Too Credulous to be Out Without a Minder Dept.

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

Too Credulous to be Out Without a Minder Dept.

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Sounds like something out of the National Enquirer, or some even less-reputable tab.

Woman Says She Discovered Her Long-Term ‘Boyfriend’ Was Her Female Best Friend With a Strap-On

But it's apparently true:

British woman says she wore a blindfold around her boyfriend throughout their two-year relationship, so she didn’t know he was really her female best friend pretending to be a half-Filipino man with a tumor until they had sex.

Nico Hines/The Daily Beast wrote: They say love is blind.

A trusting British woman who was planning to marry her boyfriend says she agreed to wear a blindfold throughout their two-year relationship because her partner said he was too ashamed of the injuries he had suffered during a car accident.

When the woman lifted her blindfold during a sexual encounter in a hotel, she says she was stunned to discover that her boyfriend was a woman—and a woman that she knew well.

“I just pulled it off. Gayle was just standing there,” the woman told police. “I just couldn’t believe it. I couldn’t believe it.”

The complainant, who cannot be named for legal reasons, claims she was sexually assaulted by her friend who had tricked her into believing she was a man and had sex with her using a strap-on.

Gayle Newland, 25, was found guilty of three counts of sexual assault in Chester Crown Court on September 15.

It is alleged that she approached her friend on Facebook using a fake account under the name of Kye Fortune, a young man who was half-Filipino/half-Latino.

After talking online, the court heard that Fortune confided in his new friend that he had been involved in a car accident. In the aftermath of that crash, he said doctors had discovered a brain tumor.
For months they talked online and over the phone, but Fortune insisted that he was too sick to meet up in person. The alleged victim told police that the man did have a strangely high-pitched voice but they eventually became close.

“He was saying how much I had helped him get through his illness,” she said. “[He said] it was a sign, we should get married, we should have kids, we were going to do all sorts of things.”

She said the man had mailed her an eternity ring and she believed they were engaged to be married.

Eventually, the complainant said Fortune agreed to meet in person on the condition that she wear a blindfold because he was still recovering from the various afflictions and he was “anxious about the way he looked.”

When she walked into a hotel room in the historic city of Chester near Liverpool, she says “Fortune” was in the bathroom. In the bedroom, she says, petals and Hello Kitty bears decorated the bed and a face-mask and scarf had been laid out.

The complainant says she placed them over her eyes and her lover emerged from the bathroom. After they had sex, he allegedly claimed that he needed to return to a hospital for further treatment.

The date was repeated several times.

On the last of their meet-ups, the complainant says she sensed something was wrong. “When I was having sex I grabbed for the back of his head and my hand got caught on something. It did not feel right,” she said. “I was sat on the bed, he was standing up. Something in my mind said, ‘Pull it off! Pull it off!’”

“Gayle was just standing there,” she says. “Straight away she held her hand down over her face and said, ‘It’s not what you think.’”

The complainant claims her friend tried to explain away her extraordinary deception by comparing it to the movie 17 Again, in which Matthew Perry (Chandler from Friends) is transported into the body of Zac Efron.
"It's not what you think," indeed.

I was sat on the bed, he was standing up. Something in my mind said, ‘Pull it off! Pull it off!’”
Depending on exactly what she was thinking of pulling off, if it were a real guy, that could result in quite a bit of yelling...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Alkarii

Re: Too Credulous to be Out Without a Minder Dept.

Post by Alkarii »

Really? Why the hell did this person not have any concerns about having a sexual encounter with someone without ever seeing them first?

This is EXACTLY why you look before you sleep... with someone. Because, you know, it just may be someone else entirely.

EDIT: but still, the woman who misled her is a really shitty person. Playing with someone's emotions like that is cruel, and I really think that woman should be convicted.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Alkarii wrote:EDIT: but still, the woman who misled her is a really shitty person. Playing with someone's emotions like that is cruel, and I really think that woman should be convicted.
um... i think you missed the articles fifth line, where it says that she was found guilty of three counts of sexual assault...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I misread it as saying she was only charged, and thought she hadn't been convicted yet. I was under a lot of stress yesterday (work related b.s. again).
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

The 'victim' CONSENTED to sex with a blindfold... that does not constitute 'sexual assault'... FRAUD, yes... but not 'sexual assault'

... and being a lying asshole is NOT illegal- otherwise most of DC would be locked up...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Sgt. Howard wrote:The 'victim' CONSENTED to sex with a blindfold... that does not constitute 'sexual assault'... FRAUD, yes... but not 'sexual assault'

... and being a lying asshole is NOT illegal- otherwise most of DC would be locked up...
This. So much this. :roll:
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Sgt. Howard wrote:The 'victim' CONSENTED to sex with a blindfold... that does not constitute 'sexual assault'... FRAUD, yes... but not 'sexual assault'

but the extenuating circumstances are such that the victim gave permission to her MALE boyfriend... NOT the female... and I'll bet that if the female had just asked her out the ordinary way, she probably would have been shot down in flames (figuratively, of course) because the victim was apparently a strongly heterosexual individual and she would NOT have gone on a similar romantic date with a female... therefore she did NOT consent to have sex with the FEMALE... therefore it was "UNWANTED" sexual contact... therefore it WAS Sexual Assault, and she was convicted accordingly. also, there was the nature of the thing, too: the premeditated, PLANNED disguised encounters (at least 3 counts worth)... nope that goes beyond "lying asshole-ness" and into creepy-stalkerery territory that should be stomped on as soon as it's found out...

and, as a final note, remember: we were NOT at the trial where this was decided on by whomever it was decided by (judge/jury/whoever)... they had ALL the evidence there was to get, and WE'RE only hearing about it via a news story, which, as you know are almost always not given the full set facts of the matter either... so we're doubly missing out on background info...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Not only that - the story was originally posted while the trial was ongoing and had only been updated sufficiently to include the bare fact of the conviction.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Do we have a foto of those 'bare facts'?... and does the 'boyfriend' intent to do an endorsement for SNAP-ON TOOLS after she serves her time?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.