Followup on the jerk pastor: Waitress fired

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

NOTDilbert

Re: Followup on the jerk pastor: Waitress fired

Post by NOTDilbert »

I understand the 'no corroboration' part- but the players in this that CAN corroborate this statement can't be understood with both feet so far into their mouths.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Julie wrote:Wow...that pastor is beyond intolerable. :shock:

I also think it's pretty shitty that Applebee's has been posting "positive" receipts without backlash, but then fire someone who posts a negative one. I loathe double standards...and now I'm even more annoyed, because my absolute dislike of double standards has me wanting to boycott Applebee's too...but they just put together a new set of menu items that I can actually eat on my diet. :( Bad Applebee's! Bad! No biscuit!
Applebee's can suck it now that they built the Roadhouse by my house. That's Texas Roadhouse, the restaurant with killer menus, awesome service, and properly prepared beef.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

DinkyInky wrote:
Julie wrote:Wow...that pastor is beyond intolerable. :shock:

I also think it's pretty shitty that Applebee's has been posting "positive" receipts without backlash, but then fire someone who posts a negative one. I loathe double standards...and now I'm even more annoyed, because my absolute dislike of double standards has me wanting to boycott Applebee's too...but they just put together a new set of menu items that I can actually eat on my diet. :( Bad Applebee's! Bad! No biscuit!
Applebee's can suck it now that they built the Roadhouse by my house. That's Texas Roadhouse, the restaurant with killer menus, awesome service, and properly prepared beef.
Meh. Ate at one twice.

I wanna spend money on a steak, i'll go to Longhorn.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

Fairportfan wrote:I wanna spend money on a steak, i'll go to Longhorn.
Needs more Maroon.

Longhorn doesn't have anything that can compare to the Ft. Worth Ribeye from the Roadhouse. You don't need a steak knife, you can cut that thing with your fork.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:
Needs more Maroon.

Longhorn doesn't have anything that can compare to the Ft. Worth Ribeye from the Roadhouse. You don't need a steak knife, you can cut that thing with your fork.
Most people that I know go to Applebee's for for the half price appetizers at night. I agree for steak you go to a steak place or grill your own but they do have good appetizers.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Mark N wrote:
ShneekeyTheLost wrote:
Needs more Maroon.

Most people that I know go to Applebee's for for the half price appetizers at night. I agree for steak you go to a steak place or grill your own but they do have good appetizers.
Longhorn ruined my steaks three times, so they struck out. Corral made salisbury steak TV dinner patty instead of a chop steak, so they are out too. Lone Star is good, but too far. The only places I will travel to in Chi-town are Sae Hae Kwan, Uno's, and Giordano's.

I live 30 minutes from one of the first few Roadhouse, ate at the flagship one in Clarkesville, ate at it in Mesquite, and at the new one five minutes from my house. The same quality, service, and recipes were to be had at all locations. If I order a well done steak, it ain't burnt to a crisp, but melt in your mouth tender and perfectly done through. The hot rolls with cinnamon butter kick all appetizers butts too.

Bee's has put too much molasses in their onion ring BBQ dip lately. Their brownie bites are good though, as is their Asian chicken salad. The rest is nothing to write home about.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:
Needs more Maroon.

It didn't taste good. Either time i went.

I will say it was better than Outback,
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

DinkyInky wrote:The only places I will travel to in Chi-town are Sae Hae Kwan, Uno's, and Giordano's.
Is Ronnie's still at State and Randolph?
=====================
=====================
mike weber
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Fairportfan wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:The only places I will travel to in Chi-town are Sae Hae Kwan, Uno's, and Giordano's.
Yup. Haven't been there in ages. Not conducive to single Mother road trips with wee one.

--Safyr Drathmir
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

DinkyInky wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:
Yup. Haven't been there in ages. Not conducive to single Mother road trips with wee one.
Yeah. Took a friend there from one of the Chicago SF Worldcons.

He wasn't impressed with the joint ... but the steaks? Different matter.

That, and the seafood places in Boston and Baltimore, the pizza joint in Georgetown, the German restaurant in Huntsville and the not-Tex-Mex Mexican place in Austin are why he used to swear that if he were in a strange city, he'd take me out on the sidewalk, say "Find dinner, boy!" and follow me.

What he didn't see was me asking locals before we set out.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Mmmmm, Giordano's...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

jwhouk wrote:Mmmmm, Giordano's...
OMG it is soooo worth the wait. Also a must for me whenever I goto the Aragon.

--Safyr Drathmir
ShneekeyTheLost

And if you are ever in College Station, Freebirds. Just... go there, you'll understand.

I hear they've spread out in a few new locations as well, several up in the D/FW metroplex, I think there's at least one in Austin as well. I'm sure their website will have a more coherent listing.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:And if you are ever in College Station, Freebirds. Just... go there, you'll understand.

