Hold Still 2013-02-19

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Re: Hold Still 2013-02-19

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Wanted a second look at the strip with our Trauma pts. Yes, Blood from the nose AND ears can be a sign of a possible Skull fracture. I hope I'm wrong.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Dave wrote:
DilyV wrote:Let's just say my language was a shade bit more colorful than Atsali's...
Oh, man... ow. I guess you were the guy responsible for that big plume of blue air that one of the climate-research satellites picked up, and nobody could ever explain?

Good to hear that they were able to repair at least the worst of the damage. My wife's been dealing with osteoarthritis in both knees for the past few years, and one of our friends has "runner's knee" on both sides... surgery may eventually be in the cards all around, unfortunately.
We were playing what we called Flickerball... was supposed to be no contact. Yeah... I was cussing a blue streak. I'm laying there with my lower left leg flopping at unnatural angles, a girl ten feet away is blowing chunks seeing it happen, and the guy that did it is LAUGHING at me. When he came up to me when I got out of the hospital on crutches later that night, he tried to apologise... I tried my hardest to shove my crutch up his fourth point of contact. Many threats were made that evening... and dude wouldn't come within twenty feet of me after that...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Wanted a second look at the strip with our Trauma pts. Yes, Blood from the nose AND ears can be a sign of a possible Skull fracture. I hope I'm wrong.
Both could also be from the close proximity to the explosions... the overpressure could easily have done it. Believe me... I speak from experience (IED, Iraq, 2004)
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

I don't know. If Atsali is actually one of the other shape changers that we know about, she sure is playing the part to the hilt, letting her shoulder come out of joint (or making it seem like it did) and all. I think she is who she seems to be.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Atomic

Re: Hold Still 2012-02-19

Post by Atomic »

RunningBull wrote:A quote I came across recently: "Learn from the mistakes of others, because you will never live long enough to make them all yourself."
Along with: "Adventure is what you get when you don't get what you were expecting."
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
illiad

Post by illiad »

KnightDelight wrote:I don't know. If Atsali is actually one of the other shape changers that we know about, she sure is playing the part to the hilt, letting her shoulder come out of joint (or making it seem like it did) and all. I think she is who she seems to be.
or she is young and inexperienced, or it takes energy and concentration to change shape - she is way too shocked and exhausted ATM I guess... :)
MerchManDan

Re: Hold Still 2012-02-19

Post by MerchManDan »

DilyV wrote: The Drow worship Lolth, the Spider Goddess and to be turned into a Drider is a sort of punishment for incurring Lolth's disfavor in my experience.
I guess it depends on which edition of D'n'D one prefers, but I've heard tell that to be turned into a drider is to be favoured by Lolth.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)