All You Do 2015-02-04

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
zachariah

All You Do 2015-02-04

Post by zachariah »

DA DA DUM!

Tisallah is correct, the library does use people. It is heartless. It is ruthless. But why wouldn't it be? It has a purpose to gather knowledge and protect. Beyond that nothing matters. That is sad but knowledge does not require feelings, it is by far the most rigorous religion.

It is funny how long it take Thymbris to realize what her daughter said. lol. Sometimes the truth hurts.
Last edited by zachariah on Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Re: All You Do 2015-02-04

Post by AmriloJim »

All You Do
Ninja'd by seconds....
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

AmriloJim wrote:All You Do
Ninja'd by seconds....
It happens. That is why I make short ones first. Than go back and edit afterwards. It's a bit faster doing it that way. lol.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Sorry, Ma.. but you are a doofus. The intellectual equivalent to Homer Simpson... possibly not even THAT capable.

... so... now we know where Tsillah gets it from...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

zachariah wrote:
AmriloJim wrote:All You Do
Ninja'd by seconds....
It happens. That is why I make short ones first. Than go back and edit afterwards. It's a bit faster doing it that way. lol.
Yeah... I took the time to write and test the link (the previous-then-next icons had not yet become active).
Dave

Post by Dave »

I disagree. Thymbris isn't stupid. She's just done a little too much LDS over the past few millennia.

Takes the "Oh, wow!" factor to new heights, she does.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I see what you did there Library...

Just... ouch.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

I don't know that mom is stupid, just the opposite i believe. Enstien had to have people remind him of everything and was considered quite absent minded. In some cases he could well be thought of as an idiot savant, mom may fall in this category as well.

Besides lets be serious here, one did not look to a Viking Berserker for stimulating intellectual conversation, they were warriors who kicked ass. Mom may not be along to lead the pack, she is probably the guardian.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Thor

Post by Thor »

Takes one to know one, Tsillah.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Thor wrote:Takes one to know one, Tsillah.
I don't think she sees it, though...

I get the feeling that she has no idea that people see her as bubble-headed... but she had no difficulty seeing it in her mom...

It certainly wouldn't be the first time someone was blind to their own shortcomings, while seeing shortcomings in others...
Mat 7:3-5, English Standard Version, Words of Jesus in red wrote:(3)Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? (4) Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye? (5) You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

I find it hard to believe that in all the eons Tsillah, Nudge and their mom have been alive this is the first time dear sweet mommy has heard one of her daughters say that. In fact I would think it to be a daily occurrence. So common she would not even notice it anymore. In any event she is not stupid. She's more of a delightful dingbat. If I were impervious to the results of her mishaps, I would very much enjoy her company. Mind you, the joviality could wear a mite thin after the first hundred or so millennia. I would, nonetheless, presume her to be an endless fount of new variations on how to be hilariously destructive yet lovable and fun.
lake_wrangler wrote:It certainly wouldn't be the first time someone was blind to their own shortcomings, while seeing shortcomings in others...
Mat 7:3-5, English Standard Version, Words of Jesus in red wrote:(3)Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? (4) Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye? (5) You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.
In Tsillah's case it would be more like she needs to remove that log/pole up her butt and loosen up
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

DilyV wrote:I see what you did there Library....
Not 100% sure, but I think I do too.

If memory serves, the Library has a way of getting people to admit what they don't want to say; often, this is the only way to actually heal any rifts between loved ones. So the Big Boom served a dual purpose: Keeping Atsali & Nadette on their own, but also starting the process of healing a strained mother/daughter relationship. Tsillah finally flips out and says what she really feels, is remorseful, and finally confesses to Thymbris.
lake_wrangler wrote:I get the feeling that she has no idea that people see her as bubble-headed... but she had no difficulty seeing it in her mom...

It certainly wouldn't be the first time someone was blind to their own shortcomings, while seeing shortcomings in others...
I think it's quite the opposite: Tsillah is fully aware that people see her as a doofus, and she blames Thymbris for it. All those years of resentment, trying NOT to live up to the family name - remember who Tsillah's big sister is - that can really grate on a person.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

I wonder how her Daddy handled the things Thymbris would do on a day-to-day basis?
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

kingklash wrote:I wonder how her Daddy handled the things Thymbris would do on a day-to-day basis?
He wouldn't make any bones about it.

They are already dead so what more could she do to them? Her job is likely managing the purgatory clerks and filing system. Souls end up waiting for the paperwork to be completed. that way her skills become an asset!
Dave

Post by Dave »

zachariah wrote:Her job is likely managing the purgatory clerks and filing system. Souls end up waiting for the paperwork to be completed. that way her skills become an asset!
Hmmm. I wonder what the chances would be of her committing some sort of Misfile.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Alternatively ... Tsillah may, at long last, be starting to grow up.

And that can be a painful process both for the grow-ee and for those nearby.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

zachariah wrote:Tisallah is correct, the library does use people.
It's so good to feel useful, right?

... right?

... Thymbris?
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
captnq

Post by captnq »

Uhh... I'm thinking fade to black here. Most likely she asked the question too softly to be heard.
Last edited by captnq on Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
eee

Post by eee »

Oh dear. That's going to strain family relations.

And now Tsillah is angry. I wonder what she's going to do. And if the Library factored that into its plan.

In fact, in an effort to prove she's NOT stupid, Thymbris may start doing things on her own, as well. I see possibilities for major anarchy, here.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

MerchManDan wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:I get the feeling that she has no idea that people see her as bubble-headed... but she had no difficulty seeing it in her mom...

I think it's quite the opposite: Tsillah is fully aware that people see her as a doofus, and she blames Thymbris for it. All those years of resentment, trying NOT to live up to the family name - remember who Tsillah's big sister is - that can really grate on a person.
It certainly is a possibility, but I'm not convinced. Or at least, not consciously. Perhnaps on a subconscious level, she sees herself in her mom without realizing it, and it irks her. But she does not strike me as seeing the resemblance.

At least, Monica acknowledged it, whenever someone was acting like her and she didn't like it...

She told Tina she didn't want to spend time with Georgette, because she didn't like seeing in Jet her own shortcomings and having her nose rubbed in it (can't find the link, looked long enough, no time to search)

She also told Shelly to stop acting like her, when she first manifested as Jaguar Girl: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/not-stuck/