Purpose Comment Section

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Warrl

Re: Purpose Comment Section

Post by Warrl »

GlytchMeister wrote:
Dave wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:How can work make you not like spicy stuff, Joe?
I suspect the occasional use of capsicum resin spray as a subject-control device in correctional institutions might account for this?
Oh. That makes sense. Although Dinky and Julie and others might just use that stuff as a light garnish.
linked due to large image

(Note: while that site is often NSFW, the main part of that page is okay - but some of the periphery is randomly selected and therefore variable.)
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

FreeFlier wrote:So . . . the earth shaker, hmmm? Will he stop by to see his niece?

--FreeFlier
Yeah, but it'll just be a quick social visit.

And that's all yer gonna get out of meee!
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

DinkyInky wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote: New American cars have an alarming tendency to fall apart after 100 mph.
*high five*
Currently sitting in Cab #3, waiting for the phone to ring. It's a '99 CVPI, 202K on the chassis, 96K more than that on the drivetrain... have to use cruise to keep from hitting triple-digit velocities on the freeway and it still gives me a consistent 18mpg.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

AmriloJim wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote: New American cars have an alarming tendency to fall apart after 100 mph.
*high five*
Currently sitting in Cab #3, waiting for the phone to ring. It's a '99 CVPI, 202K on the chassis, 96K more than that on the drivetrain... have to use cruise to keep from hitting triple-digit velocities on the freeway and it still gives me a consistent 18mpg.
Well, yeah, that's because it's a crown Vic. Those things are built to shrug off pit maneuvers and highway collisions with panicked and drug-addled drivers. Of course it won't disintegrate at speed.

Try driving a '67 'Stang around for a day, then switching to a '00 or later model. You might throw up a little in your mouth after making the switch. It's all cheap China plastic, cobbled together more with glue, spit, and prayers than with welds, nuts, and bolts. Modern mustang drivers who fancy themselves racers have to add little doohickeys to their hoods to keep them from flying open at high speed. I don't know about you, but in the local street racing gang in my town, the people with the older cars never had that embarrassing little problem.

Also, invariably, the people with the classic muscle cars were regarded with infinitely more respect than the uppity little snots who got a brand new mustang for their birthday from their parents.
*derisive sneer*

Of course, there is something to be said about air conditioning. That is a definite win for modern cars.
I'm too much!
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

GlytchMeister wrote:Also, invariably, the people with the classic muscle cars were regarded with infinitely more respect than the uppity little snots who got a brand new mustang for their birthday from their parents.
*derisive sneer*
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

AmriloJim wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:Also, invariably, the people with the classic muscle cars were regarded with infinitely more respect than the uppity little snots who got a brand new mustang for their birthday from their parents.
*derisive sneer*
*wolfish grin*

I remember one gal who had bad luck with boyfriends. Two cheated on her in a row. The first one had a brand new mustang convertible. The second one had a classic muscle car, I can't remember what.

Another relevant bit of information about the gal: she watched Top Gear.

The first boyfriend immediately found his sniny brand new car extensively keyed, tires slashed, and windows broken... On a day when a major ice storm rolled through, soaking the interior and coating all of those magnificently expensive electronics in ice.

The second boyfriend had the air let out of one of his tires... But not enough to make the wheel rest on its rim. She left enough air in the tire to keep the car safe.

I asked her about it later, and she said the difference was like cleaning artistic graffiti off of a building versus tearing up the Mona Lisa.
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:
AmriloJim wrote:
*derisive sneer*
*wolfish grin*

I remember one gal who had bad luck with boyfriends. Two cheated on her in a row. The first one had a brand new mustang convertible. The second one had a classic muscle car, I can't remember what.

Another relevant bit of information about the gal: she watched Top Gear.

The first boyfriend immediately found his shiny brand new car extensively keyed, tires slashed, and windows broken... On a day when a major ice storm rolled through, soaking the interior and coating all of those magnificently expensive electronics in ice.

The second boyfriend had the air let out of one of his tires... But not enough to make the wheel rest on its rim. She left enough air in the tire to keep the car safe.

I asked her about it later, and she said the difference was like cleaning artistic graffiti off of a building versus tearing up the Mona Lisa.
Yeah, pretty much.

Modern 'Stangs have Truck engines in a plastic body. The light frames cannot handle it.

My favourite cars I have owned(my '96 Camry and my current baby my '94 Cutlass Ciera S not included, as they are awesome anomalies) have all been seventies/eighties cars...except that LeSabre...it was DoA.

I test drove a classic Charger, and a new one. While both had oodles of HP, I could easily peg the classic before I felt I felt her whine...I could easily have reproduced a few DoH hijinx with her too.
I hit about 55, and I felt her shudder(this was a brand-new one, with me the first to drive).

Honestly, the only new car to make me feel that excited was driving my brother's BMW M class. God that was a sexy car. But...65k.

I remember my son...he was about four or five...saw a '65 Mustang convertible. Candy apple red, snow white leather. Whitewalls. Guy noticed us look, and pulled out...a remote. Once the car played crap bass and jumped up on hydraulics, my son ran up to him and kicked his shins.

