Daft Punk 'helmets'

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

bmonk

Re: Daft Punk 'helmets'

Post by bmonk »

Happy Birthday.

Of course, a true evil genius expects to lose a few minions...
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

bmonk wrote:Of course, a true evil genius expects to lose a few minions...
...and so it begins.ImageImage

Crappy pic because I wasn't paying attention to lighting. I might have to take him to the store and get him some Sculpey, because this is adorable.

Words cannot say how cute he is. I put him in front of the McD toy so you could see how tiny he is. He used a beading tack and a chopstick as detailing tools, and made black out of the primaries.

As to my Birthday, We spent it just having an all over fun day. No party, no fuss, just me and my son having a blast doing fun things together, like framing some of the art prints that have piled up over the years.
I have an X-men side and a Doctor Who side, and we framed a watercolour he painted of Captain Jack Sparrow from a poster book(I discovered he, very much like I, prefer tubed watercolours).
I now have a framed Captain Hook print in my room that somehow manages to work with a Knotty wood frame that my Grandfather made for a point dot picture someone made me of Jareth from Labyrinth. I still need a few more frames to get rid of the rest of the prints lying around collecting dust, but that can wait for another fun family day.

My now two year old niece called and told me happy birthday, which was priceless. My Mother gave me a Custom made Cat's-eye Scapolite necklace that's lovely (She could not wait, so I've had it a while, but took it out of the box again that day as if it was freshly received.).

His Godfather came over later in the evening and gave me a cake he made (Chocolate with Mocha icing and shimmer sprinkles--He's going to culinary school for Pastry Chef), and helped my son load the dishwasher and run it, then wipe the tables off after coffee and cake. Practical presents...I love it more than expensive "things".

It really was the best present for the best day ever.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

A most excellent minion! I heartily approve! I hope we get to see more of them.
Glad your birthday was well enjoyed.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Dave

Post by Dave »

That's marvelous! Your wee one has gifted you with what could easily be the world's smallest finely-crafted fart gun! :)

Savor the moments like this, DinkyInky... they really are gold, and beyond price.

Congratulations on a very happy birthday!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Dave wrote:That's marvelous! Your wee one has gifted you with what could easily be the world's smallest finely-crafted fart gun! :)

Savor the moments like this, DinkyInky... they really are gold, and beyond price.

Congratulations on a very happy birthday!
Small but deadly? :p

I do, on a daily basis. From the day he was born, he's been a gift, and even when he's being mischievous, I cherish every second of every minute of every hour of every day.
On days I am fortunate enough to have insomnia(like today), I can brush a lock of his hair off of his forehead, and simply observe his small sleeping form.
He's the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I'll spend eternity helping him grow.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

NOTDilbert wrote:Yeah, yeah.

"When reality don't match the legend, print the legend." - misquoted from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
Someone has prolly pointed this out before now - i was just wandering through this thread for the first time - but that's from The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Fairportfan wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Yeah, yeah.

"When reality don't match the legend, print the legend." - misquoted from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
Someone has prolly pointed this out before now - i was just wandering through this thread for the first time - but that's from The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.
Ahem: "When the legend becomes fact, print the legend."
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff