Purpose Comment Section

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

GlytchMeister

Re: Purpose Comment Section

Post by GlytchMeister »

New post!

Our trio of John's teachers catch their first glimpse of Hades' ... Eh...

"Castle"... :twisted:
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

So tell me, Glytch... can you actually get to sleep at night, with those sorts of images running around in your head waiting to be written down?

This is very potent stuff, man... and very enjoyable reading. (Yeah, I'm weird!)
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Why do you think I'm up this late? My imagination keeps me up at night more than any real world problems. Both due to the appalling nature of some of the ideas and visions, but also because of the amazing, wondrous, intriguing concepts. I have ideas of Dyson swarms and space elevators with massive power cables to power our planet with a constant supply of clean energy.
Bu I also have ideas of weapons of such horrific nature the very imagining of them makes me break a fearful sweat. Things like... Y'know those firefighter planes they use to dump water on wildfires? Coat the tanks with Teflon and fill them with flouroantimonic acid.

Yeah.
I'm too much!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

"That's your DADDY????"
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Yup, I missed that reference. I heard it whistle overhead.
I'm too much!
Julie

Post by Julie »

*swats at the people talking to/distracting Glytch before going back to furiously munching on popcorn* Next post please?? :D
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Julie wrote:*swats at the people talking to/distracting Glytch before going back to furiously munching on popcorn* Next post please?? :D
Heh... Nom nom nom nom
I'm too much!
Julie

Post by Julie »

GlytchMeister wrote:
Julie wrote:*swats at the people talking to/distracting Glytch before going back to furiously munching on popcorn* Next post please?? :D
Heh... Nom nom nom nom
Yes, but I actually chew with my mouth closed. :P
"Just open your eyes
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I hope nobody got too grossed out by Castle Kronos. I know that was pretty... Gross. Ghastly? Gory? I'm looking for a word and I can't find it. It's that stupid "tip o the tongue" thing.
Anyway.
Sorry if that was too much.

As for Hades basically living inside his Dad: I imagined he would get a sort of sense of familiarity from a situation like this. I mean, the guy did spend his younger years in Kronos's stomach.
He also gets a sense of supreme satisfaction out of hurting his old man in so many imaginative ways.

Hades: King of the Underworld, God of the Dead, filthy rich, and... really freaky.
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

GlytchMeister wrote:Hades: King of the Underworld, God of the Dead, filthy rich, and... really freaky.
There are those who say that he's from Indiana, and that's why his domain is the way it is.

He just couldn't resist the urge to say "Hoosier daddy!"
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:Hades: King of the Underworld, God of the Dead, filthy rich, and... really freaky.
There are those who say that he's from Indiana, and that's why his domain is the way it is.

He just couldn't resist the urge to say "Hoosier daddy!"
Dude, he's from Berkley- need I say more?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I apologize for the delay, everyone (or at least, those of you who are reading). I intend to get at least one post out today or tomorrow, so keep an eye out.
I'm too much!
Julie

Post by Julie »

What's the difference between the "afterliving" and the dead souls in the Underworld?
"Just open your eyes
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

*wry smile*

Death is a reflection of life.
Tartarus/Xibalba/Hell is the reflection of a life that caused pain and suffering.
Necropolis/Fields of Asphodel/Limbo is the reflection of a life that just... Happened. They just went through the motions. They had no purpose.
Paradise/Elysium/Heaven is the reflection of a life that caused pleasure, improvement, and joy.

Those who feared death had reason to. And so they are condemned to eternal death. They are condemned to a reflection of their life.
Those who had no reason to fear death because they knew they had done the world some good, are rewarded with an eternal reflection of their life. They don't see death as an end or as damnation, for to them, it is the reward for the actions in their life. They see it as a second, eternal life. Afterlife as opposed to eternal death.

Good question!
I'm too much!
Julie

Post by Julie »

A very interesting interpretation and play on the word "afterlife." :) I like your view on this.
"Just open your eyes
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Well, in light of recent events in the Wapsiverse, I need to edit my explination of how John's power works.
I sincerely hope he doesn't incorporate an explication for dark energy being something, because that's basically all I have left off the top of my head.
If he does decide to use dark energy in canon... Well, I've got some tricks up my sleeve.
Now I'm debating whether I should go for the small but risky edit or the big and safe one...
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

My gut hunch is that you've gone far enough, in a consistent direction, that the story will be best-off if you stick to your original idea as much as possible. Even if it results in the dark-matter aspect of your story being clearly non-canon, it could hold together better than with a big obvious patch of retcon plasterwork.

