Midnight Raid 2016-08-11

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
GlytchMeister

Re: Midnight Raid 2016-08-11

Post by GlytchMeister »

... :oops:

Yyyyeah... Heh... Lessons learned...
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Alkarii wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:... on the other hand, I have quite a bit of interesting scar tissue...
Scars are tattoos with better stories.

I have a few interesting ones as well... Birdshot (intel forgot to mention the guy had a shotgun), .22 GSW's, knife gash (that one is a badge of honor for someone who is now a dear friend of mine), brass knuckles to the chin (complete with chipped teeth which have since been repaired), eye gouge (Not my best night), and a really badly scraped knee when I had to dive out of a moving, burning drug truck (that mission was a fustercluck)
What the hell do you do for a living? :shock:
Based on what has been posted in the fanfics, I have a certain suspicion that Glytch might have had something to do with the fact that the truck was burning.

And that Sgt. Howard has had some adventures among the meth labs of Okanogan County, contributing to there being fewer of such than was formerly the case.

And that neither will provide any identifiable details before the relevant statutes of limitations run out. (Which, considering the potential lethality of both types of activity, may be never.)
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I will go on record saying I've never killed anyone. At least I have that.

And the truck being on fire was not my fault. It was because of a rival gang who just so happened to target the same drug shipment as I did, for an entirely different reason.
(I wanted to stop the shipment, they wanted to take it for themselves. Thus, fustercluck.)
I'm too much!
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

So you're both moonlighting as superheroes? Cool. What do your costumes look like?

Edit: Damn it, I should learn to check for PMs...
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

OK- First of all, nobody was EVER able to prove that I blew up the science building. Secondly, Meth labs explode all the time, right? What difference does it make? Thirdly, that rattlecan blowing up in the idiot's face who was spray painting his gang mark on my pumphouse? He never reported it until three months later when he got caught with meth- and the cops wouldn't believe him. Finally, the situation that happened in Salinas has NOTHIING to do with me... whatsoever... I'm pretty sure of that...

.... and NO!!! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED TO JOE SUMNER!!! QUIT ASKING ME!!!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

??? this time of year? I wear Hawaiian shirts, cut-off blue jeans, a stoker's cap and crocs...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

GlytchMeister wrote:I will go on record saying I've never killed anyone. At least I have that.

And the truck being on fire was not my fault. It was because of a rival gang who just so happened to target the same drug shipment as I did, for an entirely different reason.
(I wanted to stop the shipment, they wanted to take it for themselves. Thus, fustercluck.)
Sounds like a side effect of unplanned interactions... which likely served your intentions more than theirs.

And from your descriptions of the stuff John dealt with, if you had killed some I'd be concerned about the effect on your mental health... but wouldn't shed any tears for them. (Better to avoid that whole set of problems by having them land in the cops' hands with no major injuries, though.)
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I... Yeah. That's why I retired recently. I had a really bad day and... Got really close to crossing the line.

Really bad day.

Anyway, that's over, it's the past, and I stayed in control, so all is well.

As for that particular mission, once the damned bomb went off in the engine, all bets were off. We ended up making shit up as we went along. Good thing the bomb did go off, or we wouldn't have known about the ambush. I was an playing an infiltrator, so the driver thought I was his partner for the day. I was supposed to get him to stop on the side of the road for a piss break, then my team would move in, hit him with a tranq, place signal jammers, and drive the whole thing to a garage for processing. Instead, a gorram gasoline firebomb blows up in the friggin engine compartment. Now running on instinct, I unbuckled is both and dragged our sorry asses out of my door. I threw him into the muddy ditch, which meant I didn't go quite as far - my knee got into a fight with the asphalt, and the asphalt won. I spent three hours picking bits of crud out of the ensuing hole. That SUCKED.
Anyway, the semi kept going like the damned Flying Dutchman, sprung the ambush, tires got spiked and the whole thing nosedived into some forested area. So while all of those rival gangsters were milling about in confusion trying to find me and the driver, my team regrouped and set up an impromptu ambush on them.

I gave my spies a stern talking-to about sharing data and looking for possible intersections after that, while Doc and I were picking rocks out of my knee just to drive the point home.

Fun times.
I'm too much!
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Sgt. Howard wrote:OK- First of all, nobody was EVER able to prove that I blew up the science building. Secondly, Meth labs explode all the time, right? What difference does it make? Thirdly, that rattlecan blowing up in the idiot's face who was spray painting his gang mark on my pumphouse? He never reported it until three months later when he got caught with meth- and the cops wouldn't believe him. Finally, the situation that happened in Salinas has NOTHIING to do with me... whatsoever... I'm pretty sure of that...