"You ruined it!", and he ran back to me crying. Guy came up and asked me about it, and I asked him if he would put Jnco's and Nike's on Michelangelo's David, or a pimp hat on Rodin's Thinker.

He asked me what I would do. I told him to tear all that crap out and save it for an eighties 'stang. Chrome out the engine, bring it back to stock...put in a pair of fuzzy dice.
He did. Took him the entire Summer. He even put the original Shelby back in there. Took his first ever blue ribbon a month later.

So yeah, classics muscle.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

That son of yours is an absolute treasure.
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:That son of yours is an absolute treasure.
I treasure him more with every breath I take. He never fails to amaze and delight me.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

DinkyInky wrote:
I treasure him more with every breath I take. He never fails to amaze and delight me.
And that, folks, is the way it oughta be.
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:
And that, folks, is the way it oughta be.
He is currently warming up, having had to stand with me out in the cold for twenty-five minutes before we learned there was no school so the teachers could cobble the new semesters game plans together.

--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

FreeFlier wrote: Terrain is how I beat the lowered tricked-out Camaro by about 45 minutes and (separately) got the guy with the big-block 'Vette to admit I was going to win . . . in a '75 AMC Hornet wagon with a 232 straight-six and three-on-the-tree!

So . . . the earth shaker, hmmm? Will he stop by to see his niece?

--FreeFlier
Terrain plus Straight six engine are crack combos. I miss my old '79 Grenade...and while most call it that for less amusing reasons, I called it that because I used to regularly blow up the 'competition' by not quite racing a coworker to her house every weekend...and she drove an El Camino. The other coworkers drove various hotrods...'stang 5.0 v8, Camaro z80, etc.
The only one I never beat was when one of the oldtimers brought out a car that looked a lot like this. He used the same terrain I did, and well...that sexy beast of an engine rips apart a tiny L6.

Speaking of World shaking, I am ready to kick some arse and chew gum...whoops, I just ran out of gum...

Late Christmas gift. I'm breaking them in.

--Safyr Drathmir
Dave

Post by Dave »

DinkyInky wrote:I remember my son...he was about four or five...saw a '65 Mustang convertible. Candy apple red, snow white leather. Whitewalls. Guy noticed us look, and pulled out...a remote. Once the car played crap bass and jumped up on hydraulics, my son ran up to him and kicked his shins.

"You ruined it!", and he ran back to me crying. Guy came up and asked me about it, and I asked him if he would put Jnco's and Nike's on Michelangelo's David, or a pimp hat on Rodin's Thinker.
I know it's been said around here before, DinkyInky... but I'll say it again. You're raising an awesome little guy! Applause!
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

GlytchMeister wrote:
AmriloJim wrote: Currently sitting in Cab #3, waiting for the phone to ring. It's a '99 CVPI, 202K on the chassis, 96K more than that on the drivetrain... have to use cruise to keep from hitting triple-digit velocities on the freeway and it still gives me a consistent 18mpg.
Well, yeah, that's because it's a crown Vic. Those things are built to shrug off pit maneuvers and highway collisions with panicked and drug-addled drivers. Of course it won't disintegrate at speed.
Other than that one problem with the gas tank being insufficiently supported and, when hit in a rear-end collision (because the tank was under the trunk), would spray flaming fuel into the passenger cabin. More than one officer lost their lives over that one since the Crown Vic was a very popular choice for LEO's.

Granted, back then the car companies were actually reputable and had a reinforcement kit they would install no charge, but still.. I'm less enamored of Crown Vics after that.
Dave

Post by Dave »

DinkyInky wrote:... and I asked him if he would put Jnco's and Nike's on Michelangelo's David, or a pimp hat on Rodin's Thinker.
No, of course not.

Never. Under any circumstances.

Unless, of course, somebody suggested doing so.
tasteless.jpg
tasteless.jpg (22.24 KiB) Viewed 8528 times
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:... and I asked him if he would put Jnco's and Nike's on Michelangelo's David, or a pimp hat on Rodin's Thinker.
No, of course not.

Never. Under any circumstances.

Unless, of course, somebody suggested doing so.
tasteless.jpg
GAHHHHH!!!!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Good grief.

Dave, do desist your despicable defilement of David.

*drops a dime into the alliteration amphora*
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:Good grief.

That was so beautiful, I am going to put two bits into the vault for the second one.

Gotta admit, it is mildly amusing to see Sarge mostly speechless.

--Safyr Drathmir
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hey, give me at least a bit of credit, OK? I did desist before adding the Jack Sparrow eye shadow. :twisted:
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Dave wrote:

Hey, give me at least a bit of credit, OK? I did desist before adding the Jack Sparrow eye shadow. :twisted:
Good. Putting clothes on David is one thing. Nice and easy to remove with a pair of scissors.

Actually slathering crud onto the statue itself is far more serious. And may the universe have mercy on whoever would use something permanent, like wood stain or paint... Unless they used a hammer and chisel, at which point I would implore the universe to let me have a whack at them with my trusty pipe.
I'm too much!