Daft Punk 'helmets'

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

NOTDilbert

Re: Daft Punk 'helmets'

Post by NOTDilbert »

Sherlock Holmes as captain of the Black Pearl with Gru and the Minions as crew....

You're welcome. ;)
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

DinkyInky wrote:Sigh. My son is having a hard time deciding(not that it impacts himin the slightest) what cake he wants for his birthday(which is in December). Toss up between the Black Pearl, a Sherlock Holmes Story, or Gru's underground lair(with Minions). No pressure for Mommy. None at all.
That's easy, Sherlock Holmes has to find the Black Pearl in order to invade Gru's underground lair. Of course no one can captain the Black Perl but our favorite pirate...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Despicable Holmes poster20.png
Despicable Holmes poster20.png (242.18 KiB) Viewed 8097 times
For full sized image...
(It's largish)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jabberwonky wrote:
For full sized image...
(It's largish)
That is scathingly brilliant, Jabberwonky, and I do believe I've just detected a subtle emission of gravitational waves which tells me that DinkyInky is dashing around furiously in search of a color printer capable of doing a poster-sized print!

The only slight possible downside I see, is that her wee one may now decide that he wants to fit in with the rest of the dark-eyed characters portrayed therein, and (in his role as Holmes) begins investigating the location and proper use of eyeliner and eyeshadow.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Please tell me I haven't created a ... Goth!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Dave wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
For full sized image...
(It's largish)
That is scathingly brilliant, Jabberwonky, and I do believe I've just detected a subtle emission of gravitational waves which tells me that DinkyInky is dashing around furiously in search of a color printer capable of doing a poster-sized print!

The only slight possible downside I see, is that her wee one may now decide that he wants to fit in with the rest of the dark-eyed characters portrayed therein, and (in his role as Holmes) begins investigating the location and proper use of eyeliner and eyeshadow.
I actually own a HD printer, and have currently a ream of 11x14 matte poster photo paper. My Mad Dash is to see if there is enough in couch(or anywhere hiding) money to buy the over $200 printer inks to do a Christmas print run to send this as a card for my entire family, because it's that @#$%ing brilliant!

Jabberwonky, you are flipping brilliant! Thank you! This is awesome! The only thing missing is the Pearl, but with that many things in the background, only wily Jack will note it's lack. I'm also tempted to talk to my friend who's in culinary school if his instructor will allow me to pay for the "ink" and "paper" for the cake printer at his school, then roll out a brick of fondant for it, because that would be an amazing cake...just do some old-school droplines along the edges, a bit of buttercream barrels and death-rays, and of course, a Meerschaum...

EDIT: This is now my new wallpaper, replacing Adonis' Steampunkin'. If only I could figure out how to make Mint cycle through wallpapers, then I'd be set, as I have awesome friends that make even more awesome wallpapers of my favourtie subject...my son.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

DinkyInky wrote:EDIT: This is now my new wallpaper, replacing Adonis' Steampunkin'. If only I could figure out how to make Mint cycle through wallpapers, then I'd be set, as I have awesome friends that make even more awesome wallpapers of my favourtie subject...my son.
Wow, thanks for wild compliments. It was an inspired moment that worked out kinda well. I actually didn't see NOTDilberts better suggestion until after I'd posted my thoughts. I'm looking for just the right picture of the Black Pearl to see if I can't put Gru and the minions on the deck.

Stay tuned for updates...
Dave

Post by Dave »

DinkyInky wrote:ter photo paper. My Mad Dash is to see if there is enough in couch(or anywhere hiding) money to buy the over $200 printer inks to do a Christmas print run to send this as a card for my entire family, because it's that @#$%ing brilliant!
Sounds as if it might be a good time to invest in a "large bottle, continuous feed" adapter for your printer, if you don't have one already?

