Because Why 2013-06-03

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Re: Because Why 2013-06-03

Post by DilyV »

I wonder if Kath remembers she has the cell phone... two words. CALL BRANDI. Three... CALL BRANDI ASAP!!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Mark N wrote:
Boxilar wrote:Guys, I just had a thought about how Lily and the other girls came to be wandering around the desert where she died. The Anasasi were hell bent on creating Golems. Step one in making Golems is to gather up some young women to terrorise, tourture, and finally murder. Lily has no memory of how she got into the desert, but she mentioned she was injured. Maybe the reason SDO decided it was time to box the Anasasi was because they had already started the Golem creation process.

They were already tourturing six young women to prepare for the transformation.

The six dolls, besides ancestor baby, are supposed to represent six Golems.

Why they were relased into the desert a thousand years after the Anasasi were out of the way is anybody's guess.

As always, this has been a a wild @$$ guess.
Nice idea except the torture was not needed to make Golems. It was used to make pain, fear and helplessness into a weapon they could control, the Chimera. That is until Jin spoiled the brew and the creature was sent out of their control. I would guess that all of the ashes were mixed together into the Chimera and later it was separated into the individual girls. The technique to make golems was used but had additions made for the Chimera. :geek: At least that is my thought. :roll:
The Lanthian priests took control of the society, overthrowing the matriarcy that was in place. They forced Mayahuel to reveal the secrets of Golem creation. She used it on herself, but tricked them and did not reveal the method for controling Golems so that she had free will when her Golem was created. With Brandi and Bud, they attempted to rectify that by utterly breaking them before killing them. It would have worked, and they would have had control of a creature with power to rival a Titan, except that they threw Jin into the mix. Jin killed herself before the ritual burning began, keeping some of her own free will, which was then part of the Chimera, leaving it free to give vent to its rage and pain.

The tourture is not nessary to create a Golem, but to gain full control of it, the creators must break the spirit of its component parts. Mayhauel remained free willed because she was never broken. The Chimera rampaged because Jin retained enough of her free will to set it loose.

If the Anasasi were going to create an army of Golems, they'd want them under control.

They would have tourtured the subjects they were going to use in Golem creation.

The precedent that is set is that you need a young woman as the component part.

Lily was abandoned in the desert. She dosen't know how she got there and can't remember where she got her injuries. No one was alive to remember her, not even stored in the crystal library, otherwise she would have never risen as a vampire.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

DilyV wrote:I wonder if Kath remembers she has the cell phone... two words. CALL BRANDI. Three... CALL BRANDI ASAP!!!
Even if she remembers the cell phone, it won't work. It's called the Mapimi Silent Zone for a reason. ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Timotheus wrote:The confusion corner will be having a special on two for one headache remedies, or fig newtons and scotch for you traditionalists.
Great slavering daibutsu! Do not let me near that "traditionalist" combination... I would entirely depopulate Confusion Corner and render it uninhabitable for decades. I absolutely love Fig Newtons, but they affect me the way ice cream affects Oscar... and a good Scotch would lead me to not caring until it was too late. :(

You're an cruel man to tempt me like that, sir! :lol: I simply can't do that to the good people who frequent this forum.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

DilyV wrote:I wonder if Kath remembers she has the cell phone... two words. CALL BRANDI. Three... CALL BRANDI ASAP!!!
Mapimi Silent Zone, remember?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Fairportfan wrote:
Mapimi Silent Zone, remember?
But... it's an MiB cell phone... that's gotta be worth something... heeeyyy... Maybe it's the MiBimi Silent Zone and its just been mispronounced all these years...

With all the tech the MiB has, you would think they'd have something that would work to be able to communicate at Mapimi...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Boxilar wrote:The tourture is not nessary to create a Golem, but to gain full control of it, the creators must break the spirit of its component parts. Mayhauel remained free willed because she was never broken. The Chimera rampaged because Jin retained enough of her free will to set it loose.

If the Anasasi were going to create an army of Golems, they'd want them under control.

They would have tourtured the subjects they were going to use in Golem creation.
NOT necessarily... the torture would work for UNWILLING subjects who would, if left alone, would NOT want to do the types of things that Bud and Brandi were later reminiscing about... however... WILLING subjects wouldn't NEED to be controlled via torture, they would still listen to those in authority over them even AFTER the golemization process... to wit, suicide bombers, and the like... they still listen to their leaders and do what they say to do, even knowing full well that they'll die doing it. remember, from Atsali, we're getting the info that they were generally nuts PRIOR to going into the crystals in the first place... to me, that means that equivalent of the survivors of Hiroshima, and Nagasaki, demanding that their government build up AND USE even more A-Bombs than we have ever used before... i'm sorry, but if that had happened, i'm sure that the rest of the world would have thought they were crazy too! luckily for us that didn't happen (and in-comic, we have Brandi / SDO planning to lock them away in storage forever...)

i for one think that IF Brandi /SDO could have deleted them herself, she would have, but, because she's a Golem and programmed to follow orders to "protect the Anasazi" she couldn't... BUT... she COULD set it up so that OTHER Anasazi COULD delete them... just like what just happened... i'll bet the orders that Tepoz gave them said absolutely NOTHING about stopping them if they started fighting amongst themselves and them hurting each other! (ie, if Kat is an Anasazi like we suspect, she could kill them off and Brandi / Buds programming WOULD LET HER DO IT!!!

and in todays comic (the 4th) i don't think the loony ones are really gone yet... i think they're still inside her mind, ESPECIALLY the way she's talking right now...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

I think what our two heroines could use the most right now is a unbiased, uncompromised, See-Spot-Run source of information about what they're involved in. That and a good old fashioned Dungeons and Dragons Dimension Door scroll.

Has Tina installed the Jaguar signal on top of Mucho Mocha yet to summon Jaguar Girl on her Jaguar Cycle?
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Julie

Post by Julie »

Sphinx-Napped wrote:
Mark N wrote:
Sphinx-Napped wrote: that wouldn't work remember this Kathrine is a skin suit for few demons that inhabit it, the real Kathrine died in that accident that caused are lovable jaguar girl to go thru all this in the first place, so unless the tina that is in the cellar of the coffee house come back to life there be now ay she could be a golem
I think you are confusing Katherine with Tina.
if i am confused then its because Kathrine looks almost identical to are demon barrister
Except that our favorite barista has silver swirly eyes and a choker...and Kat has all black eyes and a longer face. :P
Boxilar wrote:Edit; possibly relevant. Bud was told by the Etheitians that she was made toprotect them, implying that they told her that they made her and Brandi.
Actually, on the page you're referencing, Bud says that Tepoz told them that they were created to protect the Etheitians.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Julie wrote:Actually, on the page you're referencing, Bud says that Tepoz told them that they were created to protect the Etheitians.
YEP, I'll bet that this is relatively close to the time after they were separated, and just after they were "reassigned" to the "New World"... they are still very much a Golem (their base personality's have been restored, but some portions still need work, like how Bud seems to be still locked into a rigidly programmed "need to know /somebody ELSE's Problem" mode, and it's all part of Tepoz's plan to distance them from the Chimera, and try to set them on a NEW path... that of PROTECTING rather than DESTROYING... i don't know about Jin at this point, and as for Brandi / Sr. Director Oduya, i think her "deal" is what's giving her the more "human-like" personality right now (as compared to Bud)
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Dave wrote:Y'know, when this Adventure is over, I think Atsali is going to qualify for a set of new and spicier cuss-phrases. She's due to graduate out of the diaper-reference class.

I'd even go so far as to say that we ought to dedicate a month's worth of Pun Jar contributions to buying her a few books (of the sort that the Library might not let her see yet) worth of really inventive blasphemies and obscenities. Not that she has to use them, of course, but she'd probably get a kick of of reading classics such as the Sixty Sequential Sacreliges of Tsao Tsao.

That is, of course, assuming that she and Katherine survive. Jumping for the stargate... well, that was a bit too obvious and easy.
It does remind me of certain stories that have youngish, semi-innocents who hear others using cusswords, and trying them out, but not quite getting the hang of it--it sounds rather affected at first. . . .

Edit: On the other hand, what's wrong with "Poop"? It's a good four-letter, scatological Anglo-saxon word.