Every Weekend 2016-12-14

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Every Weekend 2016-12-14

Post by DilyV »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/every-weekend/

I'm thinking that Atsali is going to learn about what happened before school starts... I'm not sure she'll be able to function till she puts her issues behind her...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
TheCollector

Re: Every Weekend 2016-12-14

Post by TheCollector »

THEY EACH HAVE THEIR OWN FLOOR?????!!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Wow! They got quite the deal, from MIB!

Now I wonder if that's standard procedure for any "normal" adopting paranormals, or if that has to do with what Atsali and Katherine acomplished, when they first met. Or even for Katherine's small part in fixing the calendar machine (Bud did mention that because of that, Katherine was above mere agent status, or something like that...)

Or perhaps a combination of all those...

Whatever it is, that's ... Wow!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Oh, and I guess we're seeing Atsali's separation anxiety showing up again...
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Funny that. I was one of the few freshmen that didn't want to visit home every weekend.

But then again, homesickness is just the result of being bad at adjusting to change.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

As i've said - unless the school has an aggressive bed check policy, she could come home every night if she wanted to.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

The school's probably in St. Paul.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Wow!

Separation anxiety much?

--FreeFlier
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Humm, Skylar doesn't want to be there. Astali doesn't want to be there. They gonna make a fine couple of roommates.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
eee

Post by eee »

Sometimes... sometimes parent birds don't just let the fledglings leave the nest, they have to kick them out to make them go explore the world.
TheCollector wrote:THEY EACH HAVE THEIR OWN FLOOR?????!!
At one time Atsali and Castela shared a room, but things would appear to have changed as they've gotten older.
AnotherFairportfan

If someone offered me a housing deal like that, i'd push my luck and ask for financing for the model railroad.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

lake_wrangler wrote:Wow! They got quite the deal, from MIB!

Now I wonder if that's standard procedure for any "normal" adopting paranormals, or if that has to do with what Atsali and Katherine acomplished, when they first met. Or even for Katherine's small part in fixing the calendar machine (Bud did mention that because of that, Katherine was above mere agent status, or something like that...)

Or perhaps a combination of all those...

Whatever it is, that's ... Wow!
Or the MiB, knowing of Castela's potential, wanted to give them a large enclosed space in which she could run and flail around without her destroying neighbouring structures. It might also give Atsali room to stretch her wings.
AnotherFairportfan wrote:As i've said - unless the school has an aggressive bed check policy, she could come home every night if she wanted to.
We've already seen that there are ways to block or limit teleportation, which is something that might appeal to a school with a lot of young paranormals who are away from family supervision for the first time in their lives. All that the school would have to do is to limit access to the off-campus portals, and the students wouldn't be able to just casually go from place to place. The school wouldn't need to keep track of the specific locations of individual students that way.

Of course, the other question is what the school means by requiring the students to live on campus. Do they have to spend a certain number of nights per week in the dorms? Or are they not allowed to leave the campus at all on anything other than official class business except for on certain specified days? Does Atsali have to remain on campus over weekends, or can she come home if she chooses to?
AnotherFairportfan wrote:If someone offered me a housing deal like that, i'd push my luck and ask for financing for the model railroad.
And I might actually finally have enough room to put up shelves for all of my books! Maybe. There does seem to be some sort of a natural universal law against that ever happening in life.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:And I might actually finally have enough room to put up shelves for all of my books! Maybe. There does seem to be some sort of a natural universal law against that ever happening in life.
It's a consequence of Parkinson's Law... work expands to consume the available resources.

If you ever did achieve that state, you would soon buy enough additional books to overwhelm the available space. Or maybe you would inherit a whole collection from another enthusiast, or a truck full of books being moved to a new library would lose its steering and come crashing right through your wall and dump its load.
AnotherFairportfan

AnotherFairportfan wrote:If someone offered me a housing deal like that, i'd push my luck and ask for financing for the model railroad.
Understand, we're talking at least a 40 x 40 room slap FULL of N scale. Minimum mainline running about 600 feet (N scale 33 feet = 1 mile)

Hundreds of cars. Large stable of motive power, all with DCC control.

Lots of industries.

At least four DCC walk-around throttles.

Full sound on every locomotive.

Computer-controlled day/night cycle...

=============

If i ever win Mega Millions...
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Understand, we're talking at least a 40 x 40 room slap FULL of N scale. Minimum mainline running about 600 feet (N scale 33 feet = 1 mile)

Hundreds of cars. Large stable of motive power, all with DCC control.

Lots of industries.

At least four DCC walk-around throttles.

Full sound on every locomotive.

Computer-controlled day/night cycle...
Hey, if it was the MiB providing for you, then you might get it all powered by Lanthian technology. So it might turn your home into a glowing crater and tear apart the very fabric of time and space and tapioca, but at least it would be the most awe-inspiring model train set that ever briefly existed.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

We do NOT want to see what happens when someone tears apart the very fabric of tapioca...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Warrl wrote:We do NOT want to see what happens when someone tears apart the very fabric of tapioca...
My wife would probably disagree. She was forced to eat the stuff frequently as a child, and hated both the taste and texture. Then, some years ago, when she developed bad hypersensitivies to many foods, she was put on an allergen-elimination diet which, for several weeks, limited her to consuming little more than tapioca, and an awful "bread" made of lima-bean flour.

She'd almost certainly claim that the only good fate for tapioca is to have its very fabric torn apart.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Catawampus wrote: . . .
And I might actually finally have enough room to put up shelves for all of my books! Maybe. There does seem to be some sort of a natural universal law against that ever happening in life.
Yeah, I know . . .

I will point out that a warehouse doesn't have to be huge . . . I worked for a company that had one that was about 30' by 60' (9m x 18m) and three stories tall. The first story was double-height, so it was actually more like a 4-story building.

Granted, it was a pain to work in with a forklift, because it was really too small . . . the ground floor wasn't big enough for three ranks of racking, and too big for two ranks . . . and the door was in the long side . . . and there wasn't an elevator. The second floor could be reached by a forklift, but the third couldn't.

Stuff tended to get crowded in on the first floor, for obvious reasons, and because the upper floors weren't strong enough to accommodate the heavier stuff . . . which is mostly what went to the warehouse.

--FreeFlier
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

There is an example of a smaller "warehouse" on the corner of the corner of SE 3rd Avenue and 2nd Street SE, just across from General Mills' Minneapolis HQ.

Nothing that important ever happened there.

:roll: :lol:
Last edited by jwhouk on Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:There is an example of a smaller "warehouse" on the corner of the corner of SE 3rd Avenue and 2nd Street SE, just across from General Mills' Minneapolis HQ.

Nothing that important ever happened there.

:roll: :lol:
Now that's distinctly surreal.

Check it out on Google Maps. As you come down SE 3rd past General Mills, the building on the corner is vacant and available for rent. Reach the corner, turn and look at the building, and it's refurbished, occupied, and signed "Machine Shop".

Perhaps the glamour of abandonment doesn't work at short range? :lol: