The Chase 04 2015-09-24

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
TazManiac

Re: The Chase 04 2015-09-24

Post by TazManiac »

Thin Mints don't thrill me, I'd rather have;

Samoas
Tagalongs
Do-si-dos and
Trios

and I've never tried
Thanks-a-lot
but they are 'on the list' now...

Wow, check out the FAQ (Freq Asked Questions) page http://www.girlscouts.org/program/gs_cookies/faq.asp
Why don't you offer cookies that are whole wheat, wheat free, non-dairy, dairy free, sugar free, casein free, organic, low carb, low calorie, low fat, non-fat, fat free, etc...?
Cause they are COOKIES! damn it!
Raventhorne

Post by Raventhorne »

Opus the Poet wrote:OK, so where does the "little monsters" come from?

And $20K/an is a lot of money even for 10 boxes of Thin Mints a week. That's only 520 boxes of cookies, or $38.46/box...
10 boxes every week for a year
besides those thin mints are superb, but me and the wife have addiction to them and Samoas
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Avenger_Reloaded wrote:What the frell is in those things anyway?
This cannot be normal thin mints by any stretch. Particularly the "fresh stock"comment had me blinking at the monitor this late at night... :?:
Actually, the "fresh stock" is prolly the major cost factor. GSA only sells the cookies for eight weeks every Feb-Mar. Does ABC bake all year and stockpile during the "off-season" or do they gear up now for the coming blitz? If the former, it's getting special shipments out of the stockpile... the latter, custom baking sessions.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Julie wrote:Who called Girl Scouts? :) I don't think I'd ever be willing to pay that much for cookies. I mean, I love my Girl Scout cookies as much as most people (if not more...it's a miracle I wasn't a chubby child for all the cookies I ate as a scout)...but $10k or $20k? Hell no! :P
... that was me- knowing Monica's lust for high-ticket junk food and surmising the headgear of the three profiles... but if there are any witnesses, and this gets back to Phix...

of course, there is the issue of two paranormals tracking and stalking three girl scouts using their inhuman skills... and STILL having them get the drop on 'em... if, as an ex-ranger, I was attempting the same maneuver on boy scouts and failed, I would never hear the end of it
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Armorlord

Post by Armorlord »

I'm partial to Caramel Delights myself.
I did not guess this one, nor did I know that Caramel Delights are also called Samoas depending on the manufacturer, or that "deLite" is somehow the spelling. How did I know so little about my favorite cookie? (Probably by focusing on the contents and never reading the box.) What is happening to my world?! Up is down, left is right!?
Cats and dog living together, mass hysteria!

..and now I'm hungry for cookies.
But I must stay strong, I am not budgeted for overpriced yet delicious GC cookies, I'm budgeted for overpriced yet delicious festival bridies.
"Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience." -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

All that for cookies? Phix is going to have an aneurism.

... or demand a percentage.
Last edited by Aleister Crow on Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
eee

Post by eee »

OMG, they're going up against Girl Scouts. 80,000 year old demi-god Sphinx and sub-Titan Jaguar Girl or not, they have no chance. :shock:

I can't eat Girl Scout cookies. Well, I CAN, but I get killer heartburn afterwards. You can only chew so many Tums to try to put out the fire before you get as sick of them as the mints.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Sgt. Howard wrote:...of course, there is the issue of two paranormals tracking and stalking three girl scouts using their inhuman skills... and STILL having them get the drop on 'em... if, as an ex-ranger, I was attempting the same maneuver on boy scouts and failed, I would never hear the end of it
Considering the total lack of shock at Monica and Shelly's arrival style, and the fact that the one knows not only who Monica is but where she lives, i'm betting these three are part of a troop associated with Gryphon High and are paras themselves.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

"Truth, As Far As It Goes"
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

oldmanmickey wrote:humm, dont think i would go for the thin mints at that price. now if it was them lemon glazed cookies we might could deal
I love the Savannah smiles, and if you toss in a box or ten of thin mints with a case of those...
T'Renn wrote:Or Keebler Grasshopper cookies are fairly close.
Not even close
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

