The Vent Thread

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

The Vent Thread

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

{Borrowing a thread title from the Misfile forum - a thread where people can complain about things.}

Okay. Will the Assembled Tribes take a look at this screen grab of Office Depot's order-tracking app and come to a conclusion as to what it means the status of the saddle-stapler in question is?

Going by this, would you not figure that the saddle-stapler in question was delivered to its new home in Gainesville GA at approximately 10 AM yesterday, 1 March 2016, as promised when the order was placed?

Not according to the nice Customer Service rep in Mumbai or wherever, who insists that it means it's in the warehouse awaiting carrier pick up.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
GlytchMeister

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by GlytchMeister »

Oh, how I love technology in the workplace...

Walmart uses price guns (everyone pronounces it tel-zons... I've never seen the name written out)... Not once have I seen the inventory numbers match up with what is actually in the store. If it says the shelf is full, it's empty. If it says the shelf is empty, it's full. If it says an item is in a bin in the backroom, it's nowhere to be found. If it says we're completely out of the item, the distributed center warehouse doesn't have any, and none are in transit, we almost certainly have oodles and oodles of that item.

It's ridiculous and infuriating.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Delivery issues 90% of the time...says delivered. Means when you call them, they will say, "eff you, make your neighbours return them."

I've had packages stolen by sub drivers, who accused my neighbours...which were let's see, a retired corrections officer, a retired police officer, a male construction worker, a college professor, male, and one male, a punk and jerk...who knew I will castrate them with a sharpened rusty spork if I discovered they had stolen my stuff.

P.O. did not want to pay the very expensive insurance for the package from BPAL and Villainess that got stolen, so they said file a police report before they would. I called the national number and repeated locals response, stating if local finds my stuff on said carriers property, it will get public and ugly.

Funny how my packages came up damaged(as if I couldn't tell it had been opened first)...two days later. Both Vendors had, in the mean time replaced them, and after smelling the oils, it was obvious she had put her nasty hands on them...

So yeah, P.O. paid for replacements...

Forget to scan the package, and it travels in a death loop.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I submit my recent troubles over in the Win Ten thread re: a certain Broadcom wifi Chipset and lack thereof, support wise.

Oh, & ; (benicetoInky,benicetoInky,benicetoInky...)
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I dunno why, but Inky sounds more and more like someone I'd have a few beers with, if I could actually tolerate the taste of beer.

But maybe I'm just being weird. Well... Weirder than usual...

My dad had an issue with the postal service not too long ago.

Actually, I've noticed that just about every courier service has nosedived into the crapper. It used to be that when you got a package from FedEx or UPS, they'd had someone sign for it, or at the very least knock on the door.

Now they just leave it on the doorstep and walk off. It isn't like they don't know there's nobody home, when there's three vehicles parked in the driveway.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Alkarii wrote:I dunno why, but Inky sounds more and more like someone I'd have a few beers with, if I could actually tolerate the taste of beer.

But maybe I'm just being weird. Well... Weirder than usual...

My dad had an issue with the postal service not too long ago.

Actually, I've noticed that just about every courier service has nosedived into the crapper. It used to be that when you got a package from FedEx or UPS, they'd had someone sign for it, or at the very least knock on the door.

Now they just leave it on the doorstep and walk off. It isn't like they don't know there's nobody home, when there's three vehicles parked in the driveway.
I don't drink beer, and my single drink usually runs around the price of Shelley's Echidna Martini.

I never got hit on or offered drinks by guys on the rare occasion I was at a bar for that reason.

The thing is, with FedEx and UPS, you have to sign for it. Lots of times the drivers sign for it so they don't look negligent or lazy.

UPS got called oops for a long time by folks in my old neighbourhood after the driver signed for $2500 of computer parts and left it in my yard. I think you can see where this is going.

He never knocked, signed and delivered them the one time I was not actually home. Box got stolen.

Driver became a sorter until he paid off the replacement order of parts, then they reviewed him, and found he signed for tons of packages. Soon after, there was a new permanent driver for my route.

Beautiful thing was, six weeks later, my brother went to pick up a friend from his buddies house and saw kids new computer, my computer parts box in the kids room with my name on it, and struck up a conversation with said idiot about the box and machine. Guy said this hot chick gave it to him....wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Cue police raiding his house and recovering tens of thousands of dollars of stolen goods because he knew the oops guy signed for the boxes...saw him do it for weeks before he got the idea.

I trust the tracking not at all until it's in my hand.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Alkarii wrote:Actually, I've noticed that just about every courier service has nosedived into the crapper. It used to be that when you got a package from FedEx or UPS, they'd had someone sign for it, or at the very least knock on the door.

They seem to have shifted their goal away from "deliver the item" and more towards "run your delivery route as quickly as possible". Getting the parcels to their recipients has become a secondary (if even that much) concern.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I was making a delivery today, and the UPS guy was making a delivery. He also had one for the restaurant next door, but they were closed. He actually had the lady sign for her clinic's stuff and the stuff for the restaurant.

I was shocked.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.