As to doing wallpaper rotations in Mint... it looks as if it's possible, if you write a suitable XML file to control the process. A script is available to help do this for you (no GUI yet, as far as I can tell). See this page for details and a link to the script.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Here's the second attempt...
Deck of the Pearl 26.png
Deck of the Pearl 26.png (247.45 KiB) Viewed 8057 times
Full Sized...
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Jabberwonky wrote:Here's the second attempt...
Deck of the Pearl 26.png
Full Sized...
*/snickergiggle*

That's really awesome, especially with the Minion with Jack's Hat.
Dave wrote:Sounds as if it might be a good time to invest in a "large bottle, continuous feed" adapter for your printer, if you don't have one already?

As to doing wallpaper rotations in Mint... it looks as if it's possible, if you write a suitable XML file to control the process. A script is available to help do this for you (no GUI yet, as far as I can tell). See this page for details and a link to the script.
Cannot do continuous feed on my printer(hence why once I can afford it, I'm going laser(the Claria Inks are killing me, even though they are waterproof). I haven't written things since Basic/Fortran days. I do have to say Mint is way friendlier than Ubuntu was. I'm only having two issues with it, and I have help(Crossover is awesome).

EDIT: Funny how Minions, Pirates and Consulting Detectives took over a thread on Daft Punk and "helmets".

I love this place!
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

DinkyInky wrote:EDIT: Funny how Minions, Pirates and Consulting Detectives took over a thread on Daft Punk and "helmets".

I love this place!
Isn't that what you send Minions out to do?
:P

Here's a little instruction that, when I get my hands on some clay, I'm going to see if I can make me some desktop Minions...
Fondant-Minions 60.jpg
Fondant-Minions 60.jpg (117.62 KiB) Viewed 8036 times
The world will soon be mine!
Mwaa-ha-ha-ha-ha-haa!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Jabberwonky wrote:I'm going to see if I can make me some desktop Minions...The world will soon be mine!
Mwaa-ha-ha-ha-ha-haa!
I was going to suggest just using the tiny plastic container from inside Kinder Surprises until I remembered: Kinder Surprises are banned in the USA. :(

"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

MerchManDan wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:I'm going to see if I can make me some desktop Minions...The world will soon be mine!
Mwaa-ha-ha-ha-ha-haa!
I was going to suggest just using the tiny plastic container from inside Kinder Surprises until I remembered: Kinder Surprises are banned in the USA. :(

I always buy Kinder Surprise when I travel through Dubai.
(I even give most of them to the 'lil ones I know. The toys inside are insanely cool.)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Jabberwonky wrote:Fondant-Minions 60.jpg
I'm going to have to try to make those one day so I can bite their heads off like I do with gummy bears.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:Fondant-Minions 60.jpg
I'm going to have to try to make those one day so I can bite their heads off like I do with gummy bears.
Must be why the lil' guy is frowning, he knows your plans.
(Or he's afraid you'll do with minions what you do to Kat and Atsali... :P )
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Jabberwonky wrote:I always buy Kinder Surprise when I travel through Dubai.
(I even give most of them to the 'lil ones I know. The toys inside are insanely cool.)
Oh, duh: I'd forgotten, you're not IN the USA. :oops: Let's blame that on the sleep deprivation, yes?
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Jabberwonky wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:EDIT: Funny how Minions, Pirates and Consulting Detectives took over a thread on Daft Punk and "helmets".

I love this place!
Isn't that what you send Minions out to do?
:P

Here's a little instruction that, when I get my hands on some clay, I'm going to see if I can make me some desktop Minions...
Fondant-Minions 60.jpg
The world will soon be mine!
Mwaa-ha-ha-ha-ha-haa!
This is a good brand, that goes well with these.

--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

So I turned 40 on the 22nd...

My son made play-doh minions with party hats, and left them outside to cure. He then forgot he did so, and it rained a couple of days ago. I found the puddle of colours, and he's sad now, as my birthday surprise got ruined.

Methinks I'm gonna buy him some sculpey and let him recreate the cute birthday idea he had, because it was a cute idea. Then bake it so his minions will have some resilience.

--Safyr Drathmir
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

The best laid of plans....but there was quite the thought behind it.

And Happy Belated Birthday...
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Yes, Late Happy Birthday!! :mrgreen: Hopefully the next batch of minions are tougher than the last.