What the well-dressed twelfth Doctor will wear this year

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Fairportfan

What the well-dressed twelfth Doctor will wear this year

Post by Fairportfan »

Somehow the outfit and the pose say "Dr Strange" to me more than "The Doctor".
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Re: What the well-dressed twelfth Doctor will wear this year

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:Somehow the outfit and the pose say "Dr Strange" to me more than "The Doctor".
I suppose that will depend on whether the red linings of his coat were dyed with real Dalek blood, or not.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Wouldn't it be more of a sickly green, then?
;)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Dave

Post by Dave »

Only to human eyes. Timelords would see it in its proper shades of crimson, scarlet, and ch!tang.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

You forgot octarine.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

=====================
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:You forgot octarine.
Oh, but that's so last-season! The Lhari fashion designers have declared that catalyst color is the new octarine. Since they're completely color-blind, their judgement is quite unprejudiced and is thus unquestionable.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Does he look a bit like Anthony Bourdain to anybody else? :geek:
Last edited by NOTDilbert on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

NOTDilbert wrote:Dies he look a bit like Anthony Bourdain to anybody else? :geek:
Stephen Strange? Not so much to me...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Jabberwonky wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Dies he look a bit like Anthony Bourdain to anybody else? :geek:
Stephen Strange? Not so much to me...
Er....no....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

It was nice until you get to his trouser bottoms. It's like they forgot to hire a tailor this time. Even if he was going for the "practical Marital Artists" look, The bottoms are still tapered in too much, and it gives it an overall baggy, sloppy look.

Even Tennant's Doctor(who seemed to have the longest cuffs of all of them, and perhaps the baggiest), was tailored and polished.

If they wanted a skinny trouser, they should have designed it all the way down as such. My Mother is a professional Tailor, and has worked on five figure suits and ball gowns, and I've learned many things over the years from her, and I know she'd nit-pick and complain about the shoddy tailoring, or the bad photography/PS job if that is indeed proper looking in the series.

Just my 2cp.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Julie

Post by Julie »

I like it! :) And that's coming from someone who hasn't gotten so far into Doctor Who that I can speak like a true Whovian but is far enough in that I've already claims the Tenth as my Doctor...the crush I have on David Tennant is pretty ridiculous. :oops: :)
NOTDilbert wrote:Does he look a bit like Anthony Bourdain to anybody else? :geek:
Huh...now that you mention it...if Anthony ever went for a more dressy look than I'm used to seeing him wear I think it would be this one. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Julie wrote:I like it! :) And that's coming from someone who hasn't gotten so far into Doctor Who that I can speak like a true Whovian but is far enough in that I've already claims the Tenth as my Doctor...the crush I have on David Tennant is pretty ridiculous. :oops: :)
NOTDilbert wrote:Does he look a bit like Anthony Bourdain to anybody else? :geek:
Huh...now that you mention it...if Anthony ever went for a more dressy look than I'm used to seeing him wear I think it would be this one. :)
If you're crushing on him as the Doctor, you'll fall madly in lust over him as Hamlet(this coming from someone who HATES that play), he was....um...very good?
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

DinkyInky wrote:It was nice until you get to his trouser bottoms. It's like they forgot to hire a tailor this time. Even if he was going for the "practical Marital Artists" look, The bottoms are still tapered in too much, and it gives it an overall baggy, sloppy look.
Baggy?

As someone who watched Doctor Who^ from the 4th through to the 8th (and looking at the outfits of 1st through to 3rd), for the Doctor that not baggy :)

^ including, apparently, from behind a couch during a early Dalek episode :lol:
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Julie

Post by Julie »

DinkyInky wrote:
Julie wrote:I like it! :) And that's coming from someone who hasn't gotten so far into Doctor Who that I can speak like a true Whovian but is far enough in that I've already claims the Tenth as my Doctor...the crush I have on David Tennant is pretty ridiculous. :oops: :)
If you're crushing on him as the Doctor, you'll fall madly in lust over him as Hamlet(this coming from someone who HATES that play), he was....um...very good?
I've actually seen a clip from his Hamlet (the famous soliloquy), so I know that it's probably pretty awesome. :) Thankfully I do not have a predisposition to dislike Hamlet productions...unfortunately, I have a husband who is less inclined to spend time watching classical theater productions (even if they star his favorite Doctor). :P I'll have to see if I can snag a copy on a staycation when he's finally working (job starts in late March...finally!).
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Grantwhy wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:It was nice until you get to his trouser bottoms. It's like they forgot to hire a tailor this time. Even if he was going for the "practical Marital Artists" look, The bottoms are still tapered in too much, and it gives it an overall baggy, sloppy look.
Baggy?

As someone who watched Doctor Who^ from the 4th through to the 8th (and looking at the outfits of 1st through to 3rd), for the Doctor that not baggy :)

^ including, apparently, from behind a couch during a early Dalek episode :lol:
i think what she's talking about, is his pants from the knees down... they are all bunched up and too long for him, and anybody that is that fashion-conscious enough to have the clothes that he does have on, AND look good doing it, would definitely be aware that his pants are ill-fitting... so WHY are they not correct?, especially with a British icon like The Doctor?! in my opinion; i think the BBC flubbed this photo set...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Dave

Post by Dave »

scantrontb wrote: i think what she's talking about, is his pants from the knees down... they are all bunched up and too long for him, and anybody that is that fashion-conscious enough to have the clothes that he does have on, AND look good doing it, would definitely be aware that his pants are ill-fitting... so WHY are they not correct?, especially with a British icon like The Doctor?! in my opinion; i think the BBC flubbed this photo set...
The Doctor is always eccentric, in one way or another... quite often in his choice of clothing. It would not be at all surprising to me if one if the 13th Doctor's quirks were an extreme fashion-consciousness with a major blind spot or a deliberate inconsistency.

After all, he had to give up the chin... needs to gain something in return! ;)
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Would not surprise me in the slightest to learn this is a PSD(PhotoShopDisaster). I simply refuse to believe the BBC would let the Doctor look so sloppy.

I'm actually hoping to see un'chopped pictures in the near future.

--Safyr Drathmir
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

DinkyInky wrote:Would not surprise me in the slightest to learn this is a PSD(PhotoShopDisaster). I simply refuse to believe the BBC would let the Doctor look so sloppy.
Really? Consider Six and Seven.

And Five's celery...
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Fairportfan wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:Would not surprise me in the slightest to learn this is a PSD(PhotoShopDisaster). I simply refuse to believe the BBC would let the Doctor look so sloppy.
Really? Consider Six and Seven.

And Five's celery...
and if we are talking 'baggy', I think Four wins first place?
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones