This is a bank commercial. It is Fun.

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Fairportfan

This is a bank commercial. It is Fun.

Post by Fairportfan »

At least, i don't think - despite the number of comments saying so - that it is.

(Remember theHonda commercial almost everyone thought was faked* ... but it wasn't?)

First watch this.

Then watch this.

=====================

* And apparently still think so - there are posts claiming it was faked put up in the last couple of days...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
scantrontb

Re: This is a bank commercial. It is Fun.

Post by scantrontb »

it was a cool video, but as for it being "real" or "faked"... not so sure myself... if they were ACTUALLY playing those songs "live" during the recording of the commercial then there would have been a lot more variations in the music than shown since no one has ever played like that before, some of the motions that are shown, to me, are no where near the ones needed to play the actual instrument, and especially once you see the second video and see the conductor and orchestra rehearsing with traditional instruments...

I'm not going to say it was faked entirely, but... I guarantee that there was the instrumental version of lip-syncing going on where the individual player was probably wi-fi linked to a recording of his/her previously recorded performance, and that all that "playing" was just to make it look like they were playing live... and/or the wi-fi that guy was talking about was only to connect the ipads and ipods together for the instruments that required multiple units, with only one of the bundle being the "master" unit for that instrument, which was then told to play the song with the player manipulating it to provide the effect of it being played live. but basically, yeah... there was no way that orchestra was playing that good after only two weeks of practice on the new items....
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

I vote lip (motion) sync to the previously recorded music. I doubt they were using the DUI Blow-Me attachment for the I-Phones.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Atomic wrote:I vote lip (motion) sync to the previously recorded music. I doubt they were using the DUI Blow-Me attachment for the I-Phones.
No, but they were fingering on the touch screens...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber