Cuddle Weather 2016-03-09

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
oldmanmickey

Re: Cuddle Weather 2016-03-09

Post by oldmanmickey »

GlytchMeister wrote:
Sarge, you're what, in your 60's? Lessee... If you bred at 18 and your kid bred at 18 you'd be a grandfather by 36-38.

*smirk*

Add 20ish years to make that 56-58. Sorry, bub, you're granddaddy material. In fact, if I had bred by 18, you'd be great-granddaddy material with a few years to spare.

:twisted:
you can hush any time now kiddo. my grandaughter graduates high school in a couple of months and we are praying she will wait till she finishes college to get married and present our first great grandchild. i dont turn 60 till 1-1-17. so my very young friend go out and play in the yard so you dont disturb your elders. lol
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Oh, crikey, did I sound like I was endorsing quick breeding?

Noooo. No no no no. I am fully in the "slow and steady" camp. Wait till you have a degree, job, house, and car before having kids.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
DoctorOverlord

Post by DoctorOverlord »

Great to see what's been happening with Bud and Kevin. They both deserve this!
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

GlytchMeister wrote:Oh, crikey, did I sound like I was endorsing quick breeding?

Noooo. No no no no. I am fully in the "slow and steady" camp. Wait till you have a degree, job, house, and car before having kids.
The degree isn't necessary if you have a good job. There are some very good jobs that don't require one, but they're in the trades, so people won't take them, which is just stupid.

I knew someone who was a grandmother at 32 . . . the only reason she remarried is her first husband died in an accident. Her daughter is still married to the same guy about 40 years later.

--FreeFlier
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

GlytchMeister wrote:Wait till you have a degree, job, house, and car before having kids.
Well, then I guess I should never have kids...

Just kidding! I seriously doubt I can tolerate someone enough to seriously think sex is a possibility, and I don't have the patience required to be a parent. Although... A lot of that stems from the fact that my sister's daughters are, well... My sister's daughters. Though I do feel sorry for the oldest, because the stepfather treats her like crap. He's not beating her or anything, but it's clear he doesn't like her. And not because she's not his biological kid, because her sister isn't his kid, either, but he's a lot nicer to her. A seven-year-old should not be responsible for the laundry of the entire household.

Wow, that went on longer than it should have...

But as for getting a degree... I haven't found any field that requires one that actually interests me. I'm not saying anything about the work in college, I'm talking about the field itself. About the only thing I might be interested in isn't available yet, as we haven't (officially, don't know for sure about unofficially yet) encountered alien life. I'd totally like to study extraterrestrials, whether it's biology or sociology or whatever.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Alkarii wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:Wait till you have a degree, job, house, and car before having kids.
Well, then I guess I should never have kids...

Just kidding! I seriously doubt I can tolerate someone enough to seriously think sex is a possibility, and I don't have the patience required to be a parent. Although... A lot of that stems from the fact that my sister's daughters are, well... My sister's daughters. Though I do feel sorry for the oldest, because the stepfather treats her like crap. He's not beating her or anything, but it's clear he doesn't like her. And not because she's not his biological kid, because her sister isn't his kid, either, but he's a lot nicer to her. A seven-year-old should not be responsible for the laundry of the entire household.

Wow, that went on longer than it should have...

But as for getting a degree... I haven't found any field that requires one that actually interests me. I'm not saying anything about the work in college, I'm talking about the field itself. About the only thing I might be interested in isn't available yet, as we haven't (officially, don't know for sure about unofficially yet) encountered alien life. I'd totally like to study extraterrestrials, whether it's biology or sociology or whatever.
I have a degree in commercial art and advertising. I work in surgery. Go figure.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Sgt. Howard wrote:I have a degree in commercial art and advertising. I work in surgery. Go figure.
The joke has been around for a long time...
What phrase is most often spoken by someone with a liberal arts degree?
"Would you like fries with that?"
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Sgt. Howard wrote:I have a degree in commercial art and advertising. I work in surgery. Go figure.
My daughter has a degree in psychology. With no formal training as a computer geek, she got a job as a computer geek doing tech support for a mental-health organization.

Makes her computer-geek dad proud. Also happy because it's safer than her former position as a "resident counselor" at a halfway house for allegedly-recovering druggies and other mentally-unstable people... pays better too.

(About a week and a half before she was invited to apply for the computer-geek position, she had to talk down and physically restrain a 6-foot-6, 280-pound man who was on a bad trip and trying to kill himself. She's barely 5 feet tall and weighed maybe 120 pounds. She told me the cops were standing there watching her and going "Damn, you're good at that!" while she was saying "Come help before I get hurt!")
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Warrl wrote:
My daughter has a degree in psychology. With no formal training as a computer geek, she got a job as a computer geek doing tech support for a mental-health organization.

Makes her computer-geek dad proud. Also happy because it's safer than her former position as a "resident counselor" at a halfway house for allegedly-recovering druggies and other mentally-unstable people... pays better too.

(About a week and a half before she was invited to apply for the computer-geek position, she had to talk down and physically restrain a 6-foot-6, 280-pound man who was on a bad trip and trying to kill himself. She's barely 5 feet tall and weighed maybe 120 pounds. She told me the cops were standing there watching her and going "Damn, you're good at that!" while she was saying "Come help before I get hurt!")
I think your daughter and I would get along swimmingly.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Y'all should meat my mom. She's short, out of shape, and over fifty... But she has all of her people convinced she used to be some kind of super-awesome-top-secret badder-than-seal-team-six assassin or something.

(Her only preexisting training was being my half-sister's mom... So I can almost understand the confusion)

She works with a former prison guard (a 6+ foot tall, 300ish pound woman who has waaaay more muscle than fat) known as "The Wall" or "Tank."

Mrs. Tank, when asked who is the best person to restrain a bonkers person who is being dangerous, will immediately point at my mom.
I'm too much!
Thor

Post by Thor »

GlytchMeister wrote:Y'all should meat my mom.
Such a straight line!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Thor wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:Y'all should meat my mom.
Such a straight line!
Tangential conversational offshoots are my spec- OOH LOOK A PENNY!
I'm too much!
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

AmriloJim wrote:
Actually, the survey results were unclear . . . "Paper or plastic?" was the other contender for the title.

--FreeFlier
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

FreeFlier wrote:
AmriloJim wrote:
Actually, the survey results were unclear . . . "Paper or plastic?" was the other contender for the title.

--FreeFlier
... here I always thought it was, "Table for four?"
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

AmriloJim wrote:The joke has been around for a long time...

FreeFlier wrote:Actually, the survey results were unclear . . . "Paper or plastic?" was the other contender for the title.
Sgt. Howard wrote:... here I always thought it was, "Table for four?"
That was a rather distant third.

Not as many job openings.

--FreeFlier