Considering that it's perfectly possible to set a 33RPM record on fire in a satisfying way (its "dark matter" vinyl burns wonderfully) there's no reason why a "cosmic dark matter" Ashkashic record might not have fire involved, no? Some memories burn very brightly indeed.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Hrm.

A big part of me want to keep my work in unexplored regions of the Wapsiverse.
But the way things are going, especially since Devyn is becoming a major character, the Big Three (yes I read Percy Jackson) are more and more likely to be shown.

The other part wants to make sure the story I'm writing is good.

I guess I'm not goin to stay in the fringes of his universe for long anyway , it's already getting too big for that.

And, I would be honored if Paul used my image of Hades-the-guy, but legal and copyright crap might make him nervous about that.
... Ok, so Paul won't have to worry:
I, GlytchMeister of Illinois, author of the fan-made fiction Purpose, hereby authorize Paul "Pablo" Taylor of Iowa, author of Wapsi Square, to the fullest extent if the law, to use any and all character and location designs, descriptions, and concepts, with the sole exclusion of the character "John Smith."
I also hereby waive any legal, financial, or other types of damages owed due to any potential infringements by Paul Taylor onto my uncopyrighted story, as my story is based on his.
Finally, I also agree to move my fanfic to a separate, but publicly available location on the internet should such a relocation benefit Mr. Taylor.
As the other forum members as my witnesses, I make this authorization with the intent of making things easier for Mr. Taylor. As a result, I would like to request this authorization's language to be interpreted mainly by intent rather than by strict grammar and legal documentation guidelines.

Signed, GlytchMeister
I'm too much!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

GlytchMeister wrote:Hrm.

A big part of me want to keep my work in unexplored regions of the Wapsiverse.
But the way things are going, especially since Devyn is becoming a major character, the Big Three (yes I read Percy Jackson) are more and more likely to be shown.

The other part wants to make sure the story I'm writing is good.

I guess I'm not goin to stay in the fringes of his universe for long anyway , it's already getting too big for that.

And, I would be honored if Paul used my image of Hades-the-guy, but legal and copyright crap might make him nervous about that.
... Ok, so Paul won't have to worry:
I, GlytchMeister of Illinois, author of the fan-made fiction Purpose, hereby authorize Paul "Pablo" Taylor of Iowa, author of Wapsi Square, to the fullest extent if the law, to use any and all character and location designs, descriptions, and concepts, with the sole exclusion of the character "John Smith."
I also hereby waive any legal, financial, or other types of damages owed due to any potential infringements by Paul Taylor onto my uncopyrighted story, as my story is based on his.
Finally, I also agree to move my fanfic to a separate, but publicly available location on the internet should such a relocation benefit Mr. Taylor.
As the other forum members as my witnesses, I make this authorization with the intent of making things easier for Mr. Taylor. As a result, I would like to request this authorization's language to be interpreted mainly by intent rather than by strict grammar and legal documentation guidelines.

Signed, GlytchMeister
I dare say that a similar deal might easily be in the works regarding my efforts- I never felt comfortable with the idea of possibly hijacking Paul's storyline- Paul, I do this for fun, not profit. This allows me to hang onto what precious little sanity I have left. If my storytelling is deemed a threat in anyway, please let me know... if you can make use of it, please let me know. It seems I have a tendency to get your characters pregnant (pretty impressive, considering a 1980 vasectomy vs. pen and ink females) but I like to make that sort of thing work... I like kids, I like family and I like emotional growth in myself and others- just another reason why I read your comic.

Use of 'Neil', 'Nicodemus' or 'Erza ' will be with my permission (I ask for credit by name, no money)- the rest you are at liberty to use as you see fit-

Gregory Francis (the Old Sgt.) Howard
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Julie

Post by Julie »

I'm inclined to agree with Dave...at least for the time being. Your story is awesome as is, and a re-write might make for sloppy piecing things together (though you seem a little too detail-oriented for that to be a huge problem). Besides, if you spend time re-working John's powers, then I'll have to wait that much longer for the next installment. *pout*

:P
"Just open your eyes