She Shoots She Scores 2013-03-29

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Re: She Shoots She Scores 2013-03-29

Post by Fairportfan »

Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Leak

Post by Leak »

Fairportfan wrote:Speaking of chocolate bunnies...
Yeah, that whole ordeal was disgraceful, but sadly this ruling came too late for Hauswirth... :(
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

I'd say that the surprise on Atsali's face is because Kat didn't tell her EXACTLY what she was told to do, was ACTUALLY going to DO... think about it, would YOU tell an impressionable 15 year-old that "after putting on the helmet, take a look at the other helo thru the viewfinder of the "camera" (it DOES have a camera: the GUN-CAM to record kill confirmations with!) and press the red button under your right thumb, i need to get a good picture of what kind of helo it is so we can be sure to plan properly for our getaway..." or would you tell her that "oh, yeah, after you put the helmet on and do this other stuff the guns are gonna fire and blow up the other helo..." yeah, right!... no, she told her just enough to get her access and how to set it up, but no more.. the old "need to know" routine, and Atsali didn't need to know, at that moment, and afterwards it's too late, oh well...

as for the vamps and the crews... that's easy... they are belaying/ rappelling down the cliff face right now in order to "join up with" Kat and Atsali, thus they are not in a position to stop Atsali from doing what she's currently doing. Atsali's destruction of the second helo IS the distraction. now all she needs to do while they are climbing BACK UP and running over to the helos, is to disable the one she's in... how exactly, no clue: hit the ejection seats maybe? and since they are too low the parachute probably? won't fully open but since she can fly that won't be a problem (that's one of the reasons why SHE was sent and not Katherine)... Poof! both choppers out of commission... before that though she'll need to hit the security kill switch on the radio that the radio operators are trained to hit before they get captured to wipe all the crypto codes out of the radio and they won't be able to call for backup either, as the radio will then just be a non-functional chunk of silicon and plastic... and going thru their personal cell phone's back to HQ won't be totally effective either since CO's are loathe to launch more planes on just somebodies phone call orders from a non-secure phone (and unless those phones are REALLY REALLY "special" they are NOT CRYPTO-Phones, just "ordinary" cell phones (that Kat now has one of), and if they were a crypto-phone there's no way that Lily would have given it to her in the first place... yeah they can track them via the phone, but that's for later)... it'll take time to authenticate and verify that they really are who they say they are, etc... then launch and travel time to that location, etc... all the while Kat and Atsali are flying away under wing-power...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

scantrontb wrote:it DOES have a camera: the GUN-CAM to record kill confirmations with!
OK, I need help. After reading that my brain started singing "Blaamo Gun-Cam Style". 8-)
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

scantrontb wrote:as for the vamps and the crews... that's easy... they are belaying/ rappelling down the cliff face right now in order to "join up with" Kat and Atsali, thus they are not in a position to stop Atsali from doing what she's currently doing. Atsali's destruction of the second helo IS the distraction. now all she needs to do while they are climbing BACK UP and running over to the helos, is to disable the one she's in... how exactly, no clue: hit the ejection seats maybe? and since they are too low the parachute probably? won't fully open but since she can fly that won't be a problem (that's one of the reasons why SHE was sent and not Katherine)... Poof! both choppers out of commission... before that though she'll need to hit the security kill switch on the radio that the radio operators are trained to hit before they get captured to wipe all the crypto codes out of the radio and they won't be able to call for backup either, as the radio will then just be a non-functional chunk of silicon and plastic... and going thru their personal cell phone's back to HQ won't be totally effective either since CO's are loathe to launch more planes on just somebodies phone call orders from a non-secure phone (and unless those phones are REALLY REALLY "special" they are NOT CRYPTO-Phones, just "ordinary" cell phones (that Kat now has one of), and if they were a crypto-phone there's no way that Lily would have given it to her in the first place... yeah they can track them via the phone, but that's for later)... it'll take time to authenticate and verify that they really are who they say they are, etc... then launch and travel time to that location, etc... all the while Kat and Atsali are flying away under wing-power...
Ummm ... I'm pretty sure helicopters don't have ejections seats. Going through the blades would probably be painful. Unless they eject sideways. Why would they reppel down the side when they could just fly the copters down? I think they're still on top, but a distance away in the shade somewhere. And there's the possibility they have a hand-held satellite phone with them. That was probably just Lilly's personal phone she gave Kath.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

KnightDelight wrote:Ummm ... I'm pretty sure helicopters don't have ejections seats. Going through the blades would probably be painful. Unless they eject sideways. Why would they reppel down the side when they could just fly the copters down? I think they're still on top, but a distance away in the shade somewhere. And there's the possibility they have a hand-held satellite phone with them. That was probably just Lilly's personal phone she gave Kath.
The Rooshans been puttin' in choppers since around '95. The Kamov KA-50 'Black Shark' was the first production model with one. Spoiler: Explosive bolts dispose of the rotors before launching the pilot.
Snarky description with potty-mouth language follows...
Black Shark.jpg
Black Shark.jpg (20.55 KiB) Viewed 6793 times
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Leak wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:buttwhat.jpg
There's even stranger things this easter... :lol:
You have no idea.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Wyvern wrote:
Leak wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:buttwhat.jpg
There's even stranger things this easter... :lol:
You have no idea.
I will freely admit to never having enjoyed an Easter celebration as much as that fellow...
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

KnightDelight wrote: Why would they reppel down the side when they could just fly the copters down? I think they're still on top, but a distance away in the shade somewhere. And there's the possibility they have a hand-held satellite phone with them. That was probably just Lilly's personal phone she gave Kath.
um, did you miss the part about the "get the wind machines the f!@# out of here!!" scene? that's why they aren't being flown at the moment... while i accept the sat phone is a possibility, i doubt it was issued though.
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
illiad

Post by illiad »

yes, a copter is difficult enough to keep steady, and you would not want those blades to come into contact with the cliff face.... one crashed copter, and a hole gouged into the cliff face !!! :roll: :roll: :oops:
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

scantrontb wrote:
KnightDelight wrote: Why would they reppel down the side when they could just fly the copters down? I think they're still on top, but a distance away in the shade somewhere. And there's the possibility they have a hand-held satellite phone with them. That was probably just Lilly's personal phone she gave Kath.
um, did you miss the part about the "get the wind machines the f!@# out of here!!" scene? That's why they aren't being flown at the moment... while i accept the sat phone is a possibility, i doubt it was issued though.
Yes, my mistake. I thought you meant rappelling down to where they presumed Kath & co. were going to go eventually. That is to say, over the side of the mesa down to the ground. I take it you meant into the pit itself, which, of course would likely be too narrow to fly into in the first place. And, like you said, were forbidden to even hover over by Kath. So repelling into it would, indeed, be the way to go.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Remember the camera that Kath asked for and she got Lily's smart phone? Internet search is implied.
.....okay then.

I was going to say something else, but upon reflection I'll contain myself.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

I hope that all of you forumites realize this is the direct result of not playing enough video games...