Arrogant Jackass Surgeon!!!

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Sgt. Howard

Arrogant Jackass Surgeon!!!

Post by Sgt. Howard »

no comment
Last edited by Sgt. Howard on Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Re: Arrogant Jackass Surgeon!!!

Post by GlytchMeister »

Next time he decides to be a dipshit, don't retaliate immediately. Wait until you cool down, then exact revenge in a cold and calculated manner:

Throw the book at him. If he breaks scrub before he's supposed to, make note of it. If he attempts to jeopardize the surgery by interfering with your work, make note of it. If he does ANYTHING that is unprofessional or against regulations, make note of it.

Then go to his boss, your boss, HR, and a surgeon you like and make your report as calmly as possible.

They will know you, and they will treat your complaint with extreme attention and care because you are calm: calm is out-of-character for you. They will immediately know you are done with his bullshit.

Then call whatever watchdog agency is in charge of making sure surgeons don't piss around and do stupid shit and report him. Maybe even report him to whatever medical malpractice insurance or whatever your hospital has.

Continue to do so until his superiors fire him or he decides to grow up.

(I am deeply disturbed that someone can become a surgeon and still be so immature as to pull pranks, stunts, and jokes on people who are still operating. That's how people end up with scalpels left inside their bodies.)
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

He'll hate you, but at least he won't dick around.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

The last time I had this level of arrogance to deal with, I had an attending deal with a third year resident who wouldn't listen to what I was telling him- he was putting a femoral nail in backwards, front facing to back. The attending corrected him and pointed out that he (the attending) considered me part of the teaching staff. I thought that was the end of it...
The asshole was waiting for me when I got off-shift at 11:30 PM. In the parking lot. No witnesses. 15 minutes later, I carried him and his 12 fractures into the ER. I commented that, "I found him out there... and didn't see anyone else,"- they didn't ask any further questions. Routine drug screen showed steroids... off the chart steroids. He was no longer on the program.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

A sixteen-year-old girl who I used to take care of sometimes was, when born, given her first health checkup by a surgeon who found something wrong with her heart. He took it upon himself to decide all on his own that the problem was fatal and that nobody else should be notified since he'd decided that there was nothing to be done about it. When her parents were taking her home from the hospital a day or two after she was born, her heart ruptured. She was immediately rushed back to the hospital and put on life support, but by that point a large part of her brain had been deprived of blood for too long. She lost basically all motor control of her body.

When the doctors looked at her heart, they immediately saw the birth defect that the surgeon had noticed. . .and also immediately saw that it was one that could have been quickly and easily treated before the heart had failed. If the surgeon had bothered to tell any of his colleagues about it, the girl wouldn't have had to go through life crippled.

The other doctors, the parents, and various supervisors were quite displeased with that surgeon, and there was much litigation that was still ongoing sixteen years later.