I hear they've spread out in a few new locations as well, several up in the D/FW metroplex, I think there's at least one in Austin as well. I'm sure their website will have a more coherent listing.
Freebirds death sauce...*drool* It is so tasty, unlike most hot sauces I have had...all vinegar and heat, little flavour. That was the best part of our vacation in Texas...asking the locals what passes for good eatings. El Fenix, Freebirds, Texas Roadhouse in Mesquite...a couple of Tex-Mex places I cannot quite remember, except for the content feeling of eating well...I must have eaten my weight in beef twice in the week and a half we were there.

My wee one had lots of fun, despite the fact it ended up being too hot for sightseeing. The ostentatiousness of the kiddie parks in Farmers Branch...fountains in the pond, tumbled river gravel in the play areas(most places around here use a mulch of some sort) and the plants growing there that are only indoor around here. Very pretty...very hot. I prefer the cold hot ratio of Indiana though.

--Safyr Drathmir
Julie

Post by Julie »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:And if you are ever in College Station, Freebirds. Just... go there, you'll understand.

Huh...I tried Freebirds with my cousin and his wife (who are Aggies), and I wasn't really that impressed. Maybe it's because I went into it with their assurances that "It's better than Chipotle." I probably would have liked it better if they'd just said that it's very different than Chipotle, so I wouldn't have tried to compare the two. I keep meaning to try it again with that mindset...
DinkyInky wrote:That was the best part of our vacation in Texas...asking the locals what passes for good eatings. El Fenix, Freebirds, Texas Roadhouse in Mesquite...a couple of Tex-Mex places I cannot quite remember, except for the content feeling of eating well...I must have eaten my weight in beef twice in the week and a half we were there.
El Fenix is good for basic/traditional Tex Mex. :) I don't go there often (with the daily specials and discounts they run, it can be a ridiculous wait), but it's exactly the same quality and experience every time at every location, and that's not always the case with chains (as evidenced by the "positive" message receipt that was posted, and since taken down, by Applebee's :P).
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
ShneekeyTheLost

Julie wrote:

Huh...I tried Freebirds with my cousin and his wife (who are Aggies), and I wasn't really that impressed. Maybe it's because I went into it with their assurances that "It's better than Chipotle." I probably would have liked it better if they'd just said that it's very different than Chipotle, so I wouldn't have tried to compare the two. I keep meaning to try it again with that mindset...
Ahh, yes, they did you a disservice there. Granted, the burritos are as large as, if not larger than, Chipotle, but the flavor and atmosphere are just... it's like comparing apples and oranges. About the only thing in common is they offer you a choice of 'wrap it in a tortilla', 'serve over chips', or 'salad'. And even then, the sheer number of choices Freebirds offers for their tortillas is just... well... yea.

Mind you, I can certainly understand why they made the comparison, there's nothing quite like Freebirds, and Chipotle is about the only place that has burritos as large as a Monster.
DinkyInky wrote:That was the best part of our vacation in Texas...asking the locals what passes for good eatings. El Fenix, Freebirds, Texas Roadhouse in Mesquite...a couple of Tex-Mex places I cannot quite remember, except for the content feeling of eating well...I must have eaten my weight in beef twice in the week and a half we were there.
El Fenix is good for basic/traditional Tex Mex. :) I don't go there often (with the daily specials and discounts they run, it can be a ridiculous wait), but it's exactly the same quality and experience every time at every location, and that's not always the case with chains (as evidenced by the "positive" message receipt that was posted, and since taken down, by Applebee's :P).
El Fenix is great for what it is... a Tex-Mex place which maintains superior quality control standards. It's the closest you can get to 'hole in the wall' in a major chain. Roadhouse is... well, another chain which prides itself on quality control and serving the same quality of product at each and every restraunt. I've eaten at many different locations of both chains, and none of them have disappointed me.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:
Julie wrote:

Ahh, yes, they did you a disservice there. Granted, the burritos are as large as, if not larger than, Chipotle, but the flavor and atmosphere are just... it's like comparing apples and oranges. About the only thing in common is they offer you a choice of 'wrap it in a tortilla', 'serve over chips', or 'salad'. And even then, the sheer number of choices Freebirds offers for their tortillas is just... well... yea.

Mind you, I can certainly understand why they made the comparison, there's nothing quite like Freebirds, and Chipotle is about the only place that has burritos as large as a Monster.
El Fenix is great for what it is... a Tex-Mex place which maintains superior quality control standards. It's the closest you can get to 'hole in the wall' in a major chain. Roadhouse is... well, another chain which prides itself on quality control and serving the same quality of product at each and every restraunt. I've eaten at many different locations of both chains, and none of them have disappointed me.
Quit it you Texans! You are making me hungry, and I only have Giordano's and the Roadhouse for quality food here!

--Safyr Drathmir
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

In April (when i have an excuse to run down to Roswell GA - for DeepSouthCon - i plan to eat ribs at Dreamland at least once. Maybe twice.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Fairportfan wrote:In April (when i have an excuse to run down to Roswell GA - for DeepSouthCon - i plan to eat ribs at Dreamland at least once. Maybe twice.
Okay, you quit it too! I wanna goto Wagner's now, and grab a coupla slabs... :cry:

--Safyr Drathmir