Taking Charge 2013-04-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
illiad

Re: Taking Charge 2013-04-17

Post by illiad »

get to that alcove????

welllll. I guess there would be nothing left, except a large hole gouged by the copter blades and crash, the wreckage may have fallen further down the um, bigger hole??? ... unless the portal was indestructible material.... ??
Leak

Post by Leak »

DilyV wrote:That big bulge on their chest is from their ALSE (Aviation Life Support Equipment) vest. All aircrew wear them. I suspect that pouch in the front is insulated and packed with dry ice and salted caramel latte popcicles...
Still looks rather female to me here, ALSE and all...

np: DJ Koze - Magical Boy (ft. Matthew Dear) (Amygdala)
Dave

Post by Dave »

KnightDelight wrote:If they are all supernaturals, I'm thinking the twins might be the easiest to guess. What supernatural twins are famous in mythology?
Lots of choices there it seems, as twins have appeared many times in creation myths. In Eurowestern mythology, Castor and Pollux could be possibilities... and they were said to be immortal. Ahriman and Ahura Mazda would make the ultimate Good Cop / Bad Cop twin tag team ;) but I'd expect they would at least slightly outrank a pair of vampires.

These two don't look like aboriginal creator-lizards, but who can say for sure?
Julie

Post by Julie »

I wish we had a kind of map showing us where the Library portal is/was...where the Big Hole with the alcove is/was...where Lily & MiB Team are now...and where Mesa Verde is. For some reason I kept thinking that the alcove/Big Hole was in Mesa Verde...but there's no way the helicopters were flown 20 miles out to land...and I saw the post someone made the other day reminding us that the Library portal only came out near Mesa Verde...but how far did Kat and Atsali fly in the mine car? *shakes head* I'm terrible with spacial understandings. :(
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
wratgaf

Post by wratgaf »

Hmmmm... t'would appear that the girls (and probably Brandy) already know about the star gate.
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

The one in the helmet could be related to Slenderman,or just have the greatest poker face ever. The two knuckleheads in Raybans are probably Academy pukes as they tend to all look alike. Disposable. As for the female (?) Who knows? Maybe she'll be the joker of the bunch.

Lilly and Suzie have a long way to go and a short time to get there.

*Covers the Pun Jar with his Stetson.*
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

zachariah wrote:Other thing is what made Lily suspicious suddenly? Nothing overt happened so why would the upcoming meeting trigger this? It would trigger worry about accounting for the mess but to think something is off center???
Brandi is showing up In Person.

In the Wapsi preternatural world, if the Chessmaster is showing up to personally take a hand, Something Important (And Possibly Something You Don't Want To Be Near) Is About To Happen.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

shadowinthelight wrote:Duh, the guy on the left is The Blank.
The Stig.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Dave wrote:
KnightDelight wrote:If they are all supernaturals, I'm thinking the twins might be the easiest to guess. What supernatural twins are famous in mythology?
Lots of choices there it seems, as twins have appeared many times in creation myths. In Eurowestern mythology, Castor and Pollux could be possibilities...
Considering that this is a quest...
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Cousins?

=====================
=====================
mike weber
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

I think the pilot forgot to "put on his face" this morning, how else would you recognize his mug if he didn't put on his face this morning..

Drops a mortician's make-up kit in the pun jar
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Lilly and Suzie aren't worried about the 20-mile trek: There's enough salvageable parts to build a sedan chair, or a pair of rickshaws, for the flight crew to huck for 20 miles....

(Y'all aren't thinkin' like OFFICERS yet)
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Dave

Post by Dave »

NOTDilbert wrote:Lilly and Suzie aren't worried about the 20-mile trek: There's enough salvageable parts to build a sedan chair, or a pair of rickshaws, for the flight crew to huck for 20 miles....

Beware of subordinates bearing fragmentation grenades... might inconvenience vampires for at least a while...
sheik

Post by sheik »

NOTDilbert wrote:Lilly and Suzie aren't worried about the 20-mile trek: There's enough salvageable parts to build a sedan chair, or a pair of rickshaws, for the flight crew to huck for 20 miles....

Lilly might be thinking like an officer, but Susie is acting like an NCO.
I'm getting mixed signals from this.
Does Agent Pratt want to investigate the alcove before going to meet the Director? That could mean a substantial delay in meeting the Director.
OTOH perhaps it's the decision itself that Brandi wants. The result would definitely be a window into her new agents' thinking processes.
My way of approaching the problem would be for Agent Pratt to immediately hoof it to meet the Director and leave Agent McBride to continue the investigation and report soonest.
But then again, I'm only human.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

DilyV wrote: That big bulge on their chest is from their ALSE (Aviation Life Support Equipment) vest. All aircrew wear them. I suspect that pouch in the front is insulated and packed with dry ice and salted caramel latte Popsicles...

*drops an empty good humor wrapper in the pun jar for that one*
1. I kinda suspected that.

2. Dang, now I kinda want one (a salted caramel latte popsicle).
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Sphinx-Napped wrote:I think the pilot forgot to "put on his face" this morning, how else would you recognize his mug if he didn't put on his face this morning..

Drops a mortician's make-up kit in the pun jar
Like his grandmother Elenor, he probably keeps in in a jar by the door. Too much in a hurry that morning.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Uh... Mesa Verde (the one in Colorado) is about 1,249 km away from Mapimi.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:Uh... Mesa Verde (the one in Colorado) is about 1,249 km away from Mapimi.
The shitty mosquitoes and their minions aren't at Mapimi - Katharine and Atsali came out a Library exit near Mesa Verde, and that's where this spectacularly-competent MiB detachment tracked them down.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

I now have a good reason to suspect that this entire exercise is Brandi's plan. She is obviously watching them all closely. after all, normally she would 'poit' in and give no warning not bother with a well timed phone call. This is looking more and more like a way to cure her broken soldiers (Lily and Katherine), get the strong (but with SERIOUS self control problems) one (Suzie) to take control of things (She was already doing some of that in stopping new vamps by caring about the forgotten), and getting the foundling (Atsali) to see the truth behind her literary world and maybe gain a real family. :o
Did I just make them into literary archetypes??? :shock:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »