Home by Ten 2016-03-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
illiad

Re: Home by Ten 2016-03-16

Post by illiad »

lake_wrangler wrote: And let's not forget the all important "Beware of wind gusts!" :lol:
That's what the pasties are for!... :P :D Didn't you check my link?? (almost safe, but don't click 'inside' it.. :/ )

Last edited by illiad on Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

GlytchMeister wrote:
Gyrrakavian wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:Girls/women actually wear bandanas like that?

Huh.
Occasionally, but you don't see it terribly often in the Midwest.
I was wondering if it was a case of "it doesn't happen a lot around here" or a "you hang out with the wrong kind of people to see bandana tops" situation.
Summer time here in Eastern Washington you might actually see that sort of thing- but only with girls who really don't need a bra. If 'bounce' is any sort of issue, they wear something that can deal with 'bounce'... and you would typically see it where you're away from water and in the absence of wind. Often enough in a bar, I suppose.

A girl built like Atsali wearing that would be swarmed with guys in no time flat... and probably there would be fights...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Summer time here in Eastern Washington you might actually see that sort of thing- but only with girls who really don't need a bra. If 'bounce' is any sort of issue, they wear something that can deal with 'bounce'... and you would typically see it where you're away from water and in the absence of wind. Often enough in a bar, I suppose.

A girl built like Atsali wearing that would be swarmed with guys in no time flat... and probably there would be fights...
Shelly used to - may still - wear handkerchief tops. Bud and Lily might get away with it too.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:
I was wondering if it was a case of "it doesn't happen a lot around here" or a "you hang out with the wrong kind of people to see bandana tops" situation.
Summer time here in Eastern Washington you might actually see that sort of thing- but only with girls who really don't need a bra. If 'bounce' is any sort of issue, they wear something that can deal with 'bounce'... and you would typically see it where you're away from water and in the absence of wind. Often enough in a bar, I suppose.

Girls like Nicki (still have not seeen the gddm link yet???) are very similar to Atsali... BUT they in RL are usually in the company of *mature* guys, of the MOBO generation -think Rihanna, Usher, Kanye, Beyonce.., that have *huge* respect for attractive girls...

with those big guys, youngsters behave... :p
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

illiad wrote:Girls like Nicki (still have not seeen the gddm link yet???) are very similar to Atsali... BUT they in RL are usually in the company of *mature* guys, of the MOBO generation -think Rihanna, Usher, Kanye, Beyonce.., that have *huge* respect for attractive girls...

A search for "MOBO generation" leads to links for Intel motherboards... :roll:

What do YOU mean by it?
illiad

Post by illiad »

lake_wrangler wrote:
illiad wrote:Girls like Nicki (still have not seeen the gddm link yet???) are very similar to Atsali... BUT they in RL are usually in the company of *mature* guys, of the MOBO generation -think Rihanna, Usher, Kanye, Beyonce.., that have *huge* respect for attractive girls...

A search for "MOBO generation" leads to links for Intel motherboards... :roll:

What do YOU mean by it?
the link is there... try this one...
http://www.mobo.com/news-blogs/watch-be ... dal-needed

Have you got google 'safesearch' on? that seems to affect the results... click this link..
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

illiad wrote:the link is there... try this one...
http://www.mobo.com/news-blogs/watch-be ... dal-needed

Have you got google 'safesearch' on? that seems to affect the results... click this link..
I did follow the link to the article and video of Nicky Menaj and Beyonce singing together (the first time around). I did, however, fail to notice that it was hosted on a website called "Mobo"... So I take it that the "MOBO generation" would be the generation that follows the kind of news that sites like MOBO puts out. However, I couldn't see anywhere on the site where it says what exactly "MOBO" means or stands for. I guess it doesn't matter, anyway...
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

lake_wrangler wrote: So I take it that the "MOBO generation" would be the generation that follows the kind of news that sites like MOBO puts out. However, I couldn't see anywhere on the site where it says what exactly "MOBO" means or stands for. I guess it doesn't matter, anyway...
no clue what it means either, but i assume it's something like FUBU means "For Us, By Us"
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
illiad

Post by illiad »

Nobody trust Wikipedia here???? Music Of Black Origin... :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOBO_Awards

haven't you heard music by Rihanna, Usher, Kanye ??
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

illiad wrote:Nobody trust Wikipedia here???? Music Of Black Origin... :)
I check Wikipedia regularly. I just didn't think to check in this instance, since my previous searches all gave results related to Intel motherboards...
illiad wrote:haven't you heard music by Rihanna, Usher, Kanye ??
I've heard of them... but I don't listen to radio, usually, and they are not part of my musical library/taste.
illiad

Post by illiad »

lake_wrangler wrote:
illiad wrote:haven't you heard music by Rihanna, Usher, Kanye ??
I've heard of them... but I don't listen to radio, usually, and they are not part of my musical library/taste.
OK... :) do you use a different search site? does this link show the full results?? google is getting a bit TOO paranoid about security and stuff... :roll:
scantrontb wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote: So I take it that the "MOBO generation" would be the generation that follows the kind of news that sites like MOBO puts out. However, I couldn't see anywhere on the site where it says what exactly "MOBO" means or stands for. I guess it doesn't matter, anyway...
no clue what it means either, but i assume it's something like FUBU means "For Us, By Us"
not a mispelling of FUBAR then.... :D :D
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I tend to specifically avoid such music. I prefer Jimi Hendrix and Muddy Waters.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

illiad wrote:OK... :) do you use a different search site? does this link show the full results?? google is getting a bit TOO paranoid about security and stuff... :roll:
As a matter of fact, I do use a different search engine, as a general rule: Goodsearch

It's based on Yahoo search, and for every search you do, a donation is made to your selected charitable organization (fractions of a penny at a time, but it eventually adds up, slowly...)

But even following your link to the Google search with those terms still brought me only links about Intel motherboards, regardless of whether I follow your link in Google Chrome, or in Firefox. But don't worry about it, I don't need to know any more on the subject, as that music and those artists are not, as I previously mentioned, part of my musical interests.
illiad

Post by illiad »

lake_wrangler wrote:As a matter of fact, I do use a different search engine, as a general rule: Goodsearch
It's based on Yahoo search, and for every search you do, a donation is made to your selected charitable organization (fractions of a penny at a time, but it eventually adds up, slowly...)
Ah! I found the problem, just the word 'mobo' gets the right search, also in 'goodsearch' :) - I will try using that a a bit more that stoopid google... :P :)
GlytchMeister wrote:
I tend to specifically avoid such music. I prefer Jimi Hendrix and Muddy Waters.
well I was mentioning *recent* artists...
VREEEP! VREEEP!!!!! Oops, sorry, I fergot my sarcasm detector was still on.... :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
jimi hendrixs london flat to be opened for public viewing :ugeek:
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

illiad wrote:Ah! I found the problem, just the word 'mobo' gets the right search, also in 'goodsearch' :) - I will try using that a a bit more that stoopid google... :P :)
Interesting... taking out "generation", and simply searchying "MOBO" definitely gives more varied results:

A bicycle company, stuff about cell phones, motherboards (again, of course)...

... as well as the previously discussed music news web site...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Hey now, I listen to Rhianna.

Of course, some of her recent stuff is getting a bit derivative, but she's got a great voice.

That other chica with Minaj has some good tunes, too, but I don't think she's going to be that great of a singer...

:roll:
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
illiad

Post by illiad »

Erm there are two singers that get confused.... :)

Rhianna (R_hi_anna )Hannah Louise Kenny (born 1983, in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England) part of the band "little fix", renamed to "the fix" to stop confusion with 'little mix' band...

Rihanna (R_ih_anna ) Robyn Rihanna Fenty (/riˈænə/ ree-AN-ə),(The H is silent, *really* confusing everyone!! :? ) (born February 20, 1988) is a Barbadian singer and songwriter. Born in Saint Michael and raised in Bridgetown - you must remember umberella, ella, ella ???

Another good mark for 'goodsearch' !! They *know* you mean the Barbadian singer even if misspelt! :)

you NEED to get onto youtube, lots of good stuff there.. :) :P especially Minaj.. :D BUT don't believe the haters!!! It took her TEN years of hard work...
Last edited by illiad on Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

That was just brain fade on me.

Rihanna (She of "Unfaithful", "Umbrella", and "Take a Bow" fame) was the one to whom I was referring.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
illiad

Post by illiad »

yes, well i thought it was just the foolish internet taking a 'wrong spelling' and found that... :roll:
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

GlytchMeister wrote:
Gyrrakavian wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:Girls/women actually wear bandanas like that?

Huh.
Occasionally, but you don't see it terribly often in the Midwest.
The Midlands and Greater Appalachia tend to have more modest sensibilities, so to speak.

Hmmm... I tried to phrase that in a way that didn't sound judgmental in either way. Not sure I managed to.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."