X-Mas break 2016-12-23

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Re: X-Mas break 2016-12-23

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote:But it was 'impervious to bodily secretions'... that's not good enough?
I, personally, would consider that a necessary condition, but not a sufficient condition, for a device such as the Rabbit.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Just Old Al wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote: You mean, after all this time of writing about and dealing with the paranormal, and he still uses electricity to produce his comic? :roll:

Maybe Greg and Al need to pay him a visit, and set up his computer with an alternate power source... ;)
Trust me, we've offered...he's a traditionalist. What for the life of me is wrong with a modified Rabbit plugged into the breaker panel I simply don't know, but when we mentioned it he got nervous and changed the subject.
That's too bad... That Rabbit was exactly what I had in mind, too... I'm sure if would have worked great! :D
Rabbits make some people nervous . . . the gray-and-white talking mini-lops make people especially nervous, for some reason . . .
Wolf-who-watches wrote:One hopes that long-ears is not around here . . .

/Sniff sniff sniffsniff/
Quite.

Although . . . Lanthian origins would explain so much . . .

--FreeFlier
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

FreeFlier wrote:Rabbits make some people nervous . . . the gray-and-white talking mini-lops make people especially nervous, for some reason . . .

/Sniff sniff sniffsniff/
Quite.

--FreeFlier
Perhaps, but one would think a Lanthian would ordinarily carry weapons more advanced than a "simple" KA-CLICKing switchblade... lack of pockets notwithstanding...
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

lake_wrangler wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:Rabbits make some people nervous . . . the gray-and-white talking mini-lops make people especially nervous, for some reason . . .

/Sniff sniff sniffsniff/
Quite.

Perhaps, but one would think a Lanthian would ordinarily carry weapons more advanced than a "simple" KA-CLICKing switchblade... lack of pockets notwithstanding...
Weapons such as a genegineered minilop?

--FreeFlier
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

That may explain the rabbit which King Arthur encountered, that killed several of his men before they used the Holy Hand Grenade...

At first, I had thought you guys were talking about hooking up the animal, which sounds kind of cruel. But I noticed the capitalization, and thought about the vehicle... And a couple seconds later, I remembered that it's also a certain kind of toy, the likes of which my brother had bought for his first wife, several years before they married. So... Making one of those that runs on nuclear energy would certainly be an inappropriate use of technology.

Which now sounds like a terrible idea, not to mention something folks here wouldn't normally discuss, so it couldn't possibly be that.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Alkarii wrote:That may explain the rabbit which King Arthur encountered, that killed several of his men before they used the Holy Hand Grenade...

At first, I had thought you guys were talking about hooking up the animal, which sounds kind of cruel. But I noticed the capitalization, and thought about the vehicle... And a couple seconds later, I remembered that it's also a certain kind of toy, the likes of which my brother had bought for his first wife, several years before they married. So... Making one of those that runs on nuclear energy would certainly be an inappropriate use of technology.

Which now sounds like a terrible idea, not to mention something folks here wouldn't normally discuss, so it couldn't possibly be that.

Go here and see for yourself... viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2266
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

---

I gave both Al and Greg a sidelong glance.

"When do we want to tell them that it's really..."

"Hush," came the reply from both men.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin