McDonald's food is healthy. Sez Mcdonald's Nutritionist...

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Jabberwonky

McDonald's food is healthy. Sez Mcdonald's Nutritionist...

Post by Jabberwonky »

The Huffington Post wrote:(She) went on to declare that processed food could "absolutely" be healthy...
I feel so much better after reading this...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
bmonk

Re: McDonald's food is healthy. Sez Mcdonald's Nutritionist

Post by bmonk »

Yeah. Processed food CAN be healthy. But if you are net VERY careful when you eat it. . . .
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

And if you believe this, I've got some lovely ocean-front property for sale in Arizona. Cheap!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

I would take that nutritionist's word with a grain of salt, except Mickey D's fries are already liberally coated with it.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

MerchManDan wrote:I would take that nutritionist's word with a grain of salt, except Mickey D's fries are already liberally coated with it.
Unless you do what I do, and order them fresh without salt. I also order burgers without anything on them, pickles on the side, and milk or a hazelnut coffee with extra milk, instead of pop(I generally order myself a Happy Meal, and keep it simple. No Catsup either. My son gets chicken, no sauce, milk, apple dippers, and saltless fries. Oh, and only as a sometimes treat for being awesome.

I was raised that way, and in turn will raise him that way, and I hope he will raise his that way.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Dave

Post by Dave »

I'm reminded of a story (apocryphal) I read some years ago. When a major breakfast-cereal company was criticized for manufacturing "empty calorie" cereals (the usual heavily-advertized sugar-coated artificially-flavored -brightly-colored congealed-flour variety), the manufacturer stoutly insisted that their products could certainly be part of a healthy overall diet, as long as they were eaten in combination with a proper selection of nutritious foods.

As one critic then replied, "Well, that's also true of cardboard."
Julie

Post by Julie »

While I agree that it's a stretch to call almost any fast food "healthy," it is possible to eat reasonable portions and low calorie meals at fast food restaurants (if you know what you're doing). I even will go so far as to applaud McD's for adding low fat/skim milks to their menu and apple slices to their Happy Meals. However, processed food is still not really good for you. It's just another one of those things that isn't bad for you as long as you consume it in moderation.

Silly spin doctors...I mean nutritionists...
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."