Take This Away 2013-07-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Take This Away 2013-07-02

Post by Fairportfan »

Poor kid.

No-one should have to grow up that fast.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
shadowinthelight

Re: Take This Away 2013-07-02

Post by shadowinthelight »

Sweet Jeebus, that is pretty twisted.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I was right in my post from yesterday...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1092#p20068

Worst case scenario... #2 AND #3...

And now poor Atsali needs help in a serious way...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

She's going into something not unlike what i referred to that happened to Donna on Dr Who.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

And now Brandi's prediction that someone would try to tear off their skin.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

I think Paul just took complete and utter evil up to 11.

The women and babies are bad, but then she made everyone else watch just so it would hurt more.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

....my god. :shock:

Let's hope there IS some way to get all this out of Atsali's head before she does something...irrational. Even then, she'd better get her fair share of therapeutic hugs.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Just as that demonic bitch predicted. She set events in motion that'll end with a woman skinning herself.
If Katherine and the other two can't figure out how to stop this, then at least show some mercy and put a bullet through the poor girls head.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Quick note to Paul... in the last panel, I think you missed an 'f' in off... I was so heartbroken for poor Atsali I missed it the first dozen times I read it...

My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Remember Brandi's references to "I can set events into motion that could end with a woman skinning herself"?
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/just-a-vampire/

Well, it looks like Atsali just grew up to become that woman, because she just said "I'll need to tear my skin off to stop this".

Either we are going to get another "not safe for work" page or someone is going to have to step in and save Atsali. I think/hope Bud anticipated this as part of her "The four of you know what to do" speech. Any bets on who?
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Stigmartyr762 wrote:Just as that demonic bitch predicted. She set events in motion that'll end with a woman skinning herself.
If Katherine and the other two can't figure out how to stop this, then at least show some mercy and put a bullet through the poor girls head.
Wasn't Tina a Psychiatrist before her accident? Would the demons at the helm know how to help?

KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

MerchManDan wrote:....my god. :shock:

Let's hope there IS some way to get all this out of Atsali's head before she does something...irrational. Even then, she'd better get her fair share of therapeutic hugs.
Time for Monica's busty mom hugs. Then again, Euryale would love to do the hugging thing.

Does this mean all the babies from all the mothers (Not just the six)? And all the mothers carrying babies, perhaps thousands of them, were dumped into the deserts?
My2Cents wrote:Either we are going to get another "not safe for work" page or someone is going to have to step in and save Atsali. I think/hope Bud anticipated this as part of her "The four of you know what to do" speech. Any bets on who?
I'll predict Kath.

Hopefully there is some way to remove the computer from Atsali, and, when done, will cause her to mercifully forget all that stuff.
Last edited by KnightDelight on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
DragonholderX

Post by DragonholderX »

In Star Trek 2 Kahn said that revenge is a dish best served cold. This dish was so cold it would freeze hydrogen :twisted:
DragonholderX

Post by DragonholderX »

I just remembered something, is not the Chessmaster the one who said she could get a woman to skin herself? Are the Chessmasters plans still ongoing?
Last edited by DragonholderX on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

DilyV wrote:
Stigmartyr762 wrote:Just as that demonic bitch predicted. She set events in motion that'll end with a woman skinning herself.
Wasn't Tina a Psychiatrist before her accident? Would the demons at the helm know how to help?
As far as we know she was a psychiatrist in a previous time loop. In this one she is only referred to as, I believe, "that drug lords daffy (or ditzy??) daughter". It is possible that in the other timelines her father made different decisions in a career that he did in this one.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

This is what the library is waiting for. It wants the information in her head. I'll bet Tisaliah will show up and make Sali and offer she can't refuse shortly. A download and memory wipe included at no extra charge.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Story goes that when Sir Alec Guinness was asked by George Lucas to deliver the line about psychically witnessing Alderaan blowing up, he refused, rightfully pointing out that it was trite and a lessening of the horror of such an event. But Lucas insisted, and so what we have on film is a master-class delivery of how an actor can turn a script into a critique of itself: ' I feel something terrible has happened.'

Much later, the first Star Trek reboot movie employed the canon of Vulcans being able to psychically detect their own kind dying en masse, and turned it into one of the most eye-rollingly confusing moments as old Spock is seemingly portrayed to be on one planet while in range to physically see his distant homeworld blow up.

I see today's installment as Paul's critique of that kind of creative callousness.

DragonholderX wrote:I just remembered something, is not the Chessmaster the one who said she could get a woman to skin herself? Are the Chessmasters plans still ongoing?
Generally speaking, of course they are. The Chessmaster expected to walk away from here and into a world of her own creation.

On the other hand, without subsequent manipulation, her intended effects will probably be firing off at random for awhile. Plenty of room for adventures there.
zachariah wrote:This is what the library is waiting for. It wants the information in her head. I'll bet Tisaliah will show up and make Sali and offer she can't refuse shortly. A download and memory wipe included at no extra charge.
They have the power of the stargate... assuming that's safe. Otherwise, they'll have to hoof it, which means keeping Atsali's mind off this thing. Their curious questions are driving her insane.

Unless they can get her under the Library's probe right quick, maybe they should take different cue from Spock, and demand she calculate pi.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

To be honest I don't see how skinning herself alive would blank out the horrible images in her brain any better than any other form of extremely painful torture that would lead to a comatose state due to system shock and would not be a method most people would think of. I would have to say her selecting it would be either an act of author (a deliberate tie in) or have been somehow subconsciously planted in the computer data she has been downloaded with.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Julie

Post by Julie »

Welp...so much for "Atsali looks to be handling the looney computer business well." Now that we've "fixed" Brandi, we have to spend time "fixing" Atsali. I'd say that's a major glitch in any plan...granted, Atsali's download was likely planned by the SDO/Nü Gui, but her survival was planned by someone/thing else (still have dibs on The Library)...so this catastrophic oops was the result of the collision of counter-acting plans...but still. :( I wanna give the little bird brain a hug!
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
eee

Post by eee »

Perhaps they can siphon the computer out of Atsali and send it into the data crystal with Nu Gui. That would be poetic; the succubus constantly having to deal with the rage and pain she so gleefully created, for all eternity...