Help Or Break 2013-06-24

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Timotheus

Re: Help Or Break 2013-06-24

Post by Timotheus »

That's quick thinking Chuck, but syrup won't stop them!

As an additional observation, the Nu Gho seems to have long, straight hair as opposed to Brandi's curly, springy hair.
And if that's a finger claw being obscured by the whisps of whatever at the top of the winglike structure on her back, she may have bat/dragon wings.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

An Infocom text adventure game, Beyond Zork, has a location where you need to get across a deep canyon. There's a rope bridge heading north across the canyon.
You stand on the south side of a deep canyon. Roads lead east and west. A rope bridge leads north.

>north

Halfway across the Bridge of Zeno

>north

Three-quarters of the way across the Bridge of Zeno

[... many "north"s later ...]

>north

Immeasurably close to the north end of the Bridge of Zeno
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

nerf-dweller wrote:And ya by now Lily and Suzy should be inured to all of this by now. I'd say from the second panel that they are almost, but not quite, there yet.
No. It's their trope. Every single long-running Wapsi character they first meet will be in a moment of projecting their greatest terror or majesty.

They will not be allowed to become "inured".

In the next few moments, Atsali is going full siren, and whoop a triumphant note, mesmerizing them by accident. Katherine will be casually tossing the glowing spider-crystal in one hand, and introduce herself as, "Doc Gilchrist, USAF. Adventure is my office, and I'm open for business."

Later, Shelly will first encounter them by sidling up behind them in grand Stygian demeanor, and whisper some zen depths to them--as we have never heard her pronounce before--before slipping purposefully back into the darkness, leaving Pratt and McBride wishing they could cry pure tears of awe.

They'll first come across Euryale and Stheno as they're in the middle of a sibling gorgon fight, the likes of which the world hasn't seen in 3000 years.

Their first scene with May will be listening to her reveal all her plans, before throwing a switch.

They will attempt to detain Tina just as she approaches critical meld state, which will involve an initial phase of tentacles exploding out of her head orifices, and stretching all across the coffee shop.

Tepoz will be dressing as the Trilogy of Terror Zuni doll for Halloween, which is the perfect time to meet new vampires.

Desperate for normalcy, they'll have to turn to M and Tsillah, who have already got their shots in. (And maybe Nudge, who apparently is not sullying herself by joining in with these amateur pranksters.)

"Er, gee, guys, things aren't usually that crazy around here," apologized the Jaguar as she tore a bit of meat off a bone.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Yep, bat/dragon wings. And has her heart torn out to boot. What do you think are the odds that the vamp gals know exactly what to do in this situation?
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Dave

Post by Dave »

Yamara wrote:"Er, gee, guys, things aren't usually that crazy around here," apologized the Jaguar as she tore a bit of meat off a bone.
And, alas, it was their experience upon meeting Dietzel for the first time which finally broke them. There are some experiences that even world-wise-and-weary vampires should not be expected to withstand.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Yamara wrote: Katherine will be casually tossing the glowing spider-crystal in one hand, and introduce herself as, "Doc Gilchrist, USAF. Adventure is my office, and I'm open for business."
LOVE it!! :mrgreen:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

MerchManDan wrote:
Yamara wrote: Katherine will be casually tossing the glowing spider-crystal in one hand, and introduce herself as, "Doc Gilchrist, USAF. Adventure is my office, and I'm open for business."
LOVE it!! :mrgreen:
Yup all she need is hair and skin of Bronze.
This should help those that I might have lost :twisted:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

txmystic wrote:
Sidhekin wrote:
Who you gonna call?

(Come on, you know this!)
Oh no you don't!
I ain't 'fraid of Nü Gui!
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Dave wrote:
Atomic wrote:. . . .
But -- but -- what about the turnip twizzler?
Those have been outlawed in several states, as being offensive to public morals and decency, so they are no longer being advertised in the national media.

Similar problems exist with the Salad Shooter. State laws vary so much that it's hard to market them. They're entirely outlawed in some states, permitted in most, a few states allow "concealed carry" in lunchboxes, and a few towns in farm states have even passed laws requiring that every household own a Salad Shooter in good condition and keep a supply of fresh lettuce and tomatoes available at all times.

It really makes life difficult for the shipping-and-fulfillment company. Politics... *sigh*
I tried shooting an attacking salad once. It still would not die.