Why Are You Looking 2016-10-28

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Armorlord

Re: Why Are You Looking 2016-10-28

Post by Armorlord »

Dave wrote:In either case, the organization did not react gently when it learned of their rebellion (and, I infer, their decision to abscond with the young Blackthorn child). Rather than gas them into submission and take them captive, the organization sent a team of assassins. I guess there was no room at the hotel in Portmerion.
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/never-be-a-weapon/
The lingering questions for me from that flashback revolve around that they succeeded in keeping both out of the shadow group's hands. Somewhere along the line, someone stopped the last of the assassins and tipped off MiB, but who?
"Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience." -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Reading the strip again this morning I find there is an interesting thought process going on in Castela's head... She's actually stopped in the middle of typing in search parameters and thought back on what she said to Atsali so long ago... I'm not so sure that its as much feeling bad about hurting Atsali with her words as it is realizing how bad she herself must have looked to Atsali at that moment.

She's what, ten now? Still in that selfish age where children think everything revolves around them... I'm not sure how its going to go if Pickle finds out that Atsali's parents were killed because of her... that they died defending her. Not to mention how Pickle might feel when she realizes that maybe being abandoned might not be as bad as seeing your mother's lifeless corpse shortly after being assassinated (albeit after one hell of a fight).

I'm still not so sure that Castela's parents role in this mess has been delineated. Was Castela given up? Was she taken? Were Castela's parents killed off screen so to speak and she was just told that they left and abandoned her to engender feelings more conducive to becoming a weapon? Whatever happened, if Castela is allowed to keep digging she's going to find out some things about herself (and Atsali) that perhaps are best left buried.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Also, not to change the subject but if I remember correctly, Cricket is a Foxglove, right? Does that mean that Lorraine Foxglove is Cricket's mom? And just how high up are they in the MiB that her and Cassi McGuire can make decisions like this and execute them (the plans, not the shadow govt... Well, okay, not only the shadow govt) without oversight?

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/sick-snowman/

Has anyone ever done a character flow chart of all the characters of Wapsi Square showing the relationships? I know it was done for Atsali and friends... but has anything like that done for the adult cast?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Word of God is Lorraine is Cricket's aunt.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

lake_wrangler wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:And g'ma Lily just set a new land speed record getting to that study and out of there. I expect that the file in question is on her desk for Lily to "find". Now we just have to find out the answer to the question posed to the little stinkweed, the eternal why.
You really think so? I don't think she'll find anything in that study, be it kettle or otherwise. I think Phix was just tactfully (or maybe not so tactfully) saying she wanted a few words alone with Castela, which Lily was more than happy to oblige...
Could go either way, is why i love the waspiverse, so unpredictable
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
illiad

Post by illiad »

jeffepp wrote:A very polite way of saying "Go the #&@$# away".
Or a coded "you can go now, I got this.. :) "

and then Phix teaches 'morals' to Castela... (" you don't want to cause Atsali pain, do you??")
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

[Original oversharing redacted...]

Minimal reply: DillyV? Your Avatar has made me, for quite a while now, want to snuggle your neck. Um... For medicinal purposes.

Yeah, that's it, medicinal. Uh huh. (I didn't type that out loud, did I?...) OK, moving along-

That said, I reply with a certain respect for the fingers behind the screen, those that chose that particular icon but even More so for your most recent reply. Well done...
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Opus the Poet wrote:Word of God is Lorraine is Cricket's aunt.
Yeah, so far what I've figured out about Cricket's family is that her mother is the queen of whatever Fae clan she belongs to, her father is still around, and she has two aunts named Lorraine Foxglove (who can remotely decapitated people) and Antoinette Foxglove.
DilyV wrote:Has anyone ever done a character flow chart of all the characters of Wapsi Square showing the relationships? I know it was done for Atsali and friends... but has anything like that done for the adult cast?
Hmmm. . .that would either have to be a really big chart, or else it would probably have such a high density of connecting lines that you'd have a seizure trying to sort them all out.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I have a hard enough time with the Omnibus, myself.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Catawampus, it would indeed be a huge chart.
I threw this together as a formatting idea...
Untitled1-page-001.jpg
Untitled1-page-001.jpg (76.62 KiB) Viewed 5968 times
As I said, "threw" together... lotsa undefineds, but enough data to show 'Sali's relation info spans horizontally for those above her on the list and vertically for those below.