Project Granddaughter Christmas

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

Project Granddaughter Christmas

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Project Granddaughter Christmas is about 40% complete - that is, i have obtained one refurbished Sero 7 Pro tablet and rooted it and flashed it with a vastly superior ROM. In a week or so, i'll be ordering a second.

Once i have two set up with the new ROMS, i'll load some games and apps such as little girls might like, and present them to the grandkids for Christmas.

The current plan is for the two tablets to be identical when presented - except that one will have a picture of Maggie as wallpaper, and the other will have Natalie. When i hand them the box, i'll explain that they are exactly alike - except for one thing - and let them decile which belongs to which girl.

================

Had a few bad moments - for some reason, the root script that i used on my own tablet worked fine for rooting it, but refused to install the Clockworkmod custom recovery image, without which i couldn't flash the ROM. Half an hour or so of googling and Tryinjg Things finally found another script that was willing to install it, and everything went smoothly from there.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Jabberwonky

Re: Project Granddaughter Christmas

Post by Jabberwonky »

You are a good Grampaw...
:)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
AnotherFairportfan

Do you have any idea what driving to Nana's house (Hartford Alabama - ~300 miles, ~five hours) with a Very Active six-year-old and eight-year-old in the backest seat is like?

Even with a DVD player in the car, there are Discussions and general noise.

One hopes that, by loading games and several movies on the tablets, and equipping each with earphones, the mayhem can be kept down to a dull roar...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

A 5-hour drive? I suggest you make sure that you have facilities in place that allow the charging of both tablets, simultaneously, convenient to the seats you want the kids to sit in.
AnotherFairportfan

Warrl wrote:A 5-hour drive? I suggest you make sure that you have facilities in place that allow the charging of both tablets, simultaneously, convenient to the seats you want the kids to sit in.
They'll last five. Or close to it. However, there
s a power plug in the back deck area, right behind the seats they'll be u\in, and i can get a two-headed USB charger to fit it...