Not That Simple 2013-04-08

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Leak

Re: Not That Simple 2013-04-08

Post by Leak »

DilyV wrote:
Leak wrote:
jwhouk wrote:"Thank you Mario! But our princess is in another castle!"
One of these days... :D
Dude... dude... @.@ That is just wrong!.
Well, it also works the other way...

I'll get me coat...
NebulousRikulau

Post by NebulousRikulau »

Boxilar wrote:I don't think Atsali is guilty of lying or even misdirection here. Kath told her she was searching for missing and possibly cursed kachinca dolls. As non- supernatural scholar, Kath is excited about connecting the dots between the various ancient cultures. To Atsali, this is common knowledge, and she likely assumed that if Kath was in the Library, she was "in the loop" regarding supernatural culture and knowledge. In other words, she didn't know wha Katherine didn't know, and was following Kath's lead assuming Katherine knew things that she didn't.

On the upside, Katherine now has an ally who is privy to supernatural culture and can tell her what's what. I think the Library stuck theese two together for a reason.
Exactly what I thought.
That feeling you get when you discover something that alters your view of the Universe, and then someone says, "Yeah, so what? Everybody knows that."
:roll:
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Sphinx-Napped wrote: that would be my guess, but something has me nagging in the back of my head when she said mixed bag... did she mean kath and astail or did she mean kaths demons that inhabit the body remember there more then one
Kath doesn't have demons (at least, not that we know). You're thinking Tina.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

jwhouk wrote:
Sphinx-Napped wrote: that would be my guess, but something has me nagging in the back of my head when she said mixed bag... did she mean kath and astail or did she mean kaths demons that inhabit the body remember there more then one
I like TIna! She's one of my favorite Wapsi characters!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Hate to disrupt this moment but...WHEN is Katherine going to ask for, Or Atsali figure out that Kath needs some Medical Treatment? Then again Katherine already set her own broken nose. Maybe she can ask for a needle and thread and do a Rambo and sew up that gash in her forehead. :?
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Hate to disrupt this moment but...WHEN is Katherine going to ask for, Or Atsali figure out that Kath needs some Medical Treatment? Then again Katherine already set her own broken nose. Maybe she can ask for a needle and thread and do a Rambo and sew up that gash in her forehead. :?
To bad she doesn't have some gunpowder. That would fix her right up. :?
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

jwhouk wrote:
While he was thinking about Tina, if Kath is human... she has her own set of personal demons (every human gets a set); we just haven't seen them. Mon's relationship with her demons isn't standard practice - which is to say more felt than seen/heard.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Boxilar wrote:
TheDOCTOR wrote:Hate to disrupt this moment but...WHEN is Katherine going to ask for, Or Atsali figure out that Kath needs some Medical Treatment? Then again Katherine already set her own broken nose. Maybe she can ask for a needle and thread and do a Rambo and sew up that gash in her forehead. :?
To bad she doesn't have some gunpowder. That would fix her right up. :?
Hec Ramsey did it first. With a lot less showing off.

"Always hate this part..."
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Julie

Post by Julie »

ChattaStarhawk wrote:
jwhouk wrote:
While he was thinking about Tina, if Kath is human... she has her own set of personal demons (every human gets a set); we just haven't seen them. Mon's relationship with her demons isn't standard practice - which is to say more felt than seen/heard.
What ChattaStarhawk said. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

NOTDilbert wrote:There's IMITATION gruel? Forcing those poor kids to eat that would be gruel and unusual pun-ishment (drops a can of Irish steel-cut oats in the Pun Jar).
Hey, 9 out of 10 orphans can't tell the difference. ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)