Cerberus Burger Bar

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

GlytchMeister

Cerberus Burger Bar

Post by GlytchMeister »

So I may have mentioned a while ago that Peoria has recently gotten a new restaraunt called the Cerberus Burger Bar. I noticed it in passing while driving and have since resolved to go visit and see what it's like there, and post what I came up with here, because the moment I saw it, I immediately thought Cerberus Club.
WARNING, the following link goes to a website that is full of pictures! Proceed with caution. Thou shalt be mindful of thy data limit.
Well, I've gone and done that.

That's the image gallery, and my review is underneath the images when you click on them. I will be making another post here that provides direct links to images (not inserted images) and will have my text review as well, because dA isn't exactly a lightweight website.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
GlytchMeister

Re: Cerberus Burger Bar

Post by GlytchMeister »

The Front

Cerberus Burger Bar
1818 W. War Memorial Dr., Peoria, IL 61614
(309) 966-1415

The Scandalous Truth About Bellerophon

Spinning doodad

The bar

The Meal

I'm pretty boring when it comes to how I like my burgers.  I bult my own, and just went for a bacon cheeseburger.  the only non-traditional thing I went for was the Texas Toast bun.  I personally couldn't tell if there was garlic in the bun at all, but that's mainly because I was raised on huge quantities of garlic as a kid, so it takes a LOT for me to notice.  The burger was pretty much well cooked (I didn't specify how I wanted it, that's just how it came).  It was only mildly greasy, which was a pleasant change from how most burgers end up being for me;  I don't mind a little bit of grease, but when it dissolves the bun, I'm not very happy (I'm looking at you, Culvers).  The bacon was perfectly done:  chewy enough to not be burnt, crispy enough to not require extra effort to take a clean bite out of the burger.  Chomp.  Nom.  Yum.  No need for sawing at a stubborn strip of bacon with my lower incisors.  The fries... oh myyy, the fries.  They.  were.  AWESOME.  Crunchy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, not a hint of sogginess or overcooking to be found anywhere.  I loved the fries.  I think I'll try their loaded fries next time I go there.  So very delicious.  All in all, I was very, very happy with my meal.  Also, I didn't get an upset stomach later, which is always a big bonus.

The bill

Twelve bucks?  Twelve?  Wow.  That, my friends and strangers, is a damned good deal.  I got a super tasty bacon cheddar burger that kept me full for 8 hours, incredibly delicious fries, and unlimited refills on my soda.  I would also like to mention my server was very quick on the draw, polite, and personable.  I never once ran out of soda, and believe you me, I tried

*Pin Drop*

UNFORTUNATELY, Cerberus doesnt seem to be getting a lot of business.  Granted, I did show up on a wet, cold, Sunday afternood, but still.  I only saw three other groups while I was there, and that's including the people walking out of the building when I was taking a picture of the front before I even walked inside.  Jeeze.  This is part of why I'm doing this.  I like the place, so I'm trying to help this small business get a leg up.  Especially since the building they are in goes through businesses really rather quickly.  I've seen quite a few restaraunts come and go through this building, and I would prefer if this one stuck around.  As you can see, the place is pretty nice to look at.  Marble tables and dark wood and leather make it a nice, relaxing sort of place.  The blue theme going on at the bar brings to mind the Greek Underworld, and the red here kinda reminded me of Tatarus, which was cool.  There is also a little stage for live bands, so that being a possibility is definately super cool, if they get good bands.  Speaking of music, the ambient music today was mostly your standard fare public background music.  It's better than what I hear at grocery stores, at least, and I was pleasantly surprised when Stevie Wonder's "Superstition" came on.

OOGA BOOGA!

(Ha ha, got'cha!)

Ok, so here's the rundown.  I really liked it here, and I'm definately going to be a repeat customer.  I'm a big fan of the theme (I'm fascinated by ancient greek mythology), I like how they did up the place, and I loved the food.  Also, there is a little stage for live music, so that being a possibility is definately very cool.  Oh, speaking of music, this place played mainly the standard sort of music you expect to hear, though I was pleasantly surprised when I heard Stevie Wonder's "Superstition" play.  All in all, I wouldn't change a thing about Cerberus.  I loved it.  So if you're near Peoria, or happen to find yourself passing through, I fully recommend swinging by and grabbing a bite to eat here.
I'm too much!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

There are more pictures than what I just linked to, by the way. So if you want to see more, click the link in the top post.
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Noted from the photos:

"The Menu": The Sphinx is a mushroom-and-Swiss burger. No ribs, alas.

"The Meal": I can feel my arteries narrowing, just looking at it :) and wish I could try some!
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

GlytchMeister wrote:Proceed with caution. Thou shalt be mindful of thy data limit.
Well, I've gone and done that.
DA is very nice, but for just random stuff, have you considered Flickr or similar?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Not really... I usually don't need an image hosting site. I don't take a lot of photos. Besides, dA and I are old friends. I've been on it for seven years (holy crap). Never really saw the need to get on another website.
I'm too much!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

For a 7 year relationship, you don't seem to have much in way of images, in there... But then again, I'm not one to speak: I don't think I even have one in my account... :roll: :P

On the menu:
Cerberus burger:
Three patties, blah blah blah, etc...
*For one patty, order the puppy burger
:lol: :lol: :lol: