Ninja bookends

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

MerchManDan

Re: Ninja bookends

Post by MerchManDan »

I'd totally go for wall-mounted shelves in every room of my place, except I rent an apartment & all that drilling would be frowned upon by the caretakers, at best.
shadowinthelight wrote:Saw an old 3-level bookshelf for sale today with a flip up glass door shielding each level. It would not be practical but technically possible to build a whole library that way.
Oh yeah, lawyers' cabinets. I've always wanted some of those (and a roll-top desk, for some reason), myself.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

If I was any closer to somewhere else than I am, I'd come over for a weekend shelf-O-rama. They're easy to make...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Julie

Post by Julie »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:Just noticed the floor pattern...Doorway from somewhere we're familiar with?
A Tom Petty music video?
Goddammit shadowinthelight!! That music video used to give me nightmares as a child. :( I could have gone without the reminder of its epic creepiness.
MerchManDan wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:Saw an old 3-level bookshelf for sale today with a flip up glass door shielding each level. It would not be practical but technically possible to build a whole library that way.
Oh yeah, lawyers' cabinets. I've always wanted some of those (and a roll-top desk, for some reason), myself.
I've looked into getting some lawyer's cabinets for my old books, but while I live in apartments I just have to manage with the shelving they already have and my antique French cabinet-turned-bookcase...which is FAR from adequate. *sigh* I need to save up for a down payment on a house SO badly...
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

lake_wrangler wrote:I'm more inclined to simply fill the bookshelf enough that there's no room for the books to fall off... :P
I know, I know... top shelf of an open-type book shelf, or a single shelf, etc...
*clap, clap*
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

MerchManDan wrote:I'd totally go for wall-mounted shelves in every room of my place, except I rent an apartment & all that drilling would be frowned upon by the caretakers, at best.
My granddad had a couple of those in his study; i think my brother Jim has 'em, down at the dogtrot house.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber