You’re The One 2016-03-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Sgt. Howard

Re: You’re The One 2016-03-07

Post by Sgt. Howard »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
KnightDelight wrote:And, yes, with adoption (especially kids from the supernatural world) the not being able to have babies becomes somewhat of a non-issue. Supernatural adoption would make for interesting future arcs. Both for Bud and Jin.
"Hey, Mom? Me and the Stinkweed are goin' over to Aunt Bud's - Aunt Jin's there, and we can hang out with Tlaloc and Achren, okay?"
"That's fine girls- but if your Aunt Phix shows up with little Dixie, be careful- she's teething..."
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

KnightDelight wrote:And, yes, with adoption (especially kids from the supernatural world) the not being able to have babies becomes somewhat of a non-issue. Supernatural adoption would make for interesting future arcs. Both for Bud and Jin.
Might be able to just take a cutting from Castela, if she were willing, and stick it into some potting mix. Bud and Jin could both carry their sprout around in their internal storage spaces until the kid is big enough, thus getting even more of the effect of pregnancy!

Sure, the world might end up overrun by Whatsits if that course is started upon, but at least things wouldn't be boring that way.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Catawampus wrote:
Might be able to just take a cutting from Castela, if she were willing, and stick it into some potting mix. Bud and Jin could both carry their sprout around in their internal storage spaces until the kid is big enough, thus getting even more of the effect of pregnancy!

Sure, the world might end up overrun by Whatsits if that course is started upon, but at least things wouldn't be boring that way.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:
"Hey, Mom? Me and the Stinkweed are goin' over to Aunt Bud's - Aunt Jin's there, and we can hang out with Tlaloc and Achren, okay?"
"That's fine girls- but if your Aunt Phix shows up with little Dixie, be careful- she's teething..."
"AETERNIA!"

(Running gag...)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

jwhouk wrote: . . . (Running gag...)
I didn't think she was even walking yet . . .

--FreeFlier
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

jwhouk wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote: "Hey, Mom? Me and the Stinkweed are goin' over to Aunt Bud's - Aunt Jin's there, and we can hang out with Tlaloc and Achren, okay?"
"AETERNIA!"

Greg calls her the "Flying Chainsaw". Stan refers to her as the "Toothy Cublet". Al uses the phrase "Razor Frisbee". Katherine is more respectful but Buck (in private) speaks of the "Demonette" or "Terrible Tooths". Monica uses no name other than 'Aternia', but always with the comment "Damned if I'M having any children,". Daisy calls her "Cyclone". 'Jet simply screams and runs... not that THAT does any good other than to attract the little one's attention. Gytch says nothing but secretly contemplates a vasectomy.

And of course, Neil calls her "Dixie- Daddy's little girl,". She has the rest of the world in terror with Daddy wrapped around her little finger.

Moral of the story- two thousand year's of existence does not always guarantee wisdom in everything...
"NEIL!!! SHE IS ABSOLUTELY..."
"Dearheart, she is only a child..."
"SHE IS A WEAPON OF WAR! A MENACE TO SOCIETY!!! "
"Phix, she is only two years old,..."
"AND SHE HAS ALREADY EATEN MOST OF THE SQUIRRELLS IN MINNEAPOLIS!!! ("This is a bad thing?") YES IT'S A BAD THING! SHE'S HORKING UP HAIRBALLS THE SIZE OF LARGE CABBAGES!!! ALL OVER THE HOUSE!!! I KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH HER"
"PHIX! You are NOT going to EAT her!- How did you Mother handle you at this age?"
"She... would go out and kill armies out of frustration. I had an older sister, but Mom ate her... I don't remember why..."

(Running gag...)
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

*blinks confused*

Long fanfic?
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Gyrrakavian wrote:*blinks confused*

Long fanfic?
VERY long.

I was the one who suggested the little Sphinx cub's name, and by God that's what I call her.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Long fanfic?
Duuuude... We've written novels. Quick "off the top o' the head" estimate, jwhouk, about how many pages total, with all the side stories? 1000?
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

GlytchMeister wrote:

Long fanfic?
Duuuude... We've written novels. Quick "off the top o' the head" estimate, jwhouk, about how many pages total, with all the side stories? 1000?
Go to 'Wapsi Fan Art'- start with "Wapsi Me"- then read "A Visit to Phix", "The Elixir", "A Very Happy Wedding", "Fearless", "U 296", "Another Day at the Works", "It happened at Mucho Mocha", "Cricket and the Councilor," "Parts of the Family", "Visiting Minnesota", "The End", "Nadette Sings, pt. 2", "The Ticket", "Fifty Three", "16 Years from Now", "150 Years Ago", "Doing it Right", "Paddock Name", "The Good, The Bad and the Utterly Panicked", "Purpose", "Dark Knowledge", "Training Exercises", "A Stable Relationship", "Pillsbury + 1 Year", "Redemption of Arianna", "Bringing up a Baby Sphinx", "Stainless Steel Angel", "Mad Science",... did I forget one?
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

...Maybe 2000?
:P :lol:
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

GlytchMeister wrote:...Maybe 2000?
:P :lol:
Thicker than Blood was 500 (all right 487) alone, so likely more than that as Reunion is headed into the same territory. I'd hazard a guess at 2000-2500.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:

Long fanfic?
Go to 'Wapsi Fan Art'- start with "Wapsi Me"- then read "A Visit to Phix", "The Elixir", "A Very Happy Wedding", "Fearless", "U 296", "Another Day at the Works", "It happened at Mucho Mocha", "Cricket and the Counselor", "Parts of the Family", "Visiting Minnesota", "The End", "Nadette Sings, pt. 2", "The Ticket", "Fifty Three", "16 Years from Now", "150 Years Ago", "Doing it Right", "Paddock Name", "The Good, The Bad and the Utterly Panicked", "Purpose", "Dark Knowledge", "Training Exercises", "A Stable Relationship", "Pillsbury + 1 Year", "Redemption of Arianna", "Bringing up a Baby Sphinx", "Stainless Steel Angel", "Mad Science",... did I forget one?
I changed all the titles Sarge listed to links.

Sarge left out:
* "A Visit from the Skinwalker" which builds on the other fanon but takes bits of it in different directions so isn't quite compatible.
* "A trip down the rabbit hole" which I think might be in an alternate universe from the other fanfics.
Last edited by Warrl on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

WOW, have we done a lot of these.

(Full list over here

And I can tell you that I wrote 1, 6, 12, 13, 17,19, 28, and 29. I had a hand in a few others.
Last edited by jwhouk on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

(Psst - Joe - over here!)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Warrl wrote:(Psst - Joe - over here!)
I put it up there, so there :P ;)
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

It's not that I'm sorry exactly, that I fell out of the telling-of-stories, It's a great way to collaborate and tune up my skills, but I fell off the flat world so to speak, in that regard.

I'll likely be back.

But really though, the part of this thread that got me to respond was the;

"Not Only Did She Leave Me for Another, But it Was a Woman..." thing.

Its a real thing, it makes you crazy, and I just now redacted all kinds of initial responses. I think I'm going to take the better part of Valour at this point.