Darwin Award? But he prolly didn't believe in eevolution

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Fairportfan

Darwin Award? But he prolly didn't believe in eevolution

Post by Fairportfan »

Snake Kills Snake-Handler Preacher
The Daily Beast wrote: This is why reptiles don't work well with religious services. Jamie Coots, a third-generation snake handler who pastored a small church in Kentucky, died yesterday after he was biten by a snake and subsequently refusted treatment. Coots had gained fame through his National Geographic show Snake Salvation. Coots had been bitten by snakes before during his spiritual ministering: after he survived a 1998 bite without treatment, he said "It's a victory to God's people that the Lord seen fit to bring me through it.” His right arm swelled to his shoulder and his middle finer died and fell off after that bite. Snake-handlers believe they are following a religious command, based on Mark: 16 17-18 “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents."
<original story at the Lexington Herald-Leader>

Someone asked in the comments what happened to the snake.  I answered "Died from food poisoning.  Vipers are allergic to stupid".
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Re: Darwin Award? But he prolly didn't believe in eevolution

Post by Dave »

Well, he certainly had the courage of his convictions. It's a shame, though... his own belief system seems to have declared that he was not, in fact, truly anointed by The Big Guy. That must be a bitter pill for his last moments, and for the memories of his survivors.

Speaking of which... from what I've read in the press, he was planning to turn his ministry over to his son... so this doesn't really qualify as a Darwin Award.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Dave wrote:Speaking of which... from what I've read in the press, he was planning to turn his ministry over to his son... so this doesn't really qualify as a Darwin Award.
...unfortunately... :roll:
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)