Kicked In The Face 2013-03-04

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Grantwhy

Re: Kicked In The Face 2013-03-04

Post by Grantwhy »

shadowinthelight wrote:Atsali is not a Siren. She's a chicken.
shadowinthelight wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Are you gonna react calmly and collectedly?
Just referring to her feathers in a ruffle and roosting on Kath. That, and she's wearing a disguise to look human, guys. ;)
and to be fair, Atsali wouldn't be the first disguise themselves as human

anyone who worked out who that link refers to can go get themselves a cookie (or biscuit or other treat).

bonus link

ps: shadowinthelight gets two cookies for making the connection before I did.
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
eee

Post by eee »

How are they able to see? They're buried underground, under tons of rubble in an alcove (which is apparently MUCH larger on the inside than it looked from the outside). They should be in absolute darkness...

And I'm not sure Kath is going to survive being around Atsali much longer.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

illiad wrote:
zachariah wrote:
Notice that Atsi never apologized for kicking Kath? Just said that it's what she does when surprised. Kath should kick her somewhere and say the same thing.
um, bottom left panel.... :)
That is Kath commenting on the giant spider she has just seen carved into the wall, not getting back at Atsi.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
nerf-dweller

Post by nerf-dweller »

sheik wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:Atsali is not a Siren. She's a chicken.
Not only is she a chicken, but Kath can be thankful that she's even less than a bantamweight.
I don't think Atsali is a bantamweight. Remember Atsali flew and carried a full grown adult human through the Library. I think Katherine dodged yet another bad outcome.

Hmm. Dodging bad outcomes... That could be Katherine's schtick.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Grantwhy wrote:anyone who worked out who that link refers to can go get themselves a cookie (or biscuit or other treat).
Other than Clint Eastwood, you mean? I thought the spaghetti-western spit-take after the High Plains Drifter reference was a particularly nice touch. :lol:
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

They are seeing from the glowing light of the giant spiders eight eyes. *shudder
Wdot's curse word dictionary:
Bitch /biCH/n. isn't a swear word in and of itself. It is the proper term for a female canine like cow is used for female bovines. Used professionally without laughing in the AKC show circuit. It only becomes reprehensible when directed at a human female, as in: "What a bitch!" Due to the Hays' commission it could only be referenced in movies for the longest time. Joan Crawford used it this way: "'And by the way, there's a name for you ladies, but it isn't used in high society - outside of a kennel.'" It is only accurate if the woman has slept with your best friend, taken your house, your classic Corvette, and your entire baseball card collection and laughed about it in public; then and only then can it be used and then only once. Your female friends, however, may use it frequently and vehemently when directed at her. When directed at a guy as in "You son-of-a-bitch!" it is a two fer. You've insulted his mother AND him by calling his mother a dog and inferring from that HE is also a dog. Yeah, it doesn't usually go over too well. It is currently unknown how werewolves feel about the term. I've never used the term except when referring to female canines or as a general expletive due to injury. v. to complain incessantly.
Katherine has used it properly in this instance. (I did this because I knew the Joan Crawford quote and thought it was classy, like her.)
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

I just love the detail in the background suggesting a. Much. LARGER. Carving in the rock.
(I can't resist) Its a good thing this all didn't take place in caverns by the Seashore...Otherwise Katherine would be looking at a Rock LOBSTAH! :lol: *sorry*
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Masterof7s wrote:Okay, I'm sorry, but did Katherine just say she DODGED a collapsing multi-floor complex? What kind of matrix-style shenanigans has this girl got goin' on?

Does she also walk between raindrops as well?
I think she's speaking metaphorically, as in "dodged a bullet" (which, so far, only Monica has a demonstrated ability to do IRL).
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:
Masterof7s wrote:Okay, I'm sorry, but did Katherine just say she DODGED a collapsing multi-floor complex? What kind of matrix-style shenanigans has this girl got goin' on?

Does she also walk between raindrops as well?
I think she's speaking metaphorically, as in "dodged a bullet" (which, so far, only Monica has a demonstrated ability to do IRL).
On the other hand, we have been shown today that Katherine probably doesn't have the ability to dodge a pullet.

(Drops a golden egg into the Pun Jar)
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

My Ma, she had medical training to be an EMT, was a Dental Assistant, part-time Nurse, and a farm girl. She saw some really gruesome things in her life, and never blinked. But if a spider, or flying bug got near her, she pretty much reacted like young siren here.
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

Apropos of nothing much, I'm reminded of an old poster for an insect exhibit at the Toronto Natural History Museum: "Go to the museum, and step on it."
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Lee M wrote:Apropos of nothing much, I'm reminded of an old poster for an insect exhibit at the Toronto Natural History Museum: "Go to the museum, and step on it."
There was an arachnids display at Fernbank Science Center here in Atlanta (I think it had scorpions as well as spiders.), and it had a nicely creepy promo tag ... but i can't remember it.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber