Bud needs a boy friend

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Fairportfan

Bud needs a boy friend

Post by Fairportfan »

...and i don't mean that in a "This girl really needs to get laid!" manner ... though she probably wouldn't mind that, either.

No, i think she needs some (relatively) normal human social interaction to help her in her journey to becoming a real boy^H^H^H girl.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Re: Bud needs a boy friend

Post by Jabberwonky »

I have often wondered, in my head at least, why a couple of sweeties like Bud and Brandi don't have a steady. If I knew either of them in real life it'd be hard not to fall for them...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Jabberwonky wrote:I have often wondered, in my head at least, why a couple of sweeties like Bud and Brandi don't have a steady. If I knew either of them in real life it'd be hard not to fall for them...
the way i see it, up until recently, when Monica gave all three of them "The Talk"... Bud was too caught up in her ... ?obsession? with "I'm a horrible monster, I don't DESERVE a boyfriend" mode of thinking, so she probably never even tried to get one in the first place. and Brandi... I'll bet that the Nu Gui sabotaged any attempts that she made, in order to keep her under control.

now that the Nu Gui is gone, and Bud has seemingly gotten over her dark side, I'm sure that they'll be out soon enough. remember they are the equivalent of 20-something-ish mentally/emotionally...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

If "in vino veritas", Bud may even be looking for a girlfriend. But while sober, she has made superheroic efforts to find a boy for her. A boy that could handle the emotions of an indestructible leviathan forged in rape, and whose previous and potential for mass murder make Hitler's look like a fun internet meme.

Bud and Brandi have had so very many issues to work out. Too many to let romance in.

We've long known there was a sinister subtext to quite a bit of Brandi's dialogue. Rereading the archives with a greater knowledge of her inner conflict shows how nightmarish such a relationship with a "boyfriend" would be. He would have been a toy, and met only a cruel end. Sweetie would have wanted him to stay away for his own good, and the Chessmaster would have had little use for him for long.

Bud was always in a long game against the Chessmaster, but dared at last to try her hand at love. But she had the horse sense to pick a being that could handle an "apex human". She must have known who Justin was, and his long story of bad luck with the ladies. She probably went to a great deal-- a very very great deal-- of trouble to make sure courting him was "within the rules": Bud may resent bureaucracy, but she is a golem. Justin was within parameters of being the "right answer" for her.

And the two halves of Brandi probably happily worked together to put Justin in the path of Shelly. Phix was right, they're two Titans, they're made for each other. But poor Bud... she was only trying to woo Justin fair and square.

And who else is there, for a girl "none might approach; a thing of immortal make, not human... a goat in the middle, and snorting out the breath of the terrible flame of bright fire". All the pretty boys are soap bubbles, and all the real men have their eyes elsewhere.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Yamara wrote:If "in vino veritas", Bud may even be looking for a girlfriend.
Also this.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!