Baby Eye Colors

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Atomic

Baby Eye Colors

Post by Atomic »

So you want to plan ahead? Here are the odds:

(some comfort for two brown eyed brunettes trying to explain their green-eyed, red headed baby)
(just saying)
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Julie

Re: Baby Eye Colors

Post by Julie »

Atomic wrote:So you want to plan ahead? Here are the odds:

(some comfort for two brown eyed brunettes trying to explain their green-eyed, red headed baby)
(just saying)
Well this only serves to further my frustration about my eye color. :( My parents both have green eyes (two different, but very lovely shades of green). My eyes are hazel...green on the outside, brown on the inside, and "change" based on my weather, my mood, what I'm wearing, etc...but more often than not look "brown" to people who aren't looking closely. I've wanted green eyes my whole life, and now I see that the odds were in favor of it, but it didn't happen? *kicks genetics in the shin*
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

My sons father has dark brown eyes. I have dark brown eyes. My son has blue to silvery blue hazel eyes that can shift to any colour it wants based on mood, but mostly stay a base of blue blueand auburn hair.

My grandparents both had/have very silvery blue eyes, and my father has greenish brown eyes, two of my aunts have them, two out of six uncles have them, and the other four have ice blue eyes.
All of my Mother's family have brown eyes of some shade.
My sister has chocolate to russet Auburn hair, and chocolate coloured eyes. My brother has midnight black hair with blue undertones, and nearly black dark brown eyes. I have dark brown eyes and midnight black hair with russet undertones, and some white hair that refuses to absorb dyes, which has been present since I was a child.

My friend has blue eyes, her hubby has brown, and their boy has gorgeous green eyes. Yeeeeah, I'm not sure that article is right.
That guideline is skewed from what I read as a teen way back when...during a time when I plotted a jet-set career with a high paying sciencey job and three kids.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

My eyes are a shade of brown that has been described as honey/golden. Maybe Jin is my ancestor?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

I know a great way to mess up that chart. What if one or both of the parents has heterochromia????
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Julie

Post by Julie »

DinkyInky wrote:That guideline is skewed from what I read as a teen way back when...during a time when I plotted a jet-set career with a high paying sciencey job and three kids.
Yeah...I thought I remembered learning that genetics were more involved than that too...but it's probably a fair guideline for what you can expect. Unfortunately it doesn't give parents with eyes that aren't "green" "blue" or "brown" any way of getting a rough estimate of the eye colors they should expect from their kids. I mean pair my hazel with my hubby's blue...and what happens? :) And where does gray fall into the mix? I had a friend in school who had gray eyes (couldn't tell you what color her parents' eyes were), and I doubt that this "handy" chart would have been of any use to her as she started having kids. :P

Aren't green eyes (and all of the other eye colors besides blue and brown) a "mutation" on the genes that determine eye color anyhow? :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."