May the Fourth be with you!

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

MerchManDan

May the Fourth be with you!

Post by MerchManDan »

OK, I'm posting this a bit late since it's already the 5th, but I still feel like sharing: To celebrate Star Wars Day, I've begun building the LEGO Star Destroyer I had bought last month at the local Pop Culture Expo. And in the off-chance anyone would find this remotely interesting, I've been taking pictures of my progress & posting them to Facebook.

For those who aren't on good terms with Facebook, here're the pics on Photobucket.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Atomic

Re: May the Fourth be with you!

Post by Atomic »

Fun fun! I remember back in the late 90s, 3D cut foam puzzles were popular and my kids enjoyed trying to put together the 3D Star Destroyer puzzle. At least with Legos, you can move things around!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Oh yeah, I loved those 3D puzzles too! I have a Millenium Falcon that I still need to build, in fact - and, of course, a 1:3 (rough estimate) scale R2-D2. :ugeek:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Wishing I had the money to buy my son The Pearl and the Revenge, because the pirates in us were squeeing big time when we saw them, and well...hello, PIRATE!...SHIPS.

He's never had big lego builds(I bought him a couple of mini PotC battle scene sets), so that would be an awesome Mother and son family project...not to mention a pretty awesome display of a real battle on the high seas(tries to hit that note, and laments her lost range). I'd build a shelf box special for that one.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir