Eager Study Buddy 2016-08-30

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
TazManiac

Re: Eager Study Buddy 2016-08-30

Post by TazManiac »

PS- Further reinforcement that Scarlett is Fox-based, ie: 'Vulpine'
Dave

Post by Dave »

TazManiac wrote:
Dave wrote:She mentioned speaking Sumerian. She's obviously hoping that Timothy will immediately think of Ashurbanipal, and then think of ...
OK, toss another hint on the Barbie (sic), I'm drawing to an inside 'Blonde Moment' here...
The meta-topic here being the female anatomy... pronounce the name of the king I mentioned in the obvious way (per its traditional spelling in American English), and the last two syllables would be the subliminal hook. :twisted:
Thor

Post by Thor »

jwhouk wrote:
chicgeek wrote:He looks like a young Alan to me.
I was about to post the same thing.

Is Scarlet the Shelly to Castela's Lakshmi?
I think you both mean "Owen" not "Alan".
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Dave wrote:
TazManiac wrote:
Dave wrote:She mentioned speaking Sumerian. She's obviously hoping that Timothy will immediately think of Ashurbanipal, and then think of ...
OK, toss another hint on the Barbie (sic), I'm drawing to an inside 'Blonde Moment' here...
The meta-topic here being the female anatomy... pronounce the name of the king I mentioned in the obvious way (per its traditional spelling in American English), and the last two syllables would be the subliminal hook. :twisted:
Hah hah hah, and what I'm laughing at is myself; it took a few times through the filter to get you were talking about that place in the Himalayas- Nepal. (...home to eight of the world's ten tallest mountains). ahem.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Second look, Hammer Bunny is correct - OWEN is the one that our Timmy is channeling.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

TazManiac wrote:Hah hah hah, and what I'm laughing at is myself; it took a few times through the filter to get you were talking about that place in the Himalayas- Nepal. (...home to eight of the world's ten tallest mountains). ahem.
Well, that wasn't exactly what I was thinking of :lol: but it certainly works! After all, we're talking about Twin Peaks, where the vowels are not what they seem.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Dave wrote:She's obviously hoping that Timothy will immediately think of Ashurbanipal, and then think of ...
I think the lesser-known Assyrian prince, Ibalbashanipal, is more relevant.

(deposits copy of the Epic of Gilgamesh in the pun jar)
Last edited by Warrl on Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Dave wrote:
TazManiac wrote:Hah hah hah, and what I'm laughing at is myself; it took a few times through the filter to get you were talking about that place in the Himalayas- Nepal. (...home to eight of the world's ten tallest mountains). ahem.
Well, that wasn't exactly what I was thinking of :lol: but it certainly works! After all, we're talking about Twin Peaks, where the vowels are not what they seem.
Los Dos Tetons.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.