You Know Me 2016-11-11

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: You Know Me 2016-11-11

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Alkarii wrote:I think you're on to something there. Quite possibly to protect Castela as well.

Someone would demand extensive testing of both of them, which would not be good to do to anyone after something terrible like this, especially a child. It's obvious they have some sort of bond, and the tests would be to see how deep that goes. So it would likely involve, at some point, whether one can sense an injury to the other, as well as how protective Castela would be of Atsali.
You could use up a bunch of mooks that way.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
sheik

Post by sheik »

It would seem that a Wapsi entity is somehow assigned a humanoid form and at the time of the raid this had not been done for Castela.
Castela is certainly capable of understanding English at this point albeit in a limited way, but she may have had a particularly hard time mastering her bipedal form.
I have to wonder how the Paranormals get their template.
Dave

Post by Dave »

sheik wrote:I have to wonder how the Paranormals get their template.
Immediately after their stasis pods crash-land, the survival gear does a sensor sweep and picks out the nearest lifeform to use as a template. :twisted:
AnotherFairportfan

sheik wrote:I have to wonder how the Paranormals get their template.
For most of them it seems to be inherent.

But Castela is created, not born or bred - she has to learn.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
chicgeek

Post by chicgeek »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/ancient-guardians/ When Cricket told Castela about the lab.
Where she says, 'they weren't in a lab, they were my parents!'-maybe that's vague memories of Atsali's parents?
And Atsali doesn't remember the 'widdle pwant' from that time. She's probably buried and repressed so much from then. I wonder how she would fare, seeing what the library is showing Castela. Not that I want her to see that! It seems like she didn't see either of her parent's deaths, thank goodness. But I'd like to see her remember proto-Castella.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

chicgeek wrote:And Atsali doesn't remember the 'widdle pwant' from that time. She's probably buried and repressed so much from then.
Most people into or past their teenage years remember little to nothing from when they were A'sawi's age.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Warrl wrote:
chicgeek wrote:And Atsali doesn't remember the 'widdle pwant' from that time. She's probably buried and repressed so much from then.
Most people into or past their teenage years remember little to nothing from when they were A'sawi's age.
And if they do remember something, it's just bits without context, like an old dark-brown two-story house in a snowy field, and a huge tropical clam shell.

--FreeFlier
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Or a very ugly lamp with shag carpeting.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Or an oxygen tent, and a matchbox/hotwheel sized skidoo toy...
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Armorlord wrote:Still feels like something is off, sleeping Atsali in not nearly as broken as we see later and Castela was reported as being elsewhere.
At this point, she doesn't have any reason to be. The worst that has happened, as far as she knows, is that she's stuck in the family room, somebody has made holes in Daddy's chair, and she's made a mess on the floor. She's probably feeling confused about the first two and guilty about the latter (and, given how messed up psychological workings can be, hopefully she won't associate her guilt about breaking her potty training to her losing her parents). Right now her main fear is probably explaining things to her parents.
Warrl wrote:What I'm thinking, though, is that unless Widdle Pwant was already trying to create a solid-ish animate form (like preschool-Castela), there's no way it was big enough to wrap around A'sawi like that. So maybe, at that time, there were TWO plants - a large one and a small one.
Mass and volume aren't the same thing; she could be changing density. Given that paranormals seem to be stronger than humans (remember Atsali casually flying off with full-grown Katherine), widdle pwant Castela who was being carried around by Atsali could be rather solid.

Or Castela can somehow gain matter in the same way that others do when they gain wings or grow to sphinx size or whatever. Size seems to be rather fluid whenever paranormals get involved.
AnotherFairportfan

Catawampus wrote:Or Castela can somehow gain matter in the same way that others do when they gain wings or grow to sphinx size or whatever. Size seems to be rather fluid whenever paranormals get involved.
Belisario's Maxim
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Belisario's Maxim
Was his .303 calibre, or .577?
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Catawampus wrote:
Armorlord wrote:Still feels like something is off, sleeping Atsali in not nearly as broken as we see later and Castela was reported as being elsewhere.
At this point, she doesn't have any reason to be. The worst that has happened, as far as she knows, is that she's stuck in the family room, somebody has made holes in Daddy's chair, and she's made a mess on the floor. She's probably feeling confused about the first two and guilty about the latter (and, given how messed up psychological workings can be, hopefully she won't associate her guilt about breaking her potty training to her losing her parents). Right now her main fear is probably explaining things to her parents.
A'sawi is probably a bit scared because she can't reach mom or dad.
Warrl wrote:What I'm thinking, though, is that unless Widdle Pwant was already trying to create a solid-ish animate form (like preschool-Castela), there's no way it was big enough to wrap around A'sawi like that. So maybe, at that time, there were TWO plants - a large one and a small one.
That could be, though I think it unlikely at this point.
Catawampus wrote:Mass and volume aren't the same thing; she could be changing density. Given that paranormals seem to be stronger than humans (remember Atsali casually flying off with full-grown Katherine), widdle pwant Castela who was being carried around by Atsali could be rather solid.

Or Castela can somehow gain matter in the same way that others do when they gain wings or grow to sphinx size or whatever. Size seems to be rather fluid whenever paranormals get involved.
Not to mention Atsali's seven-foot-tall form, or the instantaneous appearance of her bosom . . .

--FreeFlier
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Catawampus wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Belisario's Maxim
Was his .303 calibre, or .577?
It was a variant of the Russian 1910 in 7.62x54R
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.