.... and NO!!! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED TO JOE SUMNER!!! QUIT ASKING ME!!!
Joe Sumner? Never heard of him.
illiad

Post by illiad »

and stop bad-mouthing Gordon, OK??? 8-)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote:.... and NO!!! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED TO JOE SUMNER!!! QUIT ASKING ME!!!
And I suppose you'll also feign ignorance about the whereabouts of Jimmy Hoffa, and claim you've never even heard of the Mary Celeste?

Ve haff vays of making you talk.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Dave wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:.... and NO!!! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED TO JOE SUMNER!!! QUIT ASKING ME!!!
And I suppose you'll also feign ignorance about the whereabouts of Jimmy Hoffa, and claim you've never even heard of the Mary Celeste?

The only thing you're gonna get out of sarge is his name, rank, and serial number.

All you'll get outta me is spit and expletives.

Pfff. Jägers. Think they're the scariest thing since predatory bread. Monsters aren't scary. They look like monsters. It's the humans you gotta watch out for.
I'm too much!
illiad

Post by illiad »

Dave wrote:

well, actually.. you CAN talk to him.... ;) if only to hear him groan about his dad... you may know him... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote:

Jimmy Hoffa? Never heard of him... but the blackberries are doing marvelous this year... and he Marie Celeste? That was before my time... talk to Neil...
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

GlytchMeister wrote:The only thing you're gonna get out of sarge is his name, rank, and serial number.

Pfff. Jägers. Think they're the scariest thing since predatory bread. Monsters aren't scary. They look like monsters. It's the humans you gotta watch out for.
I think we've had this discussion before, young sir.

Human you want, and human you will get. Only a human could have come up with the idea of a torture instrument as cruel as what I'm thinking of. I have this lovely tape-loop montage which consists of non-stop clips of Abba, bubblegum pop, and Barney... and that's just for starters. A few hours of "YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY I'VE GOT LOVE IN MY TUMMY I LOVE YOU YOU LOVE ME" and we'll see about that "name rank and serial number" stuff. Think of a Clockwork Orange scenario, dripping in saccharine.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:The only thing you're gonna get out of sarge is his name, rank, and serial number.

I think we've had this discussion before, young sir.

Human you want, and human you will get. Only a human could have come up with the idea of a torture instrument as cruel as what I'm thinking of. I have this lovely tape-loop montage which consists of non-stop clips of Abba, bubblegum pop, and Barney... and that's just for starters. A few hours of "YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY I'VE GOT LOVE IN MY TUMMY I LOVE YOU YOU LOVE ME" and we'll see about that "name rank and serial number" stuff. Think of a Clockwork Orange scenario, dripping in saccharine.
Glytch- just let the psycho alters deal with that- easy peasy...
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Heh, predatory bread. That makes me chuckle, so I should assume I'm not allowed to ever be in possession of any.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Dave wrote:I have this lovely tape-loop montage which consists of non-stop clips of Abba, bubblegum pop, and Barney... and that's just for starters. A few hours of "YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY I'VE GOT LOVE IN MY TUMMY I LOVE YOU YOU LOVE ME" and we'll see about that "name rank and serial number" stuff. Think of a Clockwork Orange scenario, dripping in saccharine.
Bagpipes, badly played. Trump that drivel in a heartbeat. I was once stuck on board a sailing vessel with a piper of more enthusiam than talent...he barely survived the voyage.

EDIT: And NO it was not the Mary Celeste. I am NOT taking credit for that one. The collier "Cyclops" however....yeah...not one of my better moves.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Hmph, all I can claim is 2 dams and some electric powerplants. Oh and a bully's mind, he was expecting me to fall down when he swung the baseball bat at my head and connected, at just the wrong point in my stride. That was my first clue that something in my family tree might not be baseline human. Now I had a dent in the back of my head (still do) and a bit of a headache for a day or two, but I didn't fall down. That kinda ... disturbs people... I had some strange stuff happen before, like falling 12 feet out of a tree and bouncing off limestone building slabs like they were mattresses, cutting the end off a finger just past the knuckle and sticking it back on with a bandaid, and some strange leaps that I could never do again. But that incident with the baseball bat was what convinced me I wasn't normal except in the case where that term meant "at right angles to your previous reality"
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Opus, you might have an unusually high concentration of Homo neanderthalensis in your DNA. I hear Ozzy Osbourne is the same way - it's been theorized that is how he managed to survive the hilariously horrible drug cocktail he dumped into his system for so long.
I'm too much!