in anything ... sensual... unless there's a clue that sailed by me...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
What did I miss? I saw two teachers talking about job stuff, one who at the very least did a bit of horizontal fandango with Katherine- I see no evidence yet that THESE two are involved in anything ... sensual... unless there's a clue that sailed by me...
None on record, as far as I can see. It's obvious that they aren't strangers to one another, but so far there's nothing in evidence to say that they're more than acquaintances or casual friends, I think. Cori is obviously new to the position of being a full-fledged teacher rather than just an aide; it's plausible that she was an aide last at the same school where Bryn was a teacher, but even that's not definite so far.
Last edited by Dave on Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

It's the body language. Standing that close usually reflects intimacy, or aggression. And, the faces imply the former, more than the latter.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Possibly just a friendship. The truth is Pablo's to reveal.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

jeffepp wrote:It's the body language. Standing that close usually reflects intimacy, or aggression.
Depends on the culture. Japanese folks will sometimes stand so far apart when talking that they practically need to break out the semaphore flags, while Saudis may consider you stand-offish if you're not just about stepping on their toes when you chat with them. Who knows how things are in faun society, or where either of these two live when they're not at school?

For the record, I didn't really get any feeling of "somethin' goin' on" between these two gals.
Akasha

Post by Akasha »

hmm, why do i think, all in a sudden, of Paula Patton ...
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

Hey, that is the Faunus that hooked up with Katherine, when she got her mojo on! Does she work at the same school that Castela goes to? Wait, what am I saying? Of course she does, and I will put down money that she is one of Castela's Teachers. This is going to make those Parent/Teacher Conferences reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaly interesting.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

It looks like a friendly but professional Sensei & Padawan relationship... to me.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Yea i get that shes just giving hints for her first day. Facing a pack of kindergartners can cause the bravest to know fear.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Well, the fact that Bryn has to ask whether Cori recovered over the weekend, puts a likely upper limit on how close they are. As in, they probably didn't see each other all weekend.

(Also, the fact that Cori needed the weekend to recover, probably implies that this isn't her first day in full charge of the class. It's apparently pretty early in her career, but not THAT early.)
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Man, I really hope Byrn is sticking around and not just here to introduce the new girl before vanishing into once in a blue moon land.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Is Bryn a pot smoker, or does she give everyone the "bedroom eyes?"

Edit: Or she could be exhausted or sleepy... Forgot about that.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Alkarii wrote:Is Bryn a pot smoker, or does she give everyone the "bedroom eyes?"

Edit: Or she could be exhausted or sleepy... Forgot about that.
Well, considering what she is, she could just naturally be doe-eyed.