I REALLY hate this

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

MerchManDan

Re: I REALLY hate this

Post by MerchManDan »

"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

I've had Migraines since I was six. Was told by neurologists that it was impossible until I was 16(because children do not get migraines).

When I was 24, I had a migraine that paralised my right side and slurred my speech. Scared my then 16 year old brother so he took a chance, dragged me into the car(he had just gotten his permit the day before, which is how I remember when), and drove me to the hospital.
Our doctor saw him wheeling me over to the ER, and said instead to wheel me into his office(cheaper than the ER's he said). My brother said I was having a stroke, and he said he'd help me.
He gave me Imitrex and stuck me in a dark room for five minutes. Turns out it was not a stroke, but a migraine. I now have Imitrex for the big ones, and Midrin for maintenance medicine. Scary thing though.

You think, slurred speech and inability to move is a stroke. That's what I thought, that's what my family thought. Thank Goodness it was not.

Hope you feel better. Migraines are no fun. It's 34 years and counting of living with them, so I sympathise.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

My brother had migraines when he was fourteen and younger.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

DinkyInky wrote:I've had Migraines since I was six. Was told by neurologists that it was impossible until I was 16(because children do not get migraines).

When I was 24, I had a migraine that paralised my right side and slurred my speech. Scared my then 16 year old brother so he took a chance, dragged me into the car(he had just gotten his permit the day before, which is how I remember when), and drove me to the hospital.
Our doctor saw him wheeling me over to the ER, and said instead to wheel me into his office(cheaper than the ER's he said). My brother said I was having a stroke, and he said he'd help me.
He gave me Imitrex and stuck me in a dark room for five minutes. Turns out it was not a stroke, but a migraine. I now have Imitrex for the big ones, and Midrin for maintenance medicine. Scary thing though.

You think, slurred speech and inability to move is a stroke. That's what I thought, that's what my family thought. Thank Goodness it was not.

Hope you feel better. Migraines are no fun. It's 34 years and counting of living with them, so I sympathise.
One thing I have learned over the past 44 years. "Doctors do not know everything". I had migraines since I was 12 (at least that is as far back as I remember them)
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I tried farming once. I grew wheat and oats. It was very tough work. I stopped once I got my grains.

*drops a John Deer hat in the pun jar*
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

shadowinthelight wrote:I tried farming once. I grew wheat and oats. It was very tough work. I stopped once I got my grains.

I understand you tried to be a fisherman after that, but gave it up after you got a haddock.

(drops a hook, line, and sinker into the Pun Jar)
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

shadowinthelight wrote:I tried farming once. I grew wheat and oats. It was very tough work. I stopped once I got my grains.

Did you mean to say you were bailing hay and pulled a grain?

Tosses coupon for truss into Pun Jar.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

I've given up competing. But I do remember when we had to access the internet in Morse Code. . . .
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

I went and jinxed myself. I now have the Biggest Migraine I have had in years(the monumental amount of stress I am under the last few days has brought it on).
I actually do not want to answer the phone because someone will end up calling an ambulance(and I don't want to/cannot afford to pay for it).

Restating that I'd not wish this on my worst enemy(and sighing at the time, because I get to start the day, and get my wee one ready for school.

Stay healthy all.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir