Interesting quote(s)

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Fairportfan

Interesting quote(s)

Post by Fairportfan »

"It's similar to fake breasts. No one has a problem with it, until you find out they aren't real."
Nick Rhodes, the Duran Duran star, on 'beef' products made of horse meat.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Re: Interesting quote(s)

Post by Jabberwonky »

;°þ
Not real.jpg
Not real.jpg (90.06 KiB) Viewed 6484 times
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Jabberwonky wrote:;°þ
Not real.jpg
*Drops in a model Serenity and Mal figurine* Miss that show too...
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

DinkyInky wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:;°þ
Not real.jpg
*Drops in a model Serenity and Mal figurine* Miss that show too...
I believe that's his new show, Castle. But yea, there's tons of Firefly references in there if you look
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

My favourite bit was the opening of the first (i think) season Halloween episode.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

"Space cowboy?"
:lol:
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

"You did that ... five years ago, I think."
=====================
=====================
mike weber
ShneekeyTheLost

Jabberwonky wrote:"Space cowboy?"
Assuming one didn't catch the shiny reference, one could also suggest a Steve Miller song as a different sort of reference.

Having said that, he's just as good as Harrison Ford at always having the right thing to say at the right time.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:
Assuming one didn't catch the shiny reference, one could also suggest a Steve Miller song as a different sort of reference.

Having said that, he's just as good as Harrison Ford at always having the right thing to say at the right time.
There's a thought. Revive the Raiders franchise with Nathan Fillion as Indy. Set it during WWII, and show us the most interesting thing about kingdom of the crystal skull; the back story about what Indy was up to during the war with the OSS.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Boxilar wrote:
ShneekeyTheLost wrote:

There's a thought. Revive the Raiders franchise with Nathan Fillion as Indy. Set it during WWII, and show us the most interesting thing about kingdom of the crystal skull; the back story about what Indy was up to during the war with the OSS.
Ooh! I LIKE that... :shock:
ShneekeyTheLost

Boxilar wrote:There's a thought. Revive the Raiders franchise with Nathan Fillion as Indy. Set it during WWII, and show us the most interesting thing about kingdom of the crystal skull; the back story about what Indy was up to during the war with the OSS.
Revive the Raiders franchise with Nathan Fillion as Indy? Yes, he would be the only actor I would trust with that role. Bringing up the crystal skull stuff again? No. Come on, there's all kinds of quasi-metaphysical artifacts scattered about the globe to compete with the russians in getting to. Let Nathan establish himself as Indie without all the backstory stuff. Then you can tie it back in.
Julie

Post by Julie »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:
Boxilar wrote:There's a thought. Revive the Raiders franchise with Nathan Fillion as Indy. Set it during WWII, and show us the most interesting thing about kingdom of the crystal skull; the back story about what Indy was up to during the war with the OSS.
Revive the Raiders franchise with Nathan Fillion as Indy? Yes, he would be the only actor I would trust with that role. Bringing up the crystal skull stuff again? No. Come on, there's all kinds of quasi-metaphysical artifacts scattered about the globe to compete with the russians in getting to. Let Nathan establish himself as Indie without all the backstory stuff. Then you can tie it back in.
He didn't say use the crystal skull parts. :) He said use the part about what Indy was up to during the war with the OSS...which I think is a brilliant idea! :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Dave

Post by Dave »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:
I think you can have it both ways, if you like. There's one metaphysical object that would be perfect.

Indy would be looking for the Mesektet Boat from Egyptian mythology. It's one of the two "solar boats" in which the sun-god Ra travels... it's the "evening boat" in which the dying and dead sun is carried into night, through the darkness of the Underworld, towards Ra's rebirth in the dawn of a new day. The spirits of those who have died each day are carried along, each to be judged... the wicked to be consumed by the great snake Apep, the virtuous given their immortality.

The immortality / rebirth theme would tie this into the Holy Grail theme quite nicely. Finding it might have enabled the Allies to un-do much of the death and suffering caused by World War II.

Mesektet itself would be quite a find for any anthopologist and museum, as it was apparently covered with precious gems and semi-precious stones. The text linked above describes it so:
Splendid is the Mesektet Boat, glorious its trappings, and its colours are of amethyst and emerald, jasper and turquoise, lazuli and the lustre of gold.
But, the legend is that it's stripped of its finery before it travels into night, and regains its glory only when Ra is reborn in the dawn... so, you'd need expertise to know how to recognize it, and Indy would qualify! Indy's search would probably take him into, and through the Egyptian underworld... lots of exciting challenges there to overcome. Indy meeting Apep: "Why does it always have to be snakes? Big snake. BIG HUGE INTELLIGENT SOUL-EATING SNAKE!!"

This movie could even make use of a wonderful piece of music - the closing track "Death of Ra" from Jade Warrior's "Way Of The Sun" album... one of the best albums from one of my favorite "incredible, amazingly influential bands that almost nobody has ever heard of" groups.

I can just see the Hollywood marquee now: Indiana Jones and the Crystalled Scull.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Dave wrote:
This movie could even make use of a wonderful piece of music - the closing track "Death of Ra" from Jade Warrior's "Way Of The Sun" album... one of the best albums from one of my favorite "incredible, amazingly influential bands that almost nobody has ever heard of" groups.

I can just see the Hollywood marquee now: Indiana Jones and the Crystalled Scull.
Pun Jar Annex NOW!!!! :lol:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Mark N wrote:Pun Jar Annex NOW!!!! :lol:
(drops a jewel-encrusted statue of a shaggy dog into the Pun Jar)