TazManiac wrote:Thin Mints don't thrill me, I'd rather have;

Samoas
Tagalongs
Do-si-dos and
Trios

and I've never tried
Thanks-a-lot

Wow, check out the FAQ (Freq Asked Questions) page http://www.girlscouts.org/program/gs_cookies/faq.asp
Why don't you offer cookies that are whole wheat, wheat free, non-dairy, dairy free, sugar free, casein free, organic, low carb, low calorie, low fat, non-fat, fat free, etc...?
Cause they are COOKIES! damn it!
Celiac's, lactose intolerant, diabetic...they deserve cookies too, yanno.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Amethyst Shadow

Post by Amethyst Shadow »

If I had that kind of money to throw around and could get that deal with Samoas, I would
"There is no true equity of power. There is only more and less."
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

Because this topic has come up before, multiple times, on multiple web comics, 'cause cookies, I am totally convinced I know something about this. Apparently, so I am told, the bakeries that make the cookies for the GS, make them for sale the rest of the year, under different names, regionally. I have not confirmed this, personally because I am trying to loose weight andIcannotbegoodifIfindaregularsourceofcoconutandcaramelgoodnesssoIdon'tlookdon'ttemptmedon'ttemptme...
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

DinkyInky wrote: Celiac's, lactose intolerant, diabetic...they deserve cookies too, yanno.
Yeah, I know, in fact my youngest Sister was Type II/childhood onset, so (us siblings) we got to try out and approve of all kinds of (surprisingly yummy) sugar free candies, etc.

I was just tripp'n over the web site's FAQ level of detail of inclusiveness and I seem to have had a reaction...
Last edited by TazManiac on Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Julie

Post by Julie »

TazManiac wrote:Thin Mints don't thrill me, I'd rather have;

Samoas
Tagalongs
Do-si-dos and
Trios

and I've never tried
Thanks-a-lot
I love me some Thin Mints (usually when crumbled over Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream), but I also tend to prefer Samoas and Tagalongs for my general cookie consumption purposes. My dad always ordered Do-si-dos when I sold the cookies, but that was because Mom and I rarely ever touched them, and he was essentially guaranteed a full box of cookies all to himself. :roll:

Now...if, as several people are projecting, the $20k is buying 10 cases of cookies every week for a full year? That's 12 boxes per case (at least for Thin Mints), so 120 boxes per week, or 6240 boxes in a year...and the most recent price for cookies per box (that I've found) is $4/box...which would put Monica at a bargain price since that adds up to $24,960...plus she's getting the delivered to her home? If I had the disposable income...and the metabolism to process 3840 cookies each week (assuming 32 cookies per box based on the serving size and servings per box info for Thin Mints)...then yeah, I'd drop $20k to get 10 cases per week for a year. :P If all she's getting truly is 10 boxes per week, then she's paying 10 times more than they're worth, and her junk food addiction is well and truly out of control. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

I eas still hoping for another epic storyline like the stone calander, or the lost spider.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Julie

Post by Julie »

Gyrrakavian wrote:I eas still hoping for another epic storyline like the stone calander, or the lost spider.
Well, this comic is advertised as a "slice of (supernatural) life"...and life is very rarely back to back adventures. :) Lucky for us the most intriguing stories are sometimes the ones where people manage to pick themselves up by their bootstraps and face the day.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

jeffepp wrote:Because this topic has come up before, multiple times, on multiple web comics, 'cause cookies, I am totally convinced I know something about this. Apparently, so I am told, the bakeries that make the cookies for the GS, make them for sale the rest of the year, under different names, regionally. I have not confirmed this, personally because I am trying to loose weight andIcannotbegoodifIfindaregularsourceofcoconutandcaramelgoodnesssoIdon'tlookdon'ttemptmedon'ttemptme...
Family Dollar. Family Gourmet Fudge Mint Cookies. EXACT. SAME. THING.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

... I don't even need to open that attachment know what it is.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin