Ever Violent 2016-05-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Re: Ever Violent 2016-05-16

Post by DilyV »

Well, I HAVE TO SAY THAT IF Atsali didn't know that was nadette, there are going to be tense times between them... However, Nadette's object lesson to Abby and Devyn couldn't me more succinct...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Alkarii wrote:Are we sure Atsali knew that's Nadette? I don't see Atsali killing a bear if she has any option to do otherwise, even if she's in that form. After all, Nadette was sitting there talking as a bear.
Fairly sure she didn't know.

Saw a big ol' bear menacing/attacking her friends, reacted without thought - like with Tsillah.
DilyV wrote:Well, I HAVE TO SAY THAT IF Atsali didn't know that was nadette, there are going to be tense times between them... However, Nadette's object lesson to Abby and Devyn couldn't me more succinct...
This actually underscores Atsali's inability to "read" emotions as well.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

jwhouk wrote:The feet and tail... don't look quite right...
Both sides of her heritage are manifesting at the same time. There's going to be some blended traits, such as the now pointed ears, the feet, tail, and the wings looking a bit different.

I wonder if she's got horns. They'd be off screen if she does.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Alkarii wrote:Don't forget the safeword!

Are we sure Atsali knew that's Nadette? I don't see Atsali killing a bear if she has any option to do otherwise, even if she's in that form. After all, Nadette was sitting there talking as a bear.

Saw a big ol' bear menacing/attacking her friends, reacted without thought - like with Tsillah.
A little different - Tsillah and Tsillah's mom were both startle reactions.

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

FreeFlier wrote:
Alkarii wrote:Don't forget the safeword!

Are we sure Atsali knew that's Nadette? I don't see Atsali killing a bear if she has any option to do otherwise, even if she's in that form. After all, Nadette was sitting there talking as a bear.

A little different - Tsillah and Tsillah's mom were both startle reactions.

--FreeFlier
Same "Hit now, investigate later" adrenaline- fuelled impulse, though. Main difference is a little more time to strategise and fully shift to Warbird.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Hmmm . . . given Devyn's comment about being able to kill everyone in a ten-block area and her uncle's powers . . . is it going to be Devyn that puts a stop to the fight?

And why am I envisioning Atsali and Nadette in the ER getting bandaged up a la "best slumber party ever!" while their moms chew them out?

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

FreeFlier wrote:Hmmm . . . given Devyn's comment about being able to kill everyone in a ten-block area and her uncle's powers . . . is it going to be Devyn that puts a stop to the fight?
That's a good thought! From what we've seen, Devyn is perfectly capable of summoning up about a million gallons of cold seawater from that fjord right over yonder :arrow: and dumping it on the two combatants. She might even be to wash the two apart, with tsunami in different directions.
And why am I envisioning Atsali and Nadette in the ER getting bandaged up a la "best slumber party ever!" while their moms chew them out?
I'm wondering whether broken necks and shattered skulls will be sufficiently helped via bandaging. Those are not light-weight blows the two are exchanging.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Nadette is a shapeshifter. She can turn into a balloon animal. Her body doesn't work like anything I am prepared to even try to explain.

If she can turn into a twisted balloon and back (and maintain the power of speech), I don't think she CAN be hurt... And if she can sustain damage, she can probably just shape-shift it away. Healing is just repair, and she has a much faster way to repair damage.

Atsali has a healing factor. Not quite on the same level as Wolverine, but it's there. In most fiction, people with healing factors don't have to worry about getting casts - they set their bones correctly on their own, sometimes complete with the sickening crunch, sometimes not.

I don't really know how this is gonna turn out, but I've got my popcorn.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Someone mentioned, on Friday, I think, that Nadette may have had her own episode of unintentionally hurting someone, and she wants to spare Atsali the grief of such an ordeal (I'm too lazy to look up who said that... :roll: :P )

Given Nadette's quick response to Atsali's blow, I would not be surprised if that was indeed the case. That had all the earmarks of an ingrained, instinctual response. Something like that may very well have happened before, with the one difference being that the recipient of such a reaction may not have been as able to take it as Atsali is.
Dave

Post by Dave »

GlytchMeister wrote:Nadette is a shapeshifter. She can turn into a balloon animal. Her body doesn't work like anything I am prepared to even try to explain.

If she can turn into a twisted balloon and back (and maintain the power of speech), I don't think she CAN be hurt...
In the "best sleepover" incident, Nadette did take some damage which required (or at least seemed to call for) some bandages.

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/best-sleepover-ever/

So, it appears that her shapeshifting ability does not imply complete invulnerability. And, we know she's not immune to organic poisons such as hydroxyethane.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

lake_wrangler wrote:Someone mentioned, on Friday, I think, that Nadette may have had her own episode of unintentionally hurting someone, and she wants to spare Atsali the grief of such an ordeal (I'm too lazy to look up who said that... :roll: :P )

Given Nadette's quick response to Atsali's blow, I would not be surprised if that was indeed the case. That had all the earmarks of an ingrained, instinctual response. Something like that may very well have happened before, with the one difference being that the recipient of such a reaction may not have been as able to take it as Atsali is.
Yeah, and everyone that we've seen Atsali get violent with (except for that one would-be murderer in one of the fanfics) COULD take it. In fact, two of them we've seen beheaded and still talking.

(Some people are really hard to get to shut up.)
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I've seen that foot on an Australian flightless bird similar to an ostrich but larger (and extinct).
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.