My Quota 2016-09-20

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Re: My Quota 2016-09-20

Post by AmriloJim »

FreeFlier wrote:I just noticed something else, a bit disturbing . . . also concerning . . . they're both referring to him as the sub, not as Mr. Peterson or even Dean . . .

--FreeFlier
Sub as in 'short for substitute'. Jeez, get your mind out of the gutter.

/flrrd/
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

AmriloJim wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:I just noticed something else, a bit disturbing . . . also concerning . . . they're both referring to him as the sub, not as Mr. Peterson or even Dean . . .

/flrrd/
Not that . . . It's the objectification that's a concern. They're not treating him like a person.

--FreeFlier
illiad

Post by illiad »

Yes, 'rampant hormones' making them lose their mind, so animal instinct takes over..
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

It was mostly in the forums, not in the comic. Mad speculation of why Didi "couldn't".
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:It was mostly in the forums, not in the comic. Mad speculation of why Didi "couldn't".
I didn't follow the fora. That would explain shy i wasn't aware of it.

And some women have to learn...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

FreeFlier wrote:
AmriloJim wrote:

/flrrd/
Not that . . . It's the objectification that's a concern. They're not treating him like a person.

--FreeFlier
...ok, it's the same thing as saying "the principal" or "the teacher" or "the dean".

That's his job title. He's a sub.

I'm not fresh outta high school anymore, but I remember doing this. Especially with substitute teachers, because I couldn't remember their damned names to save my life.

This isn't objectification, it's referring to someone by their professional title.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

AmriloJim wrote:Sub as in 'short for substitute'. Jeez, get your mind out of the gutter.

/flrrd/
FreeFlier wrote:Not that . . . It's the objectification that's a concern. They're not treating him like a person.
GlytchMeister wrote:...ok, it's the same thing as saying "the principal" or "the teacher" or "the dean".

That's his job title. He's a sub.

I'm not fresh outta high school anymore, but I remember doing this. Especially with substitute teachers, because I couldn't remember their damned names to save my life.

This isn't objectification, it's referring to someone by their professional title.
Except that Abbie at least darn well should remember . . . and she's not even trying.

I've been out of high school for more than 40 years, and I still remember all of my regular teachers' names. And they all start with Mr., Mrs., Miss or (occasionally) Ms.

--FreeFlier
illiad

Post by illiad »

FreeFlier: what, not even a 'teen crush' for one of the really nice women???

I bet you would have felt different if ALL the teachers were dowdy men, and then this attractive lady 'sub' comes in.... :D
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

illiad wrote:FreeFlier: what, not even a 'teen crush' for one of the really nice women???

I bet you would have felt different if ALL the teachers were dowdy men, and then this attractive lady 'sub' comes in.... :D
That's pretty much what happened after they "fired" the first home ec teacher for sex with a student . . . the replacements for her and for the retiring business teacher were both attractive young women just out of college on their first teaching jobs, and I was a junior . . . I still remember their names.

--FreeFlier
illiad

Post by illiad »

:D

Other way round in UK... recent story of 40 ish teacher doing a student... I was in school in the 70s.. totally different back then....:\
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

This teacher was in her 30s, I think . . . ridiculously old, or so I thought at the time.

She wasn't the only one, either, but the lesbian the district wasn't allowed to to anything about.

--FreeFlier
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

I did grades 3 to 8 in the parish parochial school. We were sure the nuns went to high school with Martin Luther and were still holding a grudge because he wouldn't ask them to the prom.

But in seventh grade, we had a lay teacher *snerk*, an underpaid young woman who was timefully fond of white go-go boots in a town where at least half of the households were heated with coal. Now, I think she got off on discomfiting us shameful little wankers. :mrgreen:

The next year, there was an underpaid young male lay teacher, also a sports stringer for the local paper. Someone started a very evil rumor (which we found hilariously unbelievable) that he was trying to screw an attractive but fearsome girl in my class, from an upcoming family of lawyers.

About 10 years ago, a misguided parishioner who never attended the school herself sent out an alumni questionnaire. One of the questions was about any special memories from those years.

My father still goes to Mass there, so I just said "Arguing with the nuns." My cousin, a classmate who didn't bother to return the form, about choked on his coffee when I told him I considered telling them, "The time somebody started this rumor . . . ." :twisted:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Sounds like St Godzilla's in 9 Chickweed Lane...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Class...

Class...

Class...

SHUT UP!!!
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Dave wrote:Class...

Class...

Class...

WAKE UP!!!
I gotta go to the can, man.