Who Does That - 2016-01-22

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
GlytchMeister

Re: Who Does That - 2016-01-22

Post by GlytchMeister »

TazManiac wrote:Glitch-miester
That's an interesting way to spell it :P Did your autocorrect do that?
TazManiac wrote:But the Glitch-miester has a simpler answer; transport existing snow overhead...
The simplest answer is probably the better one.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
illiad

Post by illiad »

TazManiac wrote:
illiad wrote:didnt you get my post?? :(
tepoz can only control alcohol, that turns snow into water... So you *dont* want him around... rain is worse than snow, anytime! :D

Yes, BUT- cooled Alcohol will freeze water, it's all a matter of degree.

But the Glitch-miester has a simpler answer; transport existing snow overhead...
You do realise that you need -173 F (-114C) to freeze pure alcohol?? (ethanol)

yes, you can freeze wine in the freezer, BUT that is only 3% or so...

Lets hope all is revealed on monday!... :P

and also, in case you missed it... :P
The weather has been playing tricks on monica *years* before she woke tepoz...
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/03292002/
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

GlytchMeister wrote:Tepoz doesn't need alcohol to poit stuff. All he had to do was poit a big chunk of snow out of Canada or Russia or Antarctica and I to the area directly above Monica.
Some folks in the US capitol would be happy to contribute the snow about now...
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

TazManiac wrote:
tepoz can only control alcohol, that turns snow into water... So you *dont* want him around... rain is worse than snow, anytime! :D

But the Glitch-miester has a simpler answer; transport existing snow overhead...
I have seen car engines running ethanol as fuel with frost caking the outside of the intake manifold after a race, and the radiator nearly boiling over because the engine was making heat from power faster than the cooling system could handle it. This engine was set up to run a little rich to reduce the cooling load on the radiator... :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

It has been demonstrated that Tepoz can control things containing 0.1% alcohol or less . . . 0.1% will not generate an appreciable drop in freezing point. (I'd guess less than 5F/3C . . . probably much less.)

--FreeFlier
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

GlytchMeister wrote:

I blame Charley Brown; "I before E, except after C..." the rest was poetic license...
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

TazManiac wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:

I blame Charley Brown; "I before E, except after C..." the rest was poetic license...
Don't worry... My entire name is pretty much poetic license. That's why I like it so much... I can go to any website and use it as my username. Nobody else uses it. It's very convenient.
I'm too much!
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

GlytchMeister wrote:That's an interesting way to spell it :P Did your autocorrect do that?
TazManiac wrote:I blame Charley Brown; "I before E, except after C..." the rest was poetic license...
" . . . unless it says A as in neighbor and weigh." Or it's in a proper name.
GlytchMeister wrote:Don't worry... My entire name is pretty much poetic license. That's why I like it so much... I can go to any website and use it as my username. Nobody else uses it. It's very convenient.
I'm the only FreeFlier I've ever run across.

On another forum we had someone who used UniqueUserName . . .

--FreeFlier
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

GlytchMeister wrote:Don't worry... My entire name is pretty much poetic license. That's why I like it so much... I can go to any website and use it as my username. Nobody else uses it. It's very convenient.
So far as I know, I'm the only lake_wrangler on the internet. I had that nickname before I came to the internet, and when I was trying to find an alias for my first email address, all the ones I was aiming at were already used, and I didn't want to add any number to the words to make them unique. Then I remembered that nickname. So whether using a dot, a hyphen, an underscore or no space at all, lake_wrangler is always available to me whenever I sign up somewhere new.
FreeFlier wrote:I'm the only FreeFlier I've ever run across.

--FreeFlier
I remember that. I've always wondered whether that was actually clever, or merely lazy (since that was the default text on that field, when filling out your info upon signing up...), or a bit of both.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

lake_wrangler wrote: . . .
FreeFlier wrote:. . .On another forum we had someone who used UniqueUserName . . .
I remember that. I've always wondered whether that was actually clever, or merely lazy (since that was the default text on that field, when filling out your info upon signing up...), or a bit of both.
I understood it was pretty much the usual: try to find one that wasn't taken, then try that as an irritated joke . . . and it worked.

--FreeFlier
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

FreeFlier wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote: . . .
FreeFlier wrote:. . .On another forum we had someone who used UniqueUserName . . .
I understood it was pretty much the usual: try to find one that wasn't taken, then try that as an irritated joke . . . and it worked.

--FreeFlier
Yeah, that makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was the case.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Opus the Poet wrote:
TazManiac wrote:

I have seen car engines running ethanol as fuel with frost caking the outside of the intake manifold after a race, and the radiator nearly boiling over because the engine was making heat from power faster than the cooling system could handle it. This engine was set up to run a little rich to reduce the cooling load on the radiator... :ugeek:
I think that has to do with a stronger reaction - the air being sucked in a great speed equals more cooling effect..... result with ethanol, more power, more heat...
If your engine :roll: :lol: is not strong enough, it just blows up!!
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

lake_wrangler wrote:I remember that. I've always wondered whether that was actually clever, or merely lazy (since that was the default text on that field, when filling out your info upon signing up...), or a bit of both.
FreeFlier wrote:I understood it was pretty much the usual: try to find one that wasn't taken, then try that as an irritated joke . . . and it worked.
lake_wrangler wrote:Yeah, that makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was the case.
That's pretty much how I wound up with FreeFlier - free-association trying to come up with something that wasn't taken.

We also had a boardie there whose username was John . . . obviously he'd been in the first generation!
illiad wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote: . . . I have seen car engines running ethanol as fuel with frost caking the outside of the intake manifold after a race, and the radiator nearly boiling over because the engine was making heat from power faster than the cooling system could handle it. This engine was set up to run a little rich to reduce the cooling load on the radiator... :ugeek:
I think that has to do with a stronger reaction - the air being sucked in a great speed equals more cooling effect..... result with ethanol, more power, more heat...
If your engine :roll: :lol: is not strong enough, it just blows up!!
It works on any engine: the cooler the intake charge, the denser it is and the more power you can make . . . I've seen a twenty-degree F drop in ambient temperature drop the dial (1/4-mile run times) by 5 seconds . . .

--FreeFlier
Last edited by FreeFlier on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

FreeFlier wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:That's an interesting way to spell it :P Did your autocorrect do that?
TazManiac wrote:I blame Charley Brown; "I before E, except after C..." the rest was poetic license...
" . . . unless it says A as in neighbor and weigh." Or it's in a proper name.
I'm the only FreeFlier I've ever run across.

--FreeFlier
I have been fortunate enough that I have been able to use my name in pretty much all my internet activity.: My G-mail, my WordPress, my Twitter addy...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Drowemos, creator of Exiern, was told he had to use some word as a user name...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Drowemos, creator of Exiern, was told he had to use some word as a user name...
Waitaminnit... Isn't that the Blade Bunny guy too?

*googlegoogle*

Ha! Yeah, I thought so!
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Drowemos, creator of Exiern, was told he had to use some word as a user name...
Waitaminnit... Isn't that the Blade Bunny guy too?

*googlegoogle*

Ha! Yeah, I thought so!
Totally not who I was thinking when you say blade bunny, Glytchie.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Yeah, no... The one I'm thinking of is the main character in a pretty much defunct webcomic. They got a different writer, and the story kinda went in a direction I wasn't too fond of, and then they decided to make a game or something?

*shrug*

I've pretty much stopped following it.
I'm too much!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I liked the way BB went.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.