Chuck Who?

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Fairportfan

Chuck Who?

Post by Fairportfan »

Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
MerchManDan

Re: Chuck Who?

Post by MerchManDan »

:shock: ....I NEED to find that album. [EDIT!! Found this music video, "The Bloody Virdict of Verden." I SHED THE BLOOD OF THE SAXON MEN!!! *headbangs*]

Heh. "The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare." :lol: Very classy.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

MerchManDan wrote::shock: ....I NEED to find that album. [EDIT!! Found this music video, "The Bloody Virdict of Verden." I SHED THE BLOOD OF THE SAXON MEN!!! *headbangs*]

Heh. "The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare." :lol: Very classy.
You might be interested in the 1970s folk/blues supergroup album version of Dunsany's The King of Elfland's Daughter, with Lee as narrator and singing one song as the King of Elfland.

Damn! I seem to have lost most of the album from the computer, and i have no idea where the [autographed] CD is, either... and the cheapest replacement i can find listed is $26...

One of the tracks i do have is Lee's intro to the song of the witch who makes Alveric's sword from thunderbolt iron...
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

/sigh

You know, I've actually met Master Norris. Been in the ring with him at a Kicks for Kids charity event back in the '90's. He's got a sidekick like a jackhammer, sure, and his brother makes action movies in which he features, but I've never understood how he ended up featuring so prominently in Barrens Chat/Internet Memes as a whole.

Maybe I should try to start another meme: "Every time you reference a Chuck Norris meme, an angel facepalms. Please, won't you think of the angel's faces?"
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:/sigh

You know, I've actually met Master Norris. but I've never understood how he ended up featuring so prominently in Barrens Chat/Internet Memes as a whole.
If I remember there were a group of commercials on TV that had made comparisons between tough beards and him or some such back in the 90's and in some movies he would do cameos as the toughest guy in the world. That would be a logical place for the memes to come from. But I love your meme idea of face-palming angels.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Personally, I liked it when Conan O'Brien would pull the Walker Texas Ranger lever.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

shadowinthelight wrote:Personally, I liked it when Conan O'Brien would pull the Walker Texas Ranger lever.
Good family bonding time. We'd sit with her and enjoy not being in trouble(nobody got in trouble when Walker was on).

Not to mention we always wondered if Texans were really that awesome. Having met a bunch in my life, I have to say why yes, yes they are. Polite, helpful, honest, friendly, and make really damn fine tasty hot sauce. Oh, and they spoiled most beef for me for life. I cannot believe how awesome it is out there. Other than making bulgoki, I don't really eat it anymore...Texas beef is just that damn good. Not like the shoeleather express I've been encountering lately. The meatcutters really need to quit being so lazy, because I know it can't really be that awful.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
ShneekeyTheLost

DinkyInky wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:Personally, I liked it when Conan O'Brien would pull the Walker Texas Ranger lever.
Good family bonding time. We'd sit with her and enjoy not being in trouble(nobody got in trouble when Walker was on).

Not to mention we always wondered if Texans were really that awesome. Having met a bunch in my life, I have to say why yes, yes they are. Polite, helpful, honest, friendly, and make really damn fine tasty hot sauce. Oh, and they spoiled most beef for me for life. I cannot believe how awesome it is out there. Other than making bulgoki, I don't really eat it anymore...Texas beef is just that damn good. Not like the shoeleather express I've been encountering lately. The meatcutters really need to quit being so lazy, because I know it can't really be that awful.
The only problem I had with that show...

Middle of a chase scene, they're running down I-30 in downtown Dallas. You can tell because of Reunion Tower (the one that looks like a lollipop) in the background. Cut to a different angle, and they're driving past the Ft. Worth Stockyards... :?
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:The only problem I had with that show...

Middle of a chase scene, they're running down I-30 in downtown Dallas. You can tell because of Reunion Tower (the one that looks like a lollipop) in the background. Cut to a different angle, and they're driving past the Ft. Worth Stockyards... :?
What, you didn't know the Metroplex has a network of portals to bypass the Mid-Cities? The toll is so high nobody uses them, though.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

shadowinthelight wrote:

What, you didn't know the Metroplex has a network of portals to bypass the Mid-Cities? The toll is so high nobody uses them, though.
Heh.

The Big Chase in Freejack - they drive up and down the same block of Peachtree Street twice, then turn onto Prior Street and they're crossing the Brooklyn Bridge to Manhattan...
=====================
=====================
mike weber
ShneekeyTheLost

shadowinthelight wrote:

Well, you know... it started off as a regular highway project, but our idjit gubnor decided to sell it off anyways, on general principle...

Seriously, anyone who had a problem with Dubbya in the White House? Be glad RIck Perry went down in flames after that idiotic 'strong' political ad. He'd probably end up turning the interstate system into toll roads. Hell, he already tried to make I-35 from Dallas to San Antonio into a toll road, but the feds kinda pointed out that it wasn't his road to sell. Aside from his bigotry and intolerance (yes, he still doesn't understand why that political ad was so bad).
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

When the subject of Dracula comes up, his version is the one I default to. You don't know how badly, on my one and only attempt to sit through 'Twilight', I wanted that vampire to show up and start kicking asses.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Jabberwonky wrote:When the subject of Dracula comes up, his version is the one I default to. You don't know how badly, on my one and only attempt to sit through 'Twilight', I wanted that vampire to show up and start kicking asses.
Heh.

There's always Gary Oldman...
=====================
=====================
mike weber
ShneekeyTheLost

Jabberwonky wrote:When the subject of Dracula comes up, his version is the one I default to. You don't know how badly, on my one and only attempt to sit through 'Twilight', I wanted that vampire to show up and start kicking asses.
Why not let an actual slayer do the job?
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:
Why not let an actual slayer do the job?
<3 <3 <3 <3
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir