Last Two 2013-04-24

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Sphinx-Napped

Re: Last Two 2013-04-24

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

GuySmiley wrote:
(Oh, and while I'm at it. Hi there! Can anyone tell me where to find confusion corner?)
i need to find it as well,took i have no idea what going on with brandi ,but this"brandi seems to be having problems..
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

She's a Bran-Droid!
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

kingklash wrote:She's a Bran-Droid!
Yup, she's you're average, regular robot.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

So,

there is the Brandi that parties
there is the Brandi that plans
there is the Brandi that cares about fashion

...... :?:

*zooms in on Brandi's eyes*
*closer*
*closer*
*closer*

:shock:

Oh-No!

She's full of ponies :o

(apologies to those that don't get either reference)
<gee, it would be a real shame if someone from the fan art thread tried to make that>
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

There's an underlying question here: does Monica have control over both Brandi and Director Oduya?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

Stigmartyr762 wrote:Lily is Anasazi.......there's a hook I wasn't expecting at all. I wonder who the second Anasazi is?
Ah, but is Lily truly one of "the last two living Anasazi"? Are Wapsiverse vampires truly alive (i.e died, and then actually returned to life)? In the common mythos, vampires are usually described as "undead" - stuck somewhere 'tween true life and complete death.

Points and cookies to those who inferred that Lily's extreme age, and the fact that she died in the Southwestern desert, probably made her a pre-Clovis Native American. I wasn't sure that was necessarily correct, but Brandi's statement (if true) would clinch it.

And, yeah, the identity of the other surviving Anasazi is an interesting question. How would that individual have survived until today?
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Dave wrote:Ah, but is Lily truly one of "the last two living Anasazi"? Are Wapsiverse vampires truly alive (i.e died, and then actually returned to life)? In the common mythos, vampires are usually described as "undead" - stuck somewhere 'tween true life and complete death.

And, yeah, the identity of the other surviving Anasazi is an interesting question. How would that individual have survived until today?

As I said earlier, the word "living" may not really be what Brandi is after. "Ambulatory," perhaps?

Maybe Brandi is the other.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

...By not realizing how old she really was?
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Let's not forget what Brandi said when she first entered this scene.

The Library can read the minds of anyone who comes to visit, and almost certainly does for any being of great power.

Brandi's programming is in Glyph, a written language, which the Library would automatically copy (however it does that). Well, that's a tad hazardous. Are these golems being sent around to the stargates the "originals" recompiled by the Glyph Readers out of the Chimera, or are they Library's copies that it can lend out?

Does the Library update its copies of the GGs in real time? Or does it maintain a complete reference collection of Buds Brandis and Jins as they existed throughout history?

Or are golems one of those reasons to keep secrets from the Library.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

kingklash wrote:She's a Bran-Droid!
Ya gotta wonder if she's got Machine Gun Jumbleys.... heheee
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Sphinx-Napped wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:
(Oh, and while I'm at it. Hi there! Can anyone tell me where to find confusion corner?)
i need to find it as well,took i have no idea what going on with brandi ,but this"brandi seems to be having problems..
Follow the smell of fresh cookies, and avoid the corridor with the gentle, hollow wooshing of a breeze through the pun jar opening.

Caution -- if you hear bats and/or step on a flipper, turn around and run!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Sphinx-Napped wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:
When you have to ask where is the corner you are there. You just have to alter your mind set a little and it will come into focus. Accept the fact that 98% of everything said here is pure speculation based upon what we think is happening, and why. We only find out if we were right after it's all over. Just keep in mind the motto.

WE MAY BE SURE BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN WE ARE RIGHT!
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Wyvern wrote:As I said earlier, the word "living" may not really be what Brandi is after. "Ambulatory," perhaps?

Maybe Brandi is the other.
It seems fairly well established that Brandi is of north African descent, and as a Lanthian subject she'd date back somewhere around 10,000 years (not counting Calendar Machine loops).

Lily is about half that age... which puts her birth well before the date that the Old Pueblo (Anasazi) culture is usually considered to have originated (in our timeline and worldline, of course). The ancestors of the Anasazi were almost certainly hanging around the southwest in 3000 BCE, though, so saying that she's Anasazi seems quite reasonable.

So, I don't think Brandi is the other Anasazi... there's another new player to be introduced. My hunch is that it's someone Katherine and Atsali are supposed to meet - perhaps the maker of the kachina dolls?
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Grantwhy wrote: :shock:

Oh-No!

She's full of ponies :o

(apologies to those that don't get either reference)
<gee, it would be a real shame if someone from the fan art thread tried to make that>
Not exactly what you were imagining, but it's what flashed through my brain...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Julie

Post by Julie »

txmystic wrote:Well, if it IS multiple personality disorder, then I shudder to think what the ill effects of that will be...

...pass those brownies.

Wait, are the brownies mayhap left over from 4/20? ;-)
:P No. I don't celebrate that occasion. :) I like my brownies fudgy and delicious...and only mind-altering due to the intense amount of chocolate involved. :P
Yamara wrote:Let's not forget what Brandi said when she first entered this scene.

The Library can read the minds of anyone who comes to visit, and almost certainly does for any being of great power.
Wait. What? I thought that the Library knew where Kat and Atsali were going and why because they actually talked about it while in the Library...and then of course the Library would be aware of what portal was being used to exit. Did I miss the "mind reading" revelation? :?
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Julie wrote:
txmystic wrote:Well, if it IS multiple personality disorder, then I shudder to think what the ill effects of that will be...

...pass those brownies.

:P No. I don't celebrate that occasion. :) I like my brownies fudgy and delicious...and only mind-altering due to the intense amount of chocolate involved. :P
"What about love?"
"Overrated. Biochemically no different than eating large quantities of chocolate."
- Al Pacino 'The Devil's Advocate'
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Julie

Post by Julie »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Julie wrote:

...pass those brownies.

"What about love?"
"Overrated. Biochemically no different than eating large quantities of chocolate."
- Al Pacino 'The Devil's Advocate'
I love that movie. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

jwhouk wrote:There's an underlying question here: does Monica have control over both Brandi and Director Oduya?
I'd answer this speculation with "yes and no." Like Florence can be controlled by humans in Freefall Brandi can be controlled by Monica. However, just like Florence can do an end run around her programming if she feels the absolute need to do so, Senior Director Oduya, who can hatch plans that can conclude with a woman skinning herself, will do what she wants even if she has to manipulate Monica into ordering her to do what she wants to do. It is hard to control something that is so much more intelligent than you are; not that Monica isn't really smart, but not many are in the Director's League.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I don't know. Theoretically, I do that (manipulate something that is much more intelligent than me) every day.

Theoretically, I'm doing so right now.
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

jwhouk wrote:I don't know. Theoretically, I do that (manipulate something that is much more intelligent than me) every day.

Theoretically, I'm doing so right now.
Uh, theoretically, you wouldn't happen to use a Voight-Kampff machine at work and have used this sentence at work today: "You’re watching television. Suddenly you realize there’s a wasp crawling on your arm." hmmm? Because if not, I think we're talking about two totally different kinds of "intelligence.". ;)

I deal with eleven hundred pound organic intelligences on a regular basis that routinely get the better of college graduates and couldnt "pass the entrance exam to kindergarten." But they do have a mind of their own and know what they don't want to do.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt