Not the Same 2013-12-13

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Ladyofthemasque

Re: Not the Same 2013-12-13

Post by Ladyofthemasque »

txmystic wrote: @LadyoftheMasque, I enjoyed reading your post. I do not know many women of your size and so I know nothing of the challenges you must face except for this comic and forum.
( you too, Julie! ;-) )
...I haven't even delved into the massive chronic back problems I suffer; if I don't exercise in specific ways to keep my back muscles strong, I end up suffering from exruciating, debilitating pain. If I could have afforded it, if the medical community would have stopped secretly going "booooobiiiiiies" and making mental drool-y-grab-y motions, it would have been covered as a bona fide genuine medical expense back when I had health insurance, I would've gotten a reduction job decades ago. DECADES.

And the worst thing? Guys automagically (yes, "magically") assume Big Boobies = Moar Fun!! ...Really? Breasts are given a specific number of nerve endings. That's it. That's all you get. And if you increase the surface area, those nerve ending numbers do not magically increase in amount. They Stay The Same. So going from the surface area of an A cup, where the nerves are closely packed, to a DD cup, where the same number of nerves now have to cover a lot more square inches, means they're spread out. And the farther nerves get spread out, the less sensations they are able to detect and report on. So Biiig Booobieees actually = Meh.

Lemme repeat that:

Small boobies = Ooh, I Feel Everything, Wheee! That Feels Great, Do It Again, Wheeeee!

Biiiiig boobies = Meh. ...Can You Go Play With My Back Or Something? 'Cause There's More Nerve-Endings Per Square Inch on That Side, No, Really, It's Honest-to-Goodness More Sensitive And Thus More Sensual To Play With My Back Than My...Aaaaaand You're Not Paying Any Attention, Are You? Eff Yew, I'm Taking My Biiiig Boobies To A Guy Who Has A Foot Fetish Or Something, Because Even My Feet Feel More Fun To Me.

So yeah, it's like that. Next life? If I get the chance to reincarnate? I'm aiming for an A or B cup. *sigh*
Tenjen

Post by Tenjen »

And there are exceptions to the desensitivity, as per the usual difference between humans and living beings.

this isn't a good thing. Sensitivity is not selective.

A lady friend of mine has large but sensitive breasts. They're debillitatingly painful, as if large breasts on average weren't obstructive enough when doing things most people take for granted, them being two large masses of pain to general stimulus is even worse. She has to wear a tighter than normal padded bra that keeps them in place and insulates it from external contact. Which leaves them sore and painful at the end of the day when she takes it off to sleep. Plus being well endowed and having to wear a large padded bra seriously limits her wardrobe. Getting a bit more out of being with her boyfriend in bed for this one thing does not make up for all the crap she has to face otherwise.

Her whole body is actually like this and she has a very low pain threshold, go figure.
credit to Aoi Heart on DA
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Catawampus wrote:Is this how PE class in American schools generally work, having the students assigned to one particular sport for the duration of the quarter/semester? I thought that it was usually a bit more variety, though since I get all of my school-related information from television shows and movies I might be slightly less than properly informed.
Yeah, it's pretty common for them to switch PE classes out from quarter to quarter. A couple of "units" are mandatory for graduation (including swimming), unless there's some sort of medical issue.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Julie

Post by Julie »

Ladyofthemasque wrote:And the worst thing? Guys automagically (yes, "magically") assume Big Boobies = Moar Fun!! ...Really? Breasts are given a specific number of nerve endings. That's it. That's all you get. And if you increase the surface area, those nerve ending numbers do not magically increase in amount. They Stay The Same. So going from the surface area of an A cup, where the nerves are closely packed, to a DD cup, where the same number of nerves now have to cover a lot more square inches, means they're spread out. And the farther nerves get spread out, the less sensations they are able to detect and report on. So Biiig Booobieees actually = Meh.

Lemme repeat that:

Small boobies = Ooh, I Feel Everything, Wheee! That Feels Great, Do It Again, Wheeeee!

Biiiiig boobies = Meh. ...Can You Go Play With My Back Or Something? 'Cause There's More Nerve-Endings Per Square Inch on That Side, No, Really, It's Honest-to-Goodness More Sensitive And Thus More Sensual To Play With My Back Than My...Aaaaaand You're Not Paying Any Attention, Are You? Eff Yew, I'm Taking My Biiiig Boobies To A Guy Who Has A Foot Fetish Or Something, Because Even My Feet Feel More Fun To Me.

So yeah, it's like that. Next life? If I get the chance to reincarnate? I'm aiming for an A or B cup. *sigh*
Amen!
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:
Catawampus wrote:Is this how PE class in American schools generally work, having the students assigned to one particular sport for the duration of the quarter/semester? I thought that it was usually a bit more variety, though since I get all of my school-related information from television shows and movies I might be slightly less than properly informed.
Yeah, it's pretty common for them to switch PE classes out from quarter to quarter. A couple of "units" are mandatory for graduation (including swimming), unless there's some sort of medical issue.
None of the three high schools i attended in and around Greenville SC even had swimming as part of PE.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
illiad

Post by illiad »

Julie, Ladyofthemasque:.. I think the problem with most boys (mostly American..) is that they are not daring enough to venture lower... ;) :P

boobies are easier to grab, etc.... Until I explain to my friend, that women's are as sensitive as their balls! so they wince, and start thinking a bit more carefully!! :D
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

illiad wrote:Julie, Ladyofthemasque:.. I think the problem with most boys (mostly American..) is that they are not daring enough to venture lower... ;) :P
boobies are easier to grab, etc.... Until I explain to my friend, that women's are as sensitive as their balls! so they wince, and start thinking a bit more carefully!! :D
What? I've grabbed a number of breasts and the same breasts many times, sometimes pretty hard, and have never seen any of my partners double over in excruciating, debilitating pain from it.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
ActionKermit

Post by ActionKermit »

I can't find a good sensory homunculus for pain receptors. :(

At least the normal one is a good reminder that the most extensively innervated parts of the body aren't necessarily the most painful to handle.
illiad

Post by illiad »

KnightDelight: dear boy, you need to READ CAREFULLY :) :) :P if someone accidentally hit you there, would you complain, or be polite?

not everyone is the same!! some are just bored with you doing it, no feeling there, some can get the big O by just you licking them...

and DO please remember there are MANY other ways... :twisted: try asking the girl? tell her to point???
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Julie wrote:
Ladyofthemasque wrote:Biiiiig boobies = Meh. ...Can You Go Play With My Back Or Something? 'Cause There's More Nerve-Endings Per Square Inch on That Side, No, Really, It's Honest-to-Goodness More Sensitive And Thus More Sensual To Play With My Back Than My...Aaaaaand You're Not Paying Any Attention, Are You? Eff Yew, I'm Taking My Biiiig Boobies To A Guy Who Has A Foot Fetish Or Something, Because Even My Feet Feel More Fun To Me.

Amen!
....my whole life is a lie. :cry: Nothing makes sense anymore.

;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Julie

Post by Julie »

KnightDelight wrote:
illiad wrote:Julie, Ladyofthemasque:.. I think the problem with most boys (mostly American..) is that they are not daring enough to venture lower... ;) :P
What? I've grabbed a number of breasts and the same breasts many times, sometimes pretty hard, and have never seen any of my partners double over in excruciating, debilitating pain from it.
Yeah...they might be in the grouping that Ladyofthemasque and I are in...where the set number of nerves have too much surface area to cover to really fell every last thing you do. :) Heck...that's half of the reason why some women I know like being handled a bit roughly up top...because at least they can feel that. However, there are plenty of others who are just as sensitive as illiad suggests, and rough handling is excrutiating. *shrugs*

As illiad pointed out, the moral of this story is that not all breasts are created equal. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
illiad

Post by illiad »

MerchManDan wrote: ....my whole life is a lie. :cry: Nothing makes sense anymore.

;)
well it sure helps if you **talk** :mrgreen:
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Sounds like this would make a great Pub discussion -- perhaps a thread over there?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

illiad wrote:KnightDelight: dear boy, you need to READ CAREFULLY :) :) :P if someone accidentally hit you there, would you complain, or be polite?
not everyone is the same!! some are just bored with you doing it, no feeling there, some can get the big O by just you licking them...
and DO please remember there are MANY other ways... :twisted: try asking the girl? tell her to point???
I'm not your dear boy and that's not what you said in your post.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
illiad

Post by illiad »

hmm, another ego went thataway.... the clue search continues..
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Catawampus wrote:
Dr. Otter wrote:And if you had read your Student Handbook as instructed, you would have known that.
People read those?!? What madness is next, people reading the instructions on how to assemble their new furniture?
I've heard of people reading them, after all else fails. Not that it helped them